Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What maintenance is needed for new Atomic S9s

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I just bought a brand new pair of Atomic S9s Servotech and is my first nice pair of skis. So am looking at doing all the correct ski maintenance to said skis, is there any good resources of full lists as I've seen some individuals saying that for skis straight from the factory you should sidewall plan it and work on the base, do people know if this needed for new Atomic skis?

Just in case context is needed, I've been skiing for 17 years and used to race Slalom + GS but now ski recreationally but very aggressive on the slope.

Thanks for any help.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you have very specific requirements then they may need work out of the wrapper but tbh it doesn't sound like you do.
They will be fine to ski out of the wrapper, it's ski test time for the UK industry this week and I can guarantee all the new product will be straight out the wrapper and only serviced after they've been put out on test and skied several times.
Why would a manufacturer sell a product that wasn't "finished" and needed work before use.
Would you drive off a forecourt in a brand new car and take it straight for a service and new tyres???
Someone will be along momentarily to disagree and tell you to plane the edges and hot box and etc etc etc but in my experience it's overkill.....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy