Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grand Massif 2022-2023 Snow Report Flaine/Les Carroz/Morillon/Samöens/Sixt

Poster: A snowHead
*Snow Dance Activated*
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Freestyle, your ownersdirect link seems to be broken.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ster, thanks for the heads up - I’ll get that sorted.@ster,
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Freestyle, you got me excited that I would find some on the ground reports.... going out on 16th Dec and fingers very firmly crossed!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@NickyJ, Hopefully someone will be along soon to be our in resort reporters! Webcams looking nice and white and another covering tonight so….keep that snow dance going!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Freestyle, been watching them avidly.... any ideas why they can go for 1 or 2 weeks without being updated? Guess linked to fact resort isnt open yet, but still frustrating for me snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Glad to see this one open and I too will be watching. Haven't been out to GM since 2016, head out on 13th Jan for 8 days with 3 mates, looking forward to it and showing it to them as they have never been. Hoping the snow keeps on fallin'!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@dunc999, you are in fir a treat. Lots of improvements since 2016 and an upgraded Sairon for 2022/3 season. Excellent timing. Just add snow…
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dunc999 wrote:
Haven't been out to GM since 2016, head out on 13th Jan for 8 days with 3 mates, looking forward to it and showing it to them as they have never been. Hoping the snow keeps on fallin'!

Haven't been since 2017, and also coming on 13th Jan. Biggest group yet for me, there's 11 of us!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Freestyle, that's great to know, thank you!

@Leonard Smalls, see you on the slopes, where are you staying?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@dunc999, we'll be in Samoens... I'll be the one with the Line Blades and rockabilly Mohawk!

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 2-12-22 13:22; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
No news of early opening weekends yet (Flaine I'm looking at you) - looking at next week's weather with hope...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Do you think there will be enough snow for opening on 17th? Also does this tend to be a very busy day as 1st day of season?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Local F/B page suggesting snow is already good. People have been skinning up.
A busy (if it is) first day of season will be way better than anything over Christmas or half term.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've been in Flaine since Monday evening, leaving today. Today the DMC, Aup de Veran, Tetes de Verds and Grands Vans are running. Very few people on the pistes. Weather yesterday was pretty horrible, mixture of rain and wet snow at resort level, but today it's cloudy but no precipitation. I haven't had a chance to ski (I came out for meetings) but others I've spoken to say that the snow conditions are quite good higher up. I'm out again in January so hopefully there will be more snow falling in the next 3 weeks.
snow report
Looking at the radar over French alps I thought conditions would be great especially as we are having arctic conditions in Ireland for the last week. Out last week in February to Samoens so plenty of time for snow. Will be following this thread until then and stressing although we’ve never had a bad week in the grand massif.
snow report
@snowmam, we are flying out shortly.... that was definitely snow on resort level webcam yesterday. Fingerd are crossed!
latest report
we will be there at 31.Dec
Ok, first time (Winter) in FR....lets see what will come....

Do you know if there is something special for New Year? i saw this Elysium or how it is named...but didnt find something else...
snow conditions
I arrived in samoens last night and will be skiing tomorrow

Torrential rain all the way from Jura to samoens , so horribly some of that is snow up the moutain.

Had a about an inch of wet snow in the valley last night.
ski holidays
@Ghanny, horribly or hopefully? wink
snow report
First few runs and frankly best conditions I personally have had for quite a number of years. I am one happy bunny Smile
ski holidays
Misty in the valley but nice and clear at 1600. Lovely blue skies and nice and quiet.

Snow is lovely down to maybe 1800 metres. Bit scrapey and hard in parts after that but yeah fantastic morning so far.
ski holidays
Well that was fun. Stayed samoens side and everything in good condition. A few small thin parts at the top and some areas under 1800 a bit bobbly with the fake snow. But generally snow really good. V quiet.

Oh and electric car charger in village is broken till Tuesday if anyone needs that info.
latest report
Lovely day in Flaine today. Great weather, some patches of made snow on the reds, but otherwise great conditions for the first full day of the season.
ski holidays
great skiing from 2200m to 1200m on GM slopes today, cold and sunny.
ski holidays
skier52 wrote:
great skiing from 2200m to 1200m on GM slopes today, cold and sunny.

Any thoughts on how cover will hold up this week with expected high temps? TIA...
latest report
@Pasigal, much softer today in Les Carroz, was better as the icy marbles were missing. Top of gron chair was brown where you get of, and there are a few bareish patches eg down timalets, and the top of timalet just after restaurant was really soft, but often is there. Not busy at all, surprising as not all is open.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Tue 10-01-23 9:56; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Definitely much busier Flaine side that other areas. Noticing more patches starting to show a bit on some runs, but still better than a lot of times I have been and higher up snow still squeeky Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just adding a post so this shows up in "my threads", we're out in Jan and hopefully again in march as we bought season passes when they were cheap...
snow report
Getting very soft very quickly, only did Les Carroz and morillon, top of Tete des saix was stoney, busy and bumpy, and portet had a serious number of rocks sticking out. Other than that was a bit like late march early April, soft grippy snow, that was fun to ski on, just a bit brown and thin in places, am sure flaine will be better
ski holidays
Skied Morillon / Les Carroz Monday and it was decent, although busy in parts. Snow in Morillon was better than I expected except down very low. Skied Flaine today and the conditions deteriorated quickly throughout the afternoon. Lots of brown patches, small and large rocks popping up down low all around and up high on the crowded stuff like Serpentine. Faust was good up high but pretty rough down low. Mephisto Inferiore the only thing open on the right side of the bowl really. It's expected to cool off a bit and rain down in the valley this week, hopefully that means a bit of snow up high....
snow report
Well today's lovely - rain. I did not order rain. I will do a cafe report at the end of the day in between soggy runs. There are 4 of us snowHead families together this week in Flaine so am sure between the 17 of us we can do an actual snow report later Laughing
snow report
Lovely day yesterday Morillon / Les Carroz. Snow a lot better than I was expecting, soft and grippy as opposed to overly icy. Yes, some brown patches but they managed to keep Marvel open all the way to the bottom, which is pretty good. Other half really enjoyed Flaine the day before. Listening to the rain through the night I opted for a slow start, the teens will be happy as still zzzzzzzzzz. Think it might be a lunch in the village and book kind of day today, will see.
snow conditions
Only skied Les Carroz, and repeatedly did the same runs, So Plein Soleil was fun, very soft, but only down near the chair was brown in patches.
Then did combe and zorta alot, the latter was very thin in places, but combe was pretty good

Finally after 3 hours we were a bit wet so home down Combe, which is in miles better condition than timalets which has rocks sticking out and lots of brown patches.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 10-01-23 9:57; edited 1 time in total
snow report
It looks like a bit of snow is coming in up high starting Thursday night. Fingers crossed!
latest report
@coldrainsnow, it's going to be rain below 2200m, GM only goes up to 2500. Rained last night down in Les Carroz, looks rather murky outside
latest report
Quote:

@coldrainsnow, it's going to be rain below 2200m, GM only goes up to 2500. Rained last night down in Les Carroz, looks rather murky outside

Yeah, I know... just being hopeful haha. I live across the valley above Cluses and nothing but rain here too..... Sad
ski holidays
Just top of Morillon and Les Carroz. Overall very soft and lots of brown patches/rocks. Can't see the link run between the two staying open for long. Combe easily has the best snow and is the best way back down. If it rains as forecast its not looking good.

Raining quite hard now at 18.45 and the snow Infront of our place is vanishing as I look at it Sad
snow conditions
Shocked
ski holidays
Les Carroz, Morillon and Samoens all closed today due to heavy rain, Flaine has a few slopes open but below 1800m it’s raining. Worrying what will be left by tomorrow!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy