Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sunweb/Skiset ski hire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Booked a package with Sunweb for Les Arcs 2000, it includes free ski hire, albeit their lowest range. They've informed me that Skiset are their suppliers for ski hire.

The confusing bit is trying to work out how Sunweb's categories relate to Skiset's.

Sunweb have 4 categories (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Diamond)
Skiset have 5 (Economy, Evolution, Performance, Excellence, Premium)

I came across a Google review on one of these Skiset stores, where a Sunweb customer had upgraded from bronze to silver only to find out at Skiset that is beginner skis.

Haven't managed to get answers from either Sunweb or Skiset so wondered if anyone here knows?

Otherwise I'll just stick with bronze and pay extra when I get there.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd stick with this
Quote:
Otherwise I'll just stick with bronze and pay extra when I get there.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's not worth wasting time thinking about it until you're there: Sunweb can't know because Skiset don't care.

Once, when a group of ours used Skiset to book ahead, 3 people, who had booked 3 different 'levels' of ski were all given the same model of ski.
In an added twist of irony, the one who had paid the most, was given a set whose bindings were loose - and when I say loose, I mean, they were not screwed on to the skis properly!
Even in this circumstance, the shop would not give a refund as 'we have deal with the skiset office not him'. The Skiset office didn't want to know, of course, so the client claimed back the credit card payment.

Typically though, the shops are fine if you deal with them direct. It's just the Skiset central booking service that should be avoided: as they're 100% about driving sales (hence tie-ups like this with Sunweb) and 0% about the service.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You think I should book ski hire elsewhere then? There's other outlets in the resorts which have decent reviews and come recommended by snowheads. Not to mention I'll probably have to pay extra at skiset to upgrade to a decent set.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@viciousvulture, I have a holiday booked to Les Arcs 2000 - doing my research, I found that going direct to the shop (the one that Crystal uses ), was cheaper than both Crystal and Skiset ; but not cheaper than Alpinresorts (I don't see how they can do it so cheap, unless skis are of a lower standard....?)

https://www.intersport-arc2000.com/en/shop
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
albob wrote:
@viciousvulture, I have a holiday booked to Les Arcs 2000 - doing my research, I found that going direct to the shop (the one that Crystal uses ), was cheaper than both Crystal and Skiset ; but not cheaper than Alpinresorts (I don't see how they can do it so cheap, unless skis are of a lower standard....?)

https://www.intersport-arc2000.com/en/shop

Yes I noticed Alpinresorts did seem quite cheap. I don't have much knowledge of ski's but the suppliers often disclose a model which you can Google the price of. Alpinresorts seemed at the lower end whilst Skiset had some pretty pricey models. I think I'll just stick with the bronze, which for me is complimentary, and then work out the rest in resort - just hoping I don't get stung whilst there and it's just an incremental amount payable.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alpine resorts specify model
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy