Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TR -La Thuile 29th Jan - 5th of Feb 2023

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Who - MrsHD, me and my parents.
Where - La Thuile
Accommodation La Miramonte - https://www.lathuile.it/en/facilities/127/Le_Miramonti_hotel_&_wellness
Traveled with Crystal Ski as a package.

Hotel - Absolutely excellent from the start. The staff are attentive in all areas, the food is great and we were treated to fabulous 4 course meals every day. Sometimes I skipped dessert.
It's a good 5-600m away from the main lifts but the hotel has its own 8 seat mini bus so that's not a problem.
Spa facilities are very good with a small pool, sauna and steam room. A small relaxation area is poolside with complimentary drinks and snacks.

Skiing - With the doom and gloom of a rather warm start we watched the weather almost daily and can confirm that the snow was in very good condition all week, it did need a refresh at the end but nothing to complain about.
La Thuile is linked with La Rosiere so a reasonable amount of skiing is available however at this the time of year it was a VERY cold trip over via a long rolling blue run and a chair. I suspect once the sun is higher then this would be more comfortable.
The week was very quiet with the largest queue being at the bottom of the gondola but at most 30 people so it cleared very quickly.
A couple of windy days mid week but we found some sheltered skiing towards the left (looking up) of the resort around the Argillien Express lift. Again very quiet.

On slope dining was very good and very good value, a round of drinks on the French side was approx 22e, in Italy it was 12e as we're all aware.

The lift system on the Italian side was probably the most disappointing thing of the holiday with some very slow fixed grip chairs. It need a few Euros throwing at it.

Overall we had a cracking week with 6 sunny days skiing in good conditions.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@homers double, nice report. I agree that a couple of the lifts on the Italian side are a bit cronky - but they can generally be avoided. I think that La Thuile is a bit of a bargain.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What did you think of the town itself and is there any potential for off slope activities ?

We are mulling La Thuile for Feb 24 half term as it might not be quite as busy as elsewhere.
(Limited number of beds in LT and Italians not actually got a school holiday that week although Carnivale will coincide).

Have been to La Ros many times so am familiar with ski area.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Was there recently. Town seemed quiet. Coupe of nice middle of the road traditional restaurants. There is a purpose built resort at the foot of the main lift which had a bit of life in it if that was where you were going to end up staying, think its called the Planibel or something. The resort website was advertising some interesting off slope activities, like snowshoing to a mountain hut for dinner, visiting caves and frozen waterfalls and some old mines. There's also a spa at the bottom of the road to the resort but I didn't try any of these.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@sheffskibod, Very interesting view from last week . I have a Home in Sainte Foy and always try and make the day trip to La Thuille via La Rosiere for lunch ski etc when I’m out . I must stress I haven’t stayed in La Thuille .

We went over last Tuesday in the height of the holidays , uk HT , Dutch and Belgium hols and one of the Paris weeks . Well La Rosiere was truly awful I’ve never known it so busy BUT once we arrived in La Thuille it was a massive relief much much quieter and the pistes were in better condition I suspect the lack of traffic had helped . There are some lovely restaurants in La Thuille to visit my main choices are Hotel Chalet Eden and Pepita , I used to go to Chez Larant which was good and I understand is open again . Yes the Spa in PreSt Didier is supposed to be very special .
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Chez Laurent was excellent. Interesting, excellent value, tasty and I presume authentic food served in what otherwise kind of looks like a spare room of a house!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy