Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Monterosa - Champoluc, Gressoney, Alagna - LUNCH (and toilets) thread

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Toilet update especially for the ladies. Couple of options that are accessed directly from the outside so if you have lunched somewhere with hole in the floor toilets it’s easy to nip in to one of these before/after.
Campo Base at top of Alpe Mandria chairlift in Frachey (turn right from the lift and it’s right there). 2 x hole in the floor on the right hand side of the toilets, and 1 x proper loo on the far left. Stairs down to them from the outside.
Bedemie at bottom of Bedemie Seehorn chair in Gressoney sector (great cake btw!). There is a proper loo in the middle cubicle with hole in floors either side. Accessed by outside stairs.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Campo Base in my opinion has become awfully pretentious. Tried to grab lunch there today at 1pm and at the very least half, if not 2/3, of the outdoor tables were empty but we were told no room at the inn … its all booked and people are coming for lunch. BullS**t it was already 1pm and there were only 2 of us. Thought the attitude of the apparently main woman outside stank. I ate there several times last time i was here and never needed to book.
Personally I think its a shame when places get into this booking nonsense. You know full well folks are booking and no showing. no sense of business. Went elsewhere and glad we did.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Adamski, Campo Base has never really been our place - but in fairness ...

- we usually book lunch for 13:30 or 14:00 and I don't think we're terribly unusual (?) (p.s. que "Booking "nonsense"" ?? - We will usually book, esp. if choosing a route around the restaurant ...

- were they defo serving on the terrace? Cré Forné last weekend were not (but they are a little special, and not at all busy) - this time of year e.g. it's often cold and e.g. staffing issues
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@under a new name, frankly that rant was not related to my post!
Anyway, as usual I agree with your wisdom. We stopped for drinks and cake before last run home today. Excellent service. I spoke to the “main woman” (what a horrible expression) about lunch tomorrow. She said busy outside, which made me happy as we prefer inside. Come at 1230 if you want a quick lunch, come at 1400 or so will take longer/more relaxed. Lovely conversation, probably because between like minded individuals who understand Italy a bit!
Also thanks to you had excellent steaks at Spain last night!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Adamski, bit of an odd post from you. You didn’t get a table at a restaurant that was fully booked, so that’s somehow the restaurant’s fault and how dare they? Why? Because there were only 2 of you and you could see some spare tables at 1pm on an Italian mountain? How are you to know better how many people have booked and will turn up? Everyone I have come across here, including at Campo Base, have been delightful. I suspect you were somewhat rude and demanding so we’re eventually told politely that it is what it is and there is no table for you, which you then describe as a stinking attitude. Weird.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Gotta love snowheads, super thread, hope to tick some of these off (restaurants more than toilets specifically) when I finally get to visit these resorts in good conditions
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy