Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot fitter in Kitzbuhel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

Please recommend a boot fitter in Kitzbuhel.
I am an intermediate/advanced female skier, groomed piste.
Have been suffering in my current Head Dream 10.5 269mm that are a few seasons old. Had them punched, shaved with custom made inserts.
Seems that I don't explain clearly the problems.... and/or started with the wrong boots to be fitted.
The idea is to buy ski boots in a shop in Kitzbuhel (visiting from US) and fit them during the week I am on a ski holiday there.

Visiting in the mid of February. Concern is size and selection as this will be late in the season.

Please no responses “any shop there” …Looking for a recommendation Smile

Thank you!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lack of responses suggest that
1. either I asked a question that was answered a thousand times (kindly share the link),
2. or there is no known good shop/fitter in Kitzbuhel Smile

I unfortunately don't know a good boot fitter in my area (the Silicon Valley in California).
I tried a few.

If you were me, what would you do? I have an upcoming ski trip to Kitz and Lech.
I have a pair of ski boots that I have to unbuckle after each run. They hurt.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 5-02-23 3:47; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to SnowHeads.

I bought my boots from Dale Boots in Kitzbuhel. They are a bit different as they are custom shells- but I have been really pleased with them. Really pleased.

If all else fails, pop in there and have a chat- the guy who runs the Kitzbuhel place is the European agent- all of their boots in Europe go there to be made( they are a small bespoke company) but he will know everything there is to know about bootfitters in the town.

I would definitely have a chat with them- he is either English or American- I can’t remember.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@dasha200200, I should have said above- Daleboots are an American company
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@dasha200200, I doubt this has been a question answered before. I am afraid I cant make a personal recommendation for where to buy boots in Kitzbühel (St Anton, Ischgl & Munich) A good few years ago I hired skis from the place at the bottom of the Hahnenkammbahn which was fine, they will sell boots but how well trained the staff are in fitting boots difficult to know but they do look pretty good (if websites are anything to go by) https://www.kitzsport.at/ . Almost certainly worth sending them an email (they will speak perfect English!). If you are going to Lech there is a well known manufacturer of (expensive) custom made boots there - Strolz. Whether that is really what you are after is a different matter.

I have a pair of Atomic Hawx Prime 120 boots which I bought a few years back. They are perfectly comfortable to wear however I have increasingly been struggling to get them on and off (it took 30 minutes last year!) - a common problem as you get older apparently. So I decided to hire when I skied 10 days ago, I got a pair of Nordica HF 110 boots which are rear entry , they were great, easy to get on & off, comfortable and perfectly good to ski in. So much so I am thinking about buying a pair of HF 120 boots ( a bit stiffer). No doubt that 4 buckle boots are perfect for ensuring a firm & precise connection between your foot and the ski but comfort isnt necessarily one of their attributes. Maybe try hiring a pair of the Nordicas?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you for the responses!
Since I did not get a reco in Kitz, I bought today a pair here from a local ski shop.
Tecnica Mach 1 LV 95 W
I am sure that I will need adjustments after trying them on slop, I would still
hope that someone local or a frequent visitor will recommend a great boot fitter in Kitz or Lech Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@dasha200200, Try emailing the local ski schools/race clubs, 100% they'll know the person to visit.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy