Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Breuil-Cervinia/Valtournenche/Zermatt boundaries?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sorry if this is covered elsewhere. New user, checked threads. If there is a good explainer that I missed, would appreciate reidirect.

We had a tough first day because we inadvertently bought a Valtournenche only pass, and got stuck in Cervinia. Had to ski down and take cab back to Valtournenche.

While riding our first lift, we discovered the limit to our ticket--so, hey no problem, Valtournenche is fine for our first day. As we skied further and further, I kept an eye out for signs, postings, anything to help us stay on Valtournenche. Nothing. Suddenly, we couldn't get onto a lift. Somewhere, we had crossed into Cervinia. No idea where that happened.

We are from the US, where the signage at resorts is plastered everywhere, and is designed for people like us: disoriented first time visitors. We've sorted out our tickets for the following day: we got Breuil-Cervina & Valtournenche tix, but I am still worried.

While on the mountain, how do I KNOW that this is Cervinia, here is Valtournenche, and just there is someplace else that is outside your ticket--Zermatt, or Torgnon, or Chamios. I have no idea where the last two spots are, but they're all on the ticketing site, so I guess anything is possible.

TIA
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I agree this is not made as obvious as it could be! But don’t worry, the cross over to Zermatt is much more clearly signposted, it would be almost impossible to end up there by accident. There used to be one spot where you can either reach Zermatt or ski back to Cervinia but it is well signposted.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The pistes belonging to each area are listed here at the bottom...

https://piste-maps.co.uk/Piste-Maps/Italy/Cervinia-Piste-Ski-Map-2024.jpg

Haven't been there myself - but it looks like you're in Cervinia as soon as you cross over the Colle Superiore delle Cime Bianche
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@zikomo, thank you for your quick reply, much appreciated. I am relieved to learn we are unlikely to stumble into Zermatt.

I still need to ask a clarifying question:

From either Breuil-Cervino or Valtournenche, are there other areas where we might get stuck? I looked for Chamois and Torgnon on a map (had never heard of either until I got here), but they do not appear to be adjacent. They don't appear to have any ski areas, either. That said, Italy is full of surprises. Most of the time, we enjoy them, but I would like to avoid one like we had yesterday.

Thank you in advance.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@bettyrubble01730, no other areas are connected so you don’t need to worry at all about that!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy