Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bozel for the ski season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm renting a studio in Bozel for the winter season. Any tips/suggestions from any Bozel residents/regulars?

I'm doing a 10 week ski course, with a start point at 1850 every morning. I will have my car but would prefer to take the ski bus up the hill - apparently there is a bus stop on the edge of Bozel. I'm thinking of getting the bus to Le Praz and then jumping on the gondola up to 1850. Would this be recommended?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depends if you can make the start time surely? AIUI lots of instructors live in Bozel so it may even be possible to fix up a rideshare.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We visited for the day back in June on our summer holiday.

There's a bar called La Cave which used to be a shop I believe now being run by a really nice English lady that i'd recommend visiting. Her husband runs/works in the butchers so they were doing steak bbq's during the summer, and had lovely charcuterie. I think you'll find there's a number of Brit seasonaires/ex pats that hang around there.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Davidpem wrote:
I'm thinking of getting the bus to Le Praz and then jumping on the gondola up to 1850. Would this be recommended?

Good shout, that works well... and the gondola is very close to the bus stop
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bear in mind that whatever any blurb says, the run up the hill to le Praz will take at least 25 mins: 15 in the car, but longer on the bus. Way longer in the car if you can't pass the bus! But it's a good route- we did 2 weeks in Bozel in January, and drove up daily. There were 4 of us, so 4E a day each was cheap for great parking under the gondola.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Charliegolf wrote:
Bear in mind that whatever any blurb says, the run up the hill to le Praz will take at least 25 mins: 15 in the car, but longer on the bus. Way longer in the car if you can't pass the bus! But it's a good route- we did 2 weeks in Bozel in January, and drove up daily. There were 4 of us, so 4E a day each was cheap for great parking under the gondola.

All bets are off for this winter though as Alpinium parking is closed from 15 Jan to 25 Feb for the World Champs, and the low season bus timetable from Bozel has made no accommodation for this…
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
offpisteskiing wrote:

All bets are off for this winter though as Alpinium parking is closed from 15 Jan to 25 Feb for the World Champs, and the low season bus timetable from Bozel has made no accommodation for this…

Ouch!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Charliegolf wrote:
offpisteskiing wrote:

Ouch!

That’s the polite way of putting it…!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy