Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Portes du Soleil slalom course?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is there a permanent free to use for general skiers slalom course anywhere in the Portes du soleil or Verbier? Could do with one for GCSE PE filming. Is there one in the Avoriaz ski park area?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What do you consider a "slalom course"? If you are really looking for a giant slalom course then just enter an ESF Fleche race, there is always a wide range of abilities skiing in them.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I’m really just looking for a piste with a minimum of 15 flags set up. They have them in the Dolomites with a timer so you can see how long it takes where we’ve been for the last couple of trips.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No, there is no permanent run such as you describe. Best bet would be to contact the local ski clubs and see if they'd allow you to tag along when they're doing their training.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@LadyDi, If you want flags then that is a giant slalom, just enter a Fleche and film it.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I didn’t know you could do that. I’ll investigate. Thanks.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@LadyDi, Didn't know you could do what?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Enter an ESF slalom.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@LadyDi, worth checking whether for the GCSE it needs to be slalom or Giant Slalom, or whether it can be either.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
swskier wrote:
@LadyDi, worth checking whether for the GCSE it needs to be slalom or Giant Slalom, or whether it can be either.
It can be either.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
swskier wrote:

I don’t think it matters - it says either slalom (1:15 gates depending on level), downhill, ski cross or slope style. It doesn’t have to be in an actual competition (just other people around is enough) but I think that will help.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
When I was in Mayhoffen circa 7 years ago they had a number of these around the place (it got rather competitive with my previous racer friends!). Quite a few places have one of these somewhere, but unless you get to it quick or have proper race pedigree they can get rutty and scratchy pretty quickly and wouldn't flatter on video for a remote PE teacher!

You can also have a private race training session with ESF (chunk more than the Fleche though).
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
LadyDi wrote:
Is there a permanent free to use for general skiers slalom course anywhere in the Portes du soleil or Verbier? Could do with one for GCSE PE filming. Is there one in the Avoriaz ski park area?

My daughter did her GCSE skiing filming in Avoriaz in 2022. We used the ski school we've always used there to film it, to make sure it was done properly, but we just sent them the exam spec and they sorted it out no problem.

(Unsubtle brag, she got 19 out of 20 for it, so must have done ok snowHead )
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy