Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d'Huez (4/2/23)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Good morning. We have booked a trip to Alpe d'Huez in early February and was wondering if anyone has any advice, on the resort, slopes, which ski school to choose (there seem to be many), restaurants etc!

Many thanks in advance!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What do you like to ski? Alpe d'Huez has everything. (Super) wide gentle slopes, decent blacks, squelchy bum blacks, high exposed slopes, low forested slopes, off piste, slopes facing multiple aspects so somewhere always picks up powder. Not quite as easy to get round as some similar French resorts but otherwise all good
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Masterclass always gets great reviews but getting an instructor for February might be difficult
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you for your suggestions. @peanuthead, we are confident skiers and enjoy everything from an easy long blue to a black (my knees do not enjoy bum blacks much, but steep ones are OK). We do not do off piste.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am going that week too. I really like it. It does have everything.
Even the ESF there are good (outside of school hols).

Restaurants: Smithys Tavern, Tremplins (in Bergers), the pizza restaurant in L'Eclose. La Fondue near the ice rink.

The slopes have everything too - some good blacks, a couple of super tests and a few nice ones.
The reds to Oz and Vaujany.
The main bowl for just whizzing about on nothing too testing.
Auris side on the scare chair with some more variety including a great red and a great black.
A scoot over to Villards to the restaurant at the bottom of the red/blue down to the lift - picturesque and always good.

It is contentious to say this, but I think it's up there with Les Arcs and the 3V for a week.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you yellow snow. I appreciate the information.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Any update on the ski and snow conditions in adh and vajunay oz?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just got back from a week out there. The snow is generally good, some hard pack depending on time of day and temperatures but overall great skiing. Snow cover is thin generally and while this doesn't massively effect skiing I had the most marks I've ever had on skis from rock impacts.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@simonasheil, thanks for this response! Was there snow cover down in Vaujany montfrais?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nearly all runs are open across the whole area. The red Vaujaniate was open all week, fairly good condition down to the bottom, bits of hard pack later in the day when more skiers have been down. The black (although arguably a red) La Fare opened on Friday, again fairly good condition with hard pack showing as more skiers went down.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thank you!! Would you say montfrais has good beginner skiing or is my wife better roff up in alpe d'huez
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'd say it's a good beginner area to start, almost certainly quieter at the start of the week. Chalets and Les Travers from the top to the bottom of Clos Giraud is a lovely gentle blue, while Edelweiss is a bit steeper.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy