Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Club Med, Les Arcs Extreme

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Club Med
Would anyone like to share their experience with Club Med?

I'm contemplating taking my 3 kids (grown up kids) in late Feb to Les Arcs.
We're all competent Skiers and Boarders, so I'm not sure how the lessons will pan out for us, plus some of the crew are not so open to tuition.
BUT: it does look like a fun and well co-ordinated holiday, for the one week we can actually all get together.

Who has been, who enjoyed and who was traumatised?
Thanks,

Strax
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Strax, I haven’t stayed in this particular CM (although friends have, their first CM holiday, and they loved it). I’ve stayed at other locations though, and would happily do so again. The lessons don’t have to be just tuition; there’s a large element of guiding for the more experienced and capable skiers. IME the instructor will take their group to areas of the domain that you otherwise might not see. The groups are - initially - self graded from a chart at the sign in desk. If the instructor feels someone isn’t suited to the group, they can suggest moving up or down, so as to keep similarly experienced people together and avoid hold ups or boredom. I would be VERY happy to go on another club med holiday (mind you, after not skiing for nearly: years, I’d be delighted to go on any ski holiday Very Happy ).
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Montan wrote:
@Strax, I haven’t stayed in this particular CM (although friends have, their first CM holiday, and they loved it). I’ve stayed at other locations though, and would happily do so again. The lessons don’t have to be just tuition; there’s a large element of guiding for the more experienced and capable skiers. IME the instructor will take their group to areas of the domain that you otherwise might not see. The groups are - initially - self graded from a chart at the sign in desk. If the instructor feels someone isn’t suited to the group, they can suggest moving up or down, so as to keep similarly experienced people together and avoid hold ups or boredom. I would be VERY happy to go on another club med holiday (mind you, after not skiing for nearly 3 years, I’d be delighted to go on any ski holiday Very Happy ).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What @Montan says...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thirded!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Awesome! thank you all...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We went as a family Xmas pre covid. To Les Arc Panorama.
Second day they gave top boarding group avalanche pack and did some basic training.
Rest of the trip was going to be searching for powder with some gentle hikes.

Unfortunately I got the Flu(or was it early covid) and didn’t get out on the mountain again.

One thing to note is they don’t mix skiers and boarders so you wouldn’t all be together and as noted above the 1st day is the instructor working out who should be in which group.

If you are not taking advantage of the lessons/guides I would possibly look at a chalet or hotel. We go club med for the ease with our 8yo and 11yo.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
had a great time there and the other club meds I've done, haven't used the instructors yet. If you like a drink you will save a fortune! there is a big dip between the hotel and drag lift which can be a bit of a pain (mrs got wiped out by a border whilst taking her skis off to walk up), looking at going again Feb half term (I know, but friends work in school)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have stayed at CM Arc Extreme pre covid, and am going back in Jan. Its not the newest, and even by French standards the rooms are small, but I found it to be a great stay.
Didnt take advantage of the lessons, but the food was good, the atmosphere was great, drink was flowing, even the night time ents was quite good fun.
Ski area is awesome, and if a storm sets in there is always the link down to Vila Roger for some floaty runs through the trees.
Would recommend.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy