Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Latest fund raising wheeze at check in.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
When checking in at Glasgow this morning for a TUI flight was asked for a further £56 as “boots are counted separately from skis”
Stood my ground and they backed off but just a heads up in case this is an actual change as opposed just the latest ‘Servisair’ extortion racket.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
robboj wrote:
When checking in at Glasgow this morning for a TUI flight was asked for a further £56 as “boots are counted separately from skis”
Stood my ground and they backed off but just a heads up in case this is an actual change as opposed just the latest ‘Servisair’ extortion racket.

Shocked Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Counted separately if you don't have ski carriage/ski's if you see what I mean.
Chances are it was just someone new at check in.
Have had this once with pre booked seats.
After being given wrong seat they said they couldn't change it as booked seat was already allocated. This was correct it was allocated to me.
Still peed of the folk behind in the que while we convinced the guy they need to sort it or end with two seats short rolling eyes
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.

http://youtube.com/v/oXpqyl2FH-M

snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Garfield, we had booked ski carriage each. The suitcases were about 4kg under in total and the two boot bags weighed 10kg so they were trying to charge us for the 6kg difference.
The check in clerk was new but the supervisor was called and he insisted. Thankfully I insisted better which makes me think they were at it.
Used the same flight in January with the same gear and no issues.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@robboj, I think the agents are correct - boots are not counted in your 'Ski Carriage' , they come with your General 20kg Hold allowance.
Unless you put your boots in your 10Kg carry on bag

From their Terms and conditions

"Please note ski/snowboard boots contribute to the overall luggage allowance and must be checked in as hold luggage..."
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hmmmm. Another take of indignant customer complaining the airline is fleecing him. When in fact it is perfectly clear what the luggage allowance is, and he was over the weight limit. Why oh why do people not know what it is that they have actually paid for?

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 8-03-23 14:14; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not used TUI flights for a while so goal posts may have moved re albob's post.
Been Jet2 last few flights boots are taken as part of their ski carriage weight if booked.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well, just to be clear. If you for ski carriage with easyJet you get a separate boot bag too, for the same price. And you can get a hell of a lot in a boot bag.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w wrote:
Well, just to be clear. If you for ski carriage with easyJet you get a separate boot bag too, for the same price. And you can get a hell of a lot in a boot bag.

Correct. BUT - for the sake of absolute clarity, the boot bag counts towards your overall weight allowance
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@zikomo, Reading Easyjet's sports baggage guidelines, they state

"You can pool the total weight allowances for your sports equipment and hold luggage, as long as no single item weighs more than 32kg."

Adding skis and boots to your booking gives you 20kg in addition to whatever weight you've booked for hold luggage so unless your skis weigh 20Kg i don't think the boots would affect your hold luggage.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
TUI don't count boots as part of your ski carriage any more.

From their T&Cs "Ski carriage doesn't include ski/board boots – these are part of your checked baggage or hand luggage allowance and must be packed in a separate bag"

Be interesting to see if you get away with it on the way back
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
grumpygargoyle wrote:
@zikomo, Reading Easyjet's sports baggage guidelines, they state

"You can pool the total weight allowances for your sports equipment and hold luggage, as long as no single item weighs more than 32kg."

Adding skis and boots to your booking gives you 20kg in addition to whatever weight you've booked for hold luggage so unless your skis weigh 20Kg i don't think the boots would affect your hold luggage.

This is really simple, but the above makes it seem complex!

On EasyJet, paying for ski carriage adds 20kg to your weight allowance and entitles you to both a ski bag and a boot bag. You can pool your weight allowance across all hold items (skis, boots and any bags you have paid for). The weight of the boot bag is part of that allowance - it is not in addition to it. Your booking will show the total weight allowance that you have, and all your hold items together must weigh less than that.

To take an example. If you booked 2 x 23kg hold bags and 1 x ski carriage. You would have 66kg total weight allowance. You can then take 2 x hold bags, 1 x ski bag and 1 x boot bag, the total weight of these added together cannot be more than 66kg. How you split the total weight allowance of 66kg between the items is entirely up to you, except no one item can weigh more than 32kg.

No idea what you think a boot bag does not affect your hold luggage, it does. And vice versa.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy