Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton v. Ischgl this weekend

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi! Does anyone know how many lifts / pistes open in St Anton on opening weekend / this Friday? Thinking about whether to do a trip this weekend here or Ischgl (a lot seems to be open already here!).
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
samendacott wrote:
Hi! Does anyone know how many lifts / pistes open in St Anton on opening weekend / this Friday? Thinking about whether to do a trip this weekend here or Ischgl (a lot seems to be open already here!).

Ischgl is usually the resort with most open early season in Austria, if not Europe, mainly due to most runs being above 2000 meters, and most north facing.

That said - Alberg have received a lot of snow - My early season bet in Austria is per default Ischgl (spent north of 30 weeks there).

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 27-11-23 17:56; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Some information here about what’s open, although it’s modelled data so take it with a pinch of salt.

https://www.skiresort.info/snow-reports/europe/sorted/open-slopes/
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@samendacott,

https://www.stantonamarlberg.com/en/events/winter/start-of-the-winterseason
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@samendacott, In the past Ischgl has been much more proactive in getting slopes open than the Arlberg. It would not be surprising if some key lifts such as Arlenmähder in St Anton remain closed for the first few days. Many of the best runs in the Arlberg are ski routes which will likely need more than one heavy fall to be in condition. Ischgl is likely to be the better choice for the amount of pistes available.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@samendacott, in the German Alpinforum a local employee of the Lech tourist office is expecting that a lot will be open, including Flexenbahn, which would mean that from St.Anton you can ski at least to Zürs.
Madloch (connection to Lech) will probably not be open.
Definitive list of open lifts is expected this Wednesday
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Both. One day at each.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Madloch will also open on December 1st.
Unique!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fixed my dilemma last week...I am skiing St Anton this Friday and Saturday, and Ischgl, Sunday and Monday. Although my new dilemma is should I junk the accommodation in Ischgl and stay longer in St Anton Puzzled
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for responses!

Yes looks like a lot of planned lifts for Lech and St Anton....

Slightly worried about the rain forecast now for Friday though...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
i will go to Arlberg for the weekend. Indeed i took the risk and book something since over a month ago, in order to find something not expensive.
If i had to choose, i would choose Arlberg.

The reason : Ischgl is almost every year in the same situation. The artifical snow system is superb, and almost every year the open many slopes.
But an opening in Arlberg like this which comes, it comes once in every five years i think. At least since 2006 and later.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@samendacott, Rain? More snow to come!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Am seeing rain at 2000m on Thursday / Friday on the forecasts which was my concern.

Reckon Sat and Sunday should still be good conditions in St. Anton / Lech?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@samendacott, you need to get another weatherforecast. It’s gonna get freezing cold this weekend.
And….looks like your problem is not a lack, but too much snow…would expect many closures now due to avalanche danger….And simply heavy snowfall….
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy