Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First family trip + Grandparents - help required

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
D (now just 7Cool will get a free pass in Tignes in April and would have done in the Grand Massif in January if we had gone there.
We changed our minds and went to Austria and there were no reductions and we paid something over 1000 € for the two of us for 13 days. GM refunded what we had paid for my pass very quickly.
In December D would have paid around 50€ for a week in Les Gets/Morzine for six days, but bought a season pass as it was just €56. If we had gone to Morillon we would have popped over to Les Gets so used the season pass.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
“Austria.
Saalbach is bigger than Hinterglemm but they both have plenty of winterweg hiking trails, a free bus connecting them till 17:00, a sunny pedestrian pass allowing 2 daily ups and 2 downs on local gondolas and nice walks to local restaurants from the mountain station.
For my non skiing OH it was a pleasant week…”

A 7 day pedestrian pass for a non-skier in Saalbach costs €110. As stated above, for that you get two daily trips up and down on the gondolas, and, as the resort has lots of gondolas (more than any other resort worldwide), each with decent restaurants at the top and midpoint, there are plenty of options.

I heard of a 72 year old, who came to Saalbach as a total beginner a few weeks ago; apparently he progressed well. And today a friend was telling me of a 73 year old lady, who is still enjoying her skiing, after learning to ski at the age of 58.

Just in case these grandparents get bored with walking around in the snow, childminding, and window shopping.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy