Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bip&Go doofer - TLPC (most expensive trip)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Doofer didn't register entry on one section of motorway, so we had to take a ticket.

Unfortunately because the entry point wasn't recognised the invoice shows TLPC (most expensive trip) and charged for the whole of the preceding multiple sectors of motorway.

There is a messaging section of the Bip&Go app. for reporting Trip Anomalies ≥ TLPC, but I've messaged them twice with no response

Has anyone else experienced this, and how long did they take before organising a refund?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm reading this and wondering ?how?. Surely you can only have been charged for the section of autoroute the doofer didn't register for.

edit: maybe your doofer registered at the EXIT, and that's screwed up the charging.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What a pain. Your post made me check my bills, which I hadn't done since I had it, back in March. Embarassed I did have some huge bills (240 euros in May) but was expecting that - massive mileage in France and Italy and lots of long tunnels. There was just a small charge in June for a couple of trips out of Geneva airport in a hired car in May - on one of those the doofer didn't register and we had to pay by card but there was no TLPC charge, thankfully.

Let us know what happens. You might have to phone them, I guess.

These things are not foolproof. I suspect they are scarcely worth bothering with just for one trip a year. But having a Bip & Go did get me out of a potentially very tricky car park situation in Genoa airport where I had ended up going "in" through an exit...... Embarassed
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
joffy69 wrote:
I'm reading this and wondering ?how?. Surely you can only have been charged for the section of autoroute the doofer didn't register for.

edit: maybe your doofer registered at the EXIT, and that's screwed up the charging.

Each stage of the journey is itemised with an entry and exit point.

If the tag isn't recognised and doesn't raise the barrier when you enter a section, you have to grab a ticket from one of the normal barriers.

At the "exit" to that section the tag is now recognised but doesn't know where you entered, so assumes you entered at the furthest possible entry point and charges the maximum possible amount...

... well that's how it seems to work Confused
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I suppose the answer is that if you have to grab a ticket you should hide your tag away and pay with a card, or cash, when you exit.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
geoffers wrote:
joffy69 wrote:

If the tag isn't recognised and doesn't raise the barrier when you enter a section, you have to grab a ticket from one of the normal barriers.

At the "exit" to that section the tag is now recognised but doesn't know where you entered, so assumes you entered at the furthest possible entry point and charges the maximum possible amount...

I'd guess that's right so as pam says you need to hide your doofer away ( can it be turned off or Faraday pouch) if you have to do a manual section.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
I'd guess that's right so as pam says you need to hide your doofer away ( can it be turned off or Faraday pouch) if you have to do a manual section.

Ours arrived in a foil pouch which I keep in the car. Used once when we had a breakdown and I didn't want to be charged tolls whilst on the back of a recovery truck!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
geoffers wrote:
joffy69 wrote:

As Pam says...not fool proof
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I just got my Doofer direct from APRR*, cutting out the middlemen of apps, agencies, promo-companies etc so getting the best price (afaik) and the most direct route to solutions if there are problems.
I ran through the statements at the end of the Season and spotted a few sectors that had been charged as a more expensive vehicle class: 2 emails later, there's 45€ credit on my account Smile

*They've changed the name of the scheme a few times: it's currently called Fulli
Ours covers France, Spain, Portugal and Italy and has a monthly management fee, only on months it is used, of1€1.70 in France and €2.40 if used elsewhere.

Recommended.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well - a partial result : I had followed their procedures & sent (two) messages via the bip&go app, but had zero respose from these.

Then sent a message to info@bipandgo.com, and also found one of the directors on LinkedIn (Noémie Wederich) so messaged her too snowHead

Then got 2 messages back - the 1st from Noémie...

Quote:
Hello, sorry for that! We are currently experiencing a high volume of calls. I will see with the team so that your file is processed as soon as possible. Good evening Noemie

and the 2nd one from Customer services...

Quote:
We are responding to your request concerning a billing anomaly for your journey on 17/05/2023.

After analysing your file, we confirm that a request for correction has been sent to the motorway company concerned.

The adjustment will be made automatically on your next invoice by a cancellation transaction for the same amount and the invoicing of a new corrected transaction.

Yours sincerely

Your Bip&Go Customer Service

So it looks like there won't be a refund but we'll have to wait until the next journey invoice (which may not be for quite a while) before the amount is credited back against the invoice amount, so here's hoping that actually gets actioned Mad
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@geoffers, I would say thanks but I don't intend to traveling the near refuture. Please issue a refund.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
geoffers wrote:
Well - a partial result : I had followed their procedures & sent (two) messages via the bip&go app
... Message from Customer services...
Quote:
We are responding to your request concerning a billing anomaly for your journey on 17/05/2023.

After analysing your file, we confirm that a request for correction has been sent to the motorway company concerned.

The adjustment will be made automatically on your next invoice by a cancellation transaction for the same amount and the invoicing of a new corrected transaction.

...so here's hoping that actually gets actioned Mad

Finally some good news Very Happy - they've prepared the invoice for July which is for a credit amount, so with a bit of luck I'll see the refund in my Revolut account in a week or so.

Hope this helps anyone else who gets overcharged if their Doofer isn't recognised snowHead
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w wrote:
I suppose the answer is that if you have to grab a ticket you should hide your tag away and pay with a card, or cash, when you exit.

You should take you ticket to a manned booth, or press the help button on the ticket machine.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy