Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lyon Airport fast-track question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know not everyone approves of paying for fast-track security etc., but does anybody else have experience of the Lyon fast-track pass?

Specifically, they can be bought individually, or as a pack of 5 passes which last up to a year and is cheaper per pass. However, in that case the help page says it's the same QR code which can be used 5 times within 12 months. Has anybody successfully used all 5 scans on the same day by different people (e.g. a family of 5 all using the same pack)? The passes are not named, but I don't know if there's any kind of restriction meaning it can only be used once per hour/day or anything like that.

Many thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Having stood in security for 2 hours at Lyon it could be a good idea if you are tight for time. I almost missed my flight having turned up well in advance.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks @davidof, I'm definitely going to do it, but I'm trying to work out whether I need to buy 5x individual passes (40 euros), or can save money with a single pack of 5 passes (30 euros).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
For anybody who may be looking for the same information in the future, I've just purchased the x5 pass and the ticket has a note on it saying:

Quote:

"In case of successive use of your 5 accesses,
scan the QR code and then give the e-ticket to
your companio; once you have passed the access
doors, you will not be able to go back."

That implies multiple people can use the same pass on the same day, so I'm good to go hopefully. I'll report back in a few weeks if that didn't work though.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

That implies multiple people can use the same pass on the same day

up to 5 times. No good if there are 3 of you..... wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
For the record, yes the x5 pass happily scanned multiple people through one after the other. The screen showed how many times it had been used so far (the unused ones last up to 12 months from purchase).

Not that we needed it in the end as there was virtually no queue for security, since so many flights were cancelled due to the ATC strikes! I'd much rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it though.

On a different note, the brand new scanners in security lanes 1 and 2 mean that we didn't need to take anything out of our bags. Laptops, liquids, bottles of water etc. all went through the scanner inside bags with no problems. It will be great when more airports have that kind of system in the future.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy