Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sankt Anton - Cut ski lock

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi!

Just a heads up. Had my skis outside the Krazy Kangaroo locked with a ski lock to the stand. Came back and the lock was cut and the skis gone.

Helpfully they left my poles so I could walk down. But it a warning as the expectation by everyone is that ski locks work sufficiently well.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bad news that @Legendarry. Sorry to hear it. Who are these robbing b@$tard$? Evil or Very Mad

Hope you can get sorted. An insurance job??

Mustard mitt, I've never regarded my cable lock as anything more than a deterrent - given the number of skis that are left with no locks at all...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Legendarry, Sorry to hear that and welcome to snowHeads

For more aged snowheads the taxy trade may have dropped off wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I’ve been hearing about skis getting stolen a lot this season. Wonder if it’s a gang thing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Legendarry, Unfortunately it is a hardly unknown occurrence, The Moose has a ski "cloakroom" well worth the few Euros it costs. Most missing skis are folk picking up the wrong ones after a beer or five too many but clearly not in this case
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
chocksaway wrote:

For more aged snowheads the taxy trade may have dropped off wink

wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sorry to hear that. Same happened to me in St Anton (not at KK though) in 2009. My insurance paid out no problem once I'd got a report from the police station - hope yours do too.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B09MWGDGPN?tag=amz07b-21

I got one of these. I am paranoid about my kit getting nicked.
I know a lock is only a deterrent
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Legendarry, What type of lock was it? I use a key cable lock. There are combination locks that have a thin wire cable that could be easily cut.
The cable on mine is more heavy duty. But it is a worry.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
davidthornton wrote:

The cable on mine is more heavy duty. But it is a worry.

the lock will only deter careless people who've mistaken your shiny new skis for their clunker skis and casual thieves. If someone wants your 1000 euro skis and are equipped nothing will stop them.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
to be honest, it doesnt matter what lock you have.
If someone want to take your ski, bicycle, car etc he can. If someone is experienced , and he is really good prepared for this.

These locks we usually use (i do it also) are for this occasion if someone takesyour ski (after a few beers) accidentally or they look like yours, or some silly people who thought "ok lets take some skis back to XXX with us". In suce a case they will take something that is unlocked (quicker and easier)

But a real thief dont have a problem with this locks.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
What also helps is if your skis look a bit beaten up. No matter how expensive the model, if the top sheet is battered the skis are less saleable and therefore less attractive to thieves. So don’t get precious about the top sheet.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy