Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Schladming hotel recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
Can anyone recommend a good hotel up around the mid Station on the Hochwurzen, Schladming. I have stayed in the Alpine Club before so would be looking up above that somewhere near the Tauernalm. I understand there has been a fair amount of building up and around there since the last time I stayed in Schladming. Any recommendations appreciated.
Many thanks
Andy.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You know, the ones up and around Rohrmoos, no-one ever stayed in a hotel or pension there ?
Andy.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've stayed in the Hotel Rohrmooserhof a couple of times altough i think its been renovated/re-branded as the Hotel Weiden.
It was very good and a proper ski in/ski out job. Nice easy ski back after a few apres ski drinks at any of Taurenalm, Seiterhutte or Hoo-Ruck.

There are a few 4 Star and 4 Star Superior hotels up on the Rohrmoos Plateau that are piste side.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
3offthetee wrote:
I've stayed in the Hotel Rohrmooserhof a couple of times altough i think its been renovated/re-branded as the Hotel Weiden.
It was very good and a proper ski in/ski out job. Nice easy ski back after a few apres ski drinks at any of Taurenalm, Seiterhutte or Hoo-Ruck.

There are a few 4 Star and 4 Star Superior hotels up on the Rohrmoos Plateau that are piste side.

Thanks for the reply, I have been googling some of the hotels up there but was looking for first hand opinions from fellow snowheads too. Thanks again, much appreciated.
Andy.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Only ever stayed at the Alpine Club, where the restaurant, bar and swimming pool are currently closed. Has anyone any recommendations for restaurants around Rohrmoos for an evening meal (ideally traditional)?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I stayed at the Alpine club many times, had an apartment there. It was always a lottery turning up and wondering if there was going to be a bar, restaurant, pool available for the week Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Restless native, the Winterer is lovely. I’ve stayed there a couple of times. It’s near the Hoo-Ruck so out the way a bit. Perfect for the lift though or skiing down to Pichl.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the replies folks, looks like the decision has been made to book into the TUI Blue at the bottom of the Planai instead of Rohrmoos.
Andy.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy