Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Please test / view new secure webcam feed from here in Serre Che

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As some may know we've had our webcam for nigh on ten years and in that time technology has moved on, not least nigh on everything has to be on a secure feed as it were, HTTPS rather than HTTP.

I now have the webcam on HTTPS so you can view it on the page.

The feed is still a bit jittery, well at least from our end as we're still on antiquated ADSL which hopefully will be changing over to fibre broadband from December 2nd.

The cam moves around and stays for 60secs before moving on.

As you can see the sun is very low so there is some glare on one position.

You can zoom in and out and view full screen.

https://stylealtitude.com/serrechevalierweathercam.html

Please let me know any issues etc hopefully we'll have some snow falling in the garden middle of next week Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks OK from here (android on tablet, if important) with decent colour representation, dog moving around sniffing @ 9:24 ish, can see traffic moving along road without obvious significant delay in image etc.

Pixilated as camera pans but stops with fixed position (compression effects ? ) overall image looks to have some haze/dispersion on primary optic, associated reduction in contrast and bleeding of highlights into shadow areas typical of this is predominant.

Perfectly serviceable as is with above as observations.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Click the webcam link takes me here. Where’s the webcam?

ps all the ads are a bit annoying!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Works well for me on iPhone. As @ski3, says a bit pixelated when it’s panning, but that’s fairly standard.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Now it works:

ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Think it's a bit glitchy with the ADSL and a number of users hitting it at the same time, in a couple of weeks we join (hopefully) the real world and get broadband, even then I'll be surprised if we get anything over 50mbs
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Weathercam wrote:
Think it's a bit glitchy with the ADSL and a number of users hitting it at the same time, in a couple of weeks we join (hopefully) the real world and get broadband, even then I'll be surprised if we get anything over 50mbs

You need 50cm to make it more interesting snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Works fine

Maybe make the viewing window smaller on web (PC).

That will help with resolution.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Not too bad. As you say, a bit of glare from the low sun. The dog seems to like his/her look-out post wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Perfect timing, broadband was installed on Friday, and after some testing and fiddling have now been able to increase the resolution of the feed as uploads speed is so much faster.

Plus to make it all worthwhile we had circa 15cm of fresh last night, so picture postcard etc

Also now additional functionality, such as the ability to view full scene & zoom

https://stylealtitude.com/serrechevalierweathercam.html
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not sure if the snow has moved the camera but it could do with pointing up a little more Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy