Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Borovets 2022 2023

Poster: A snowHead
Will provide a few updates when I can.

Currently the lifts are shut to skiers and the only lifts open are a few drag lifts at resort level on cannon made snow.

It's bleak but great walking weather Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
should have stayed in Japan for the season!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Gored, the cost of my one week apartment in Japan (very nice a 2 minutes to a chair lift) is roughly the same as 4 months in Borovets ... although 1 weeks snow in Japan is probably the same as 4 months in Borovets too
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We're going out there on the 7th January. Some snow are forecast for the new year. Hopefully there will be more runs opening then. The resort is supposed to have 60% snow cannon coverage, the problem is it's a bit too warm for them.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@luanb, the canons have been working when they can to stock pile snow and get some kind of a base. The beginners area had the drags working on the made snow and it was quite good underfoot, better soft canon snow than frozen for the beginner snowboarders ... it was a bit like March conditions.

Hopefully the snow will come and the it will be great by the time you arrive.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Long range forecast for Borovets is looking bleak. Still warm and not much sign of snow.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@luanb, actually it's not looking good for you, I walked up to the top of the Sitnyakovo Express lift and there is no natural snow at all ... it's still green fields with mounds of stockpiled canon snow.

Add to that warm temperatures for the next 6 days of forecast (no snow) that means no change in the pistes until 1st Jan 2023 and it looks too warm for much canon snow until then.

Even if it starts snowing on 2 Jan (nothing says it will) it could take the lift company a week to prepare everything on the mountain and getting the snow in the right place in correct depths.

In your position I would try to change resort or accept the risk of not much, if any, skiing and a different type of holiday that is more like a summer than winter holiday.

So sorry, but that is how it is at the moment.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@rayscoops, yeah, outlook is a bit bleak for skiing. Unfortunately if they open up something then the TO and insurance will decline any compensation I expect. So it may be a hiking holiday after all.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@luanb, I have heard of people being allowed postpone a few days before their holiday at the moment.

- Quad biking
- horse trekking
- a monastery a short walk away with an incredible mini hydro electrical generator run off a stream that must be from 1850 ish, - hot outdoor natural spa a taxi ride away,
- I climbed the mountain bike trails yesterday to the top of the mountain,
- a nice walk to Black Rock (a gruesome history)
- bunch of lakes 20 km below Borovets
- ten pin bowls and swimming pools
- Ice skating outdors in Samakov, the town 10 k away ...

You could even learn to board on the bunny slopes Shocked (or ski if you are a broader)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@rayscoops, We've booked a trip to Wagrain. The guys made a good point that if we wanted a mountain holiday we would have gone in the summer (or to Wales). Now just waiting to see what we can get back from the TO.

Shame really, we were in Borovets this time last January and it was great.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@luanb, it's 11 deg C here and no sign of temperatures dropping any time soon to get the snow cannons working.

You made the right decision to go elsewhere.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Seriously crossing my fingers for January 21st. Long range shows some snow but obviously that can change.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You may as well head to sunny beach - or go ski in gerogia?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fj2k wrote:
Seriously crossing my fingers for January 21st. Long range shows some snow but obviously that can change.

Various forecasts have said snow any day now since the week before Xmas Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
fj2k wrote:

Same here - my other halves first ski trip - we've already resigned ourselves to the fact that we won't be doing much skiing...
ski holidays
I'm in the same Jan 21st boat. Definitely lots of snow anxiety going about. Don't want to miss out on skiing as its our first ever ski trip. Multiple forecasts seems to be showing 20-30cm forecast on the 10th and 11th so fingers are crossed Very Happy
snow report
A dusting in the last day
snow report
just returned to Borovets and will try to give an update after my first slide of the season
snow conditions
Panic over?? Very Happy

ski holidays
I think you need to take a closer look at the webcams. Hardly anything on the lower slopes and my friend who has been there has said it's very rocky/stoney in places.
snow report
Knee is painful (maybe I should not have bought the season pass) so only managed one run off the 6 man Martinovi chair down the blue Martinovi 1 and the black Cherveni.

Actually quite nice to ride but lots of small pebbles working their way up and showing in the snow.

All three chair lifts are open to skiers with routes down from them so at least people can ski... a week or so ago it was basically just the bunny slopes open but a bit of snow and cannons means that you can get some sliding going

Better that the awful UK rain for sure
ski holidays
Rained all evening and all night at resort level.

Freeze line around 1800m (moved around a bit though, so could have been lower) looked to be above or near the top stations of the 4 and 6 man chairs on Rila side of the mountain and web cams suggest it was sleet at best because the trees and side of piste still look green at 1750m and no big piles of snow on the top of the lift buildings at 1600m.

Probably snowed at the top of the gondola but it hasn't been open up there yet this season

Awful conditions yesterday with lots of brown patches poking through the thin meagre snow cover ... just one run and called it quits to save my board

Hopefully daylight will show a white mountain ... but hope does not spring eternal today
snow conditions
Actually the rain just turned into wet but heavy snow at resort level ... hope does spring eternal after all
ski holidays
Excellent day in the end, nice powder up top off the Gondola although not sure the Gondola was officially open to skiers ... will be open tomorrow for first lift I think is in order
snow report
Snowing at resort level and canons on too
snow conditions
Glad it seems to be improving significantly @rayscoops Smile
ski holidays
Just back from a week, somewhat limited but at least we got skiing. Sitnyakovo side seemed very busy the one time we went, Yastrebetz area only had Yastrebetz 3 and Popangelov opening but was quieter. Haramia was not officially open, but had everyone going down it from the gondola.

Snow cannons on constantly, presumably making the most of the low temperatures. Seemed to have spent the week in a cloud, giving constant very light snow that make everything look pretty, but not enough to open the Markudjik slopes or Yastrabetz 1.
ski holidays
sabreboy wrote:
Just back from a week, somewhat limited but at least we got skiing. Sitnyakovo side seemed very busy the one time we went, Yastrebetz area only had Yastrebetz 3 and Popangelov opening but was quieter. Haramia was not officially open, but had everyone going down it from the gondola.

Snow cannons on constantly, presumably making the most of the low temperatures. Seemed to have spent the week in a cloud, giving constant very light snow that make everything look pretty, but not enough to open the Markudjik slopes or Yastrabetz 1.

Yip, anything accessed off the Gondola is shut because not enough snow (no cannons up there) ... you have probably had the best week so far and I feel so sorry for people that booked earlier in January.

Probably the worst year for snow ever and only in the last 10 days have they been able to run the cannons and put a proper base down, before that is was basically pistes without snow. Had some lovely walks though Toofy Grin

Yastrebetz 3 and Popangelov are quite long and wide pistes and they have been virtually empty as people prefer the easier accessed Rila side which has been really busy (avoid the crowd and slide the blacks wink ) so it was probably wise to stay away form the Rila side. That said I do enjoy the Sitnyakovo red that runs down the the top of the 6 man chair then dodge down the Martinovi Blue and attack the Cherveno Black ... can avoid the crowd this way

Had one day on the Markkudjik 4 man lift and managed knee deep powder on an closed piste Little Angel

Beer is cheap too Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowing now and the Markudjik 4 man chair accessed off the Gondola was open ... phew
snow report
Finally some decent snow, boot deep powder down the Masala Pathway ... maybe they will ope it soon snowHead
snow report
Evening! Anyone in Borovets at the moment? We get there Saturday aft and wondering what the snow situation is like? Getting conflicting forecasts depending on what weather sites I’m looking at?
Also, hi5 to Rayscoops for the updates throughout Jan
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy