Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sankt Gallenkirch

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After a lovely week in Samoens, apart from the blizzards, I'm craving more. Which means planning next year's holiday.
And I appear to have settled on Silvretta Montafon, and probably Sankt Gallenkirch.
Any tips? Good restaurants, best mountain restaurants? Best pistes? Snow sure (we'll be going mid-late Jan)
Or would I be better off going somewhere else entirely?
We'll be driving, probably using some combo of France Belgium France Germany (north side of Bodensee as I don't want to pay the Swiss thingy!).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Also would like some more info on this area. Seems to be a little off the beaten track. My Uncle used to live in Switzerland and died on the slopes in Montafon, as a tribute to him I was planning to organize a group trip to the same area he enjoyed before taking his last breath. It has a special significance for me and any info would be appreciated.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Leonard Smalls, @B1g_browner, great skiing, snows a lot, great offpiste. There's a lot more going on in Schruns (relatively - it's still quiet) if you want the choice of a couple of bars and restaurants though.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Happy with a bar which does good beer, preferably without schlager and apres ski! And a pizza place and local Austrian scran also fine by me.
Ideally I'd like a gig venue with a wide choice of music from punk through funk all the way to experimental jazz, though I realise that's unlikely Very Happy
Skiing looks great though!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looking like Memmingen airport is the best airport to hit? Are there any train links from there, or is it drive only?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We (family of 4) skiied there last April, staying in an apartment in Gortipohl - just up from St Gallenkirch. Very very very quiet, but that suited us. We didn't find loads of food options, but did like the food at Brunellerwirt, at the top of the Garfrescha Bahn I (fab old, slow two person lift that swings up quietly through the trees - may be more fun in April warmth than in Jan). We loved it overall and would go back - varied and interesting runs, great views. Plenty of impressive new fast lifts on Nova, and the journey over to Hochjoch reaches some interesting pistes, some with great views plus its long tunnel, which was much more fun than we expected. We also really liked Gargellen, particularly the long runs back down to the valley lift (6/6a and 2/2b); not particularly challenging, just long and scenic and away from things. We drove - although think there is a train to at least Schruns. Wanted to try it as we live near Newcastle, so we got the overnight ferry to Ijmuiden and then drove to the Montafon in a day. It did feel a bit off the beaten track - although perhaps just to UK folk - and was not particularly quiet given how late in the season we were, but no queues etc. We mostly ski in Serre Chevalier, and like the slightly less mainstream feel of the Southern French Alps, so that might why we chose and liked the Montafon. We would definitely go back - had a lovely holiday.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've now booked a flat near the Garfrescha lift for £mostreasonable... Looks glorious!
Fingers crossed for snow. And decide whether to go France/Strasbourg etc or Lille/Belgium/Luxembourg/Stuttgart /Ulm.
Decisions, decisions!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy