Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl 2022/23

Poster: A snowHead
Starting this thread as I can't see one anywhere else.

Heading out to Ischgl next week, looks like the snow is going to arrive just in time!

Would be interested to hear from anyone out there on what the conditions are like. Also any new developments (lifts, pistes, apres-ski) since 2019 when we were last there. How is the new post-covid Ischgl looking compared to previous? Are Trofana Alm and Nikki's still the places to go for the classic apres experience?

Also has Austria gone contactless for payments or is cash still king in the bars, restaurants etc?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
has Austria gone contactless for payments

If there's a card machine then you can pay contactless. Not everywhere has a card machine (not sure about Ischgl specifically) so carry a few notes.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Most places take card in Ischgl, but we came across one place (on Swiss side) that was cash only, so best to have some with you. Nikis and Kitzloch were good for the apres, but wasn't over the other side of town so not sure about Trofana Alm.

Snow today right down to resort level. Changed the look of the place, but I didn't see too many heading off piste. Hopefully that will change with more snow forecast over next few days.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We arrived yesterday evening, we are staying in Galtur a few miles up the valley. The main road was white this morning, I was woken by snow ploughs clearing the roads, it's snowed most of the day visibility isn't brilliant but the fresh snow has transformed the whole valley. Spent the morning in Galtur, the slopes were fairly quiet took the ski bus down to Ischgl and took the Pardatschgrat 3S gondola up the mountain cold day -8c at the top felt colder with the wind chill. Looking great for the week ahead with cold temperatures, more snow and not much sun. Level 3 avi wise. Had a couple of beers in town before getting the bus back up to sleepy Galtur. Good news is that the local bus is now running later in the evening up to around 11pm, it used to be 7pm. We are here for 10 nights switching fairly late on from a trip we had planned to Andermatt and after checking conditions we made the decision that the Paznoun valley was looking more encouraging, pleased with our plan B decision. Will go to Andermatt later in the season once it has benefited hopefully from more of the white stuff.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oh, card wise - acceptable in most of the restaurants with just the odd one that takes cash only. We were here last April and from past experience I carry a couple of hundred Euros in my wallet daily together with my Nat West Mastercard that way both bases are covered.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi all, any Snowheads out in Ischgl for an update on piste conditions?

Heading out on Saturday for a few days so appreciate a latest update if anyone is in resort pls…

Thanks Eh oh!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We are heading there on Saturday for a week. Unfortunately, or fortuitously our flight had ran out of ski space so we’ve had to book piste ski rental leaving our off piste skis and gear at home
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Our first time in Ischgl. All the pistes are in brilliant condition despite lack of recent dumps. However as you would expect the valley runs get a bit scraped off icy in the afternoon
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just back from a brilliant 4 days there! Conditions are excellent bearing in mind the lack of snow across the Alps earlier this season. As @On the Rocks has said, but scraped at end of day when heading down to the village, but no more so than normal…

Stayed in the Modern Mountain hotel as normal - hosts Sabrina and Hugo were brilliant. Recommend this hotel if anyone looking for excellent hotel and service in Ischgl. Not a blatant plug, but just sharing our continued experience over last 5 years with fellow Snowheads.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Heading there a week tomorrow - hopefully the pistes hold up in the cold as it doesn't look like there's much on the way before then.

The Piz Val Gronda lift hasn't been open whenever I've looked recently - any idea why? Needs a bit more cover up there?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Think so, it’s been closed this week as you say. Was a bit breezy at times so may be that the snow has been scoured by the wind - looks pretty exposed…

Great work from the cannons and pisteurs will help with the cover - def no problems with being cold enough to have them working at full blast.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Robbarber wrote:
Think so, it’s been closed this week as you say. Was a bit breezy at times so may be that the snow has been scoured by the wind - looks pretty exposed…

Great work from the cannons and pisteurs will help with the cover - def no problems with being cold enough to have them working at full blast.

Except for the canon right outside our hotel room window all night!

I suspect Gronda is closed to keep folk away from the off piste from there with sparse snow cover. Our first time in Ischgl, OP terrain looks amazing, hopefully will be back to enjoy it
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
In Ischgl this weekend. On-piste conditions are great, hard-packed in places but generally very nice skiing. Poor visibility today though, and brutally cold/windy in parts.

Good to see that the apres-ski is as mental as ever and that the Trofana Alm is holding onto its position as the best bar in the Alps. What's the German song, a bit melancholy, that has lyrics that sound something like "in my life"? Seems to be a big favourite!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
michebiche wrote:
hopefully the pistes hold up in the cold as it doesn't look like there's much on the way before then.

did they hold up nice?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Mother hucker, I’ll tell you on Friday when I’m out there. Some wigglies around the end of the week on the charts so there might be a refresh before/during my trip
snow conditions
Two days of excellent on-piste conditions. It’s been very cold (lifts saying -14 at 2pm!) although not much wind so the snow has stayed pretty fresh throughout the day, and not too bad when the sun’s out.

There was a dusting of new snow last night which freshened up things slightly but apart from a few north facing pockets the off piste is not worth investigating. Sounds like a good dump is coming next week which will be well received, but as I say the cold conditions and snow cannons have preserved the pistes well.

Otherwise - would definitely bring cash. Card is accepted at most places but often with a minimum (€50 at Trofana Alm). First time here so can’t compare to pre-covid but the Apres is excellent- Kuhstall, Kitzloch and Trofana Alm the picks for me.
ski holidays
@MontyP, Die Immer Lacht?
latest report
Hi,
Heading to Ischgl on Saturday. Smile
Anyone with any update on conditions there?
snow conditions
Looking at doing a week in Ischgl beginning 24 April (a 'ski camp' with Klaus from Sofa Ski School). It's super late for me - never skied beyond mid-March, and I thought that was late! What are current conditions like and any educated guesses and what it's going to look like by the end of April?
snow conditions
@kaiserchief, was there last week half term week , glorious sunshine and snow in really good condition , main runs home obvs busy and a bit lumpy at end of day , but it was amazing , we had wall to wall sunshine so vis was never an issue
snow report
Thanks for update @gwatts10! Eh oh!
Looks like some freshies on Saturday and somewhat colder conditions this weekend!
https://www.bergfex.com/silvretta-arena-ischgl-samnaun/wetter/prognose/
Looking forward to it now! Eh oh! Eh oh!
ski holidays
Anyone been to Ischgl in the past week or two and able to update what the conditions are like?
ski holidays
Also looking for an update on conditions!
latest report
me also, how's snow holding out?
latest report
Us too, heading out on Saturday.
snow conditions
As is @VolklAttivaS5
ski holidays
I am and can’t wait.
latest report
Don't bother packing the sun screen. Shocked

snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@JimboS, I did see that the windchill up high was going to be rather chilly for the time of year so I did pop my balaclava in my bag after all!
-18 or something when I looked
ski holidays
I'm a week Saturday will anyone still be there?
latest report
Let's hope the forecasts come to fruition, heading out to Galtur this weekend taking in the George Ezra concert next Thursday at Idalpe. We were staying in Samnaun three weeks ago and we had good conditions overall with a couple of days of very snowy cold weather.
snow report
Arrived in Ischgl early evening yesterday. A long day!
I also spotted the George Ezra concert next week.
First ski day today, looks like there was new snow yesterday up high, will take a look! The interactive map is showing closures up high though but they could just be preparing it.
latest report
Snow since mid day and looks to continue till Tuesday when we will see some sun.
Monday looks to be cold up top as Volkl' predicted.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 26-03-23 15:51; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@JimboS, is your whole tribe out there with you? I've followed your Mayrhofen missions in the past
snow conditions
@Mother hucker, we were actually due to have another big family trip this Easter at the Hof, but got news at Christmas that two of our daughters are pregnant, with due dates in June, so it's postponed for a couple of years. We then decided that we wouldn't go at all and spend the dosh on a garden make over, but I couldn't stop myself looking at last minute deals last week, so now we are here Very Happy
latest report
congrats grandad. that was a deal and half you got. I dont like travelling with TOs but I think I'd have took that offer. I'm driving out to ischgl friday
latest report
@Mother hucker, there will be plenty of snow for sure. Thats quite a drive, how long does it take? A benefit of living down south!

We will do another Alps tour this summer or next.

snow report
We skied in Galtur today. Pistes in good condition and it started snowing heavily around lunchtime.

Itineraries were open. Off piste only for the brave at the moment.

Snowing heavily on and off in Ischgl and the snow line steadily creeping down over the evening.

Off to Kappl tomorrow as the weather seems to be more of the same.

Tuesday shaping up to be an excellent day. Very Happy

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 27-03-23 8:49; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@JimboS, 16hrs, we'll stop along the way somewhere
latest report
Still dumping down at 6.30 here in Galtur, brew time and an early breakfast meeting with our four other ski buddies to decide where we ski today, we'll need some trees as it's going to be a powder day and visibility will be the issue. Starting to wish I'd brought out my fat skis rather than my all mountain ones, I might be hiring some. All the same it's a nice problem to have. Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy