Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saas Fee Easter trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm going to Saas Fee in April with my son (9YO Blue run skier) and my wife (non skier) I'd appreciate some help on a few points please.

Some of the time I'll be skiing on my own and I'm confident I'll be able to ski the whole mountain.

When my son and I are skiing together we tend to stick to blue runs but he's ready to start on easy reds. My question is which are the easier red runs? From memory there's quite a range in Saas Fee, are there any I should specifically avoid?

Also is it worth a day trip to Saas Grund and/or Saas Almagel, with or without the boy?

Finally my wife will most likely want to do some hiking or snow shoeing while we are there (depending on conditions) has anyone attempted this at Easter? Any advice?

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I will be in Saas-Fee for the second time this season from Easter Sunday (probably my 12th visit there over the years!)

There's not a lot of blue run skiing but plenty of red stuff, some of it erring on the easy side.

Some of the easier stuff is around Morenia and from the top of the Metro Alpin head towards the Panorama lift (horribly boring long t-bar but a lovely cruising blue alongside it). Avoid Plattjen if it is open. The red at the top is on the difficult side, leads into a black with a blue variant which is not always open.

It looks like the Mittaghorn blue run is closed again which is a shame as it is very pleasant ans scenic. The whole ski area is still suffering from the summer glacier collapse which blocked off the runs coming out of the tunnel at Felskinn. The red run at 10b has been improved this season but still has one short, steep pitch which unnerves a lot of cautious skiers.

And don't discount the village lifts (dorflifte). Lot of fun can be had on these slopes, especially for the kids.

Saas Grund is definitely worth a trip - the red runs there are much easier.

Any thoughts on putting the boy into lessons? Can definitely recommend the Zenit Ski School.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, we were thinking about lessons but our first day skiing is a Wednesday because of a family gathering in the UK over the Easter weekend, unfortunately that seems to mean we can't book any group lessons due to them starting before we get there. I'll have a look at private lessons.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Henwc, Zenit's private lessons are on the pricey side but really worthwhile. My other half is a very cautious true-blue skier and she came on leaps and bounds with them. You pack a lot in during one of their two-and-a-half hour sessions.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@LOTA, Thanks private sounds positive, I have asked on another thread about how to structure the private lessons and I'll see if I can come up with a plan that works. Thanks for the help. If you see someone in Saas Fee from Wednesday 12 April on freestyle skis in an old-school bright Armada jacket that might be me.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@LOTA, Please can I check this is the website for the ski school you recommend? https://skischoolsaasfee.ch
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Henwc, that's the mob! Ben, the ski school director, and Ally are really good blokes and excellent instructors. Other members of the team are really good with youngsters, too.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@LOTA, Thanks Smile
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Please let me know how you get on with Zenit; I must remember to book a session with them for my trip!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Henwc, Just to second the above. Ski Zenit are the best and the link you out above is the right one.

You will have a great time in Saas Fee, we have being going for a spring week for years. Enjoy!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks all, I have booked some morning private lessons for my son with Zenit, the booking staff were very helpful so it's a good start.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Excellent; I am sure the instructor will be equally good. Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy