Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton advice (has anyone stayed at Vaya resort?)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're thinking about a group trip to St Anton next January - I haven't been for a while so am hoping to pick the snowHeads collective mind for tips...

We'll almost certainly go self catered - we typically go for catered chalets in France, but for various reasons we end up needing 6 rooms for 9 people, which would be a bit pricey in St Anton!

First up: has anyone stayed at the (I think fairly new) Vaya resort - is it nice? (Do the apartments have proper ovens?) Sunweb seem to have some reasonable prices including lift pass, and the location looks okay for me, but I don't know the town well. Is there a better option people would recommend?

Second: any recommendations on ski hire? I guess if we're at that end of town somewhere at Nasserein would be best - does anywhere rent lockers as well? (I'll have my own kit, most of the others will rent.)

Third: shopping. There looks to be a decent supermarket out to the east of town - is that the best bet? I figure we'll probably have a car (wine is heavy!)

Fourth: any restaurant recommendations for a couple of nights out (mid-priced, nothing too fancy)? Alternatively, are there any meal delivery companies (I can't find a hus.ki equivalent)?

Fifth: any recommended ski school/independent instructors for a few private lessons for intermediates?

Thanks in advance!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The best (not cheapest) place for kit hire is Jennewein sports they have a number of spots including next to the Nassereinbahn (if you pay a bit extra you can choose the exact model of ski, they mainly hire out Stöckli skis). They do lockers too, door right next to the piste. There are two other hire places at the Nassereinbahn both are fine and both also do lockers.

There are three supermarkets, Spar on the Dorfstrasse, Billa on the Arlbergstrasse (the road on the edge of the village) and Mpreis next to the petrol station at St Jakob. Mpreis is the largest is open on Sundays (think only afternoons) and there is a small one in the petrol station which I guess is 24 hours (pretty basic selection, fine for beer, water & chocolate!). Bakers in Nasserein car park.

Doubt anyone does deliveries but there is a pizza / kebab place opposite the Nassereinbahn. San Antonio does takeaway pizza and is a pretty reasonable Italian (book), Skiing Budha next to the station is good too (Thai, does takeaway)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you will have a car, then MPreis may be best from an easy parking perspective. They have quite a broad range of products, although I find their wine selection rather limited. If you are coming in from the east, it might be worth scoping out the shopping in Landeck. It is a much bigger town.

Spar is also open on Sunday afternoon.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@munich_irish, @ulmerhutte, Thanks both. Yes, I'd imagine we'll be coming from Innsbruck, so would pass Landbeck. Good to have the ski shop recommendation, although I'm not sure how many of our group need those top end Stocklis!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy