Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Delaminated ski: is it fixable or beyond repair?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, I have a damaged ski. It's a 165cm Atomic doubledeck 3.0 sl.

It has a delamination of about 25 cm, full width of the ski. Its between the titanium plate and the wood core. The wood core looks completely fine for what I can see. It is dry and clean inside the delam. The edges are stil solidly attached. I would guess that a good quality flexible epoxy that is resistant to cold temperatures could do the job if injected and clamped carefully. What is your thought. Help is much appreciated.
https://imgur.com/a/U5wdF5w
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ spyderjon to the batphone. He'll be able to tell you what epoxy and correct by best guess punt. I suspect the issue might be spreading the glop around in the cavity evenly to give you a decent fix rather than creating voids which might be further weakness but nothing ventured....

Oh and lotsa clamps.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Okay so it might be salvageable, that's at least encouraging to hear, right? I also have a suitable epoxy in my mind, but I will msg the man. To avoid creating voids, I think injecting the epoxy with a needle and syringe would be my best bet? Or are there other options?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dead skis Skullie
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Whaptidoo123, you'll need a way to inject (syringe might work, I guess). You'll also want to heat the epoxy to make it more runny - that'll make it easier to get it right into the repair. A hair drye, or heat gun on a low setting, works well for this.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Time for new skis
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
they are what, 6 years old?

new skis required ...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Should probably have said any viability after repair is a bit of a hail mary and probably a non starter if you're actually putting real gate racing forces through them.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yep, I'd be aiming to salvage to rock ski status, nothing more.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've posted this on a couple of other delam threads as it's worked for me using a strong 24hr epoxy (still using them as rock skis) - not sure if it's going to work under foot but worth a try
Quote:
get hold of some solid countersunk alu rivets like these Drill & countersink the top & bottom surfaces of the ski, insert the rivet, put the csk end on a flat "anvil" surface & pound the straight end so it flares out to fill the countersink on the other side - doesn't look pretty, but who cares Toofy Grin I've got some Salomon Sentinels which the tails delaminated badly but refuse to die snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy