Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Servicing - Edinburgh

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have some Scott Punishers that I use in Glenshee / Glencoe and they need a bit of tlc.

I used Freeze Pro Shop in the past but they are sadly no more - cba schlepping them into Blues up town.

Anyone used Craigdon or anywhere else I can drive?

thanx
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I know the guys at Craigdon well and they're all passionate, experienced skiers and mountaineers who will look after you really well, I've not had any kit serviced but I know they're well-equipped workshops with experienced techs - I can't see you having anything but a good experience using them.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Andy, will pop up and give them a go.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Let me know what you find out. I am 5 mins from Craigdon and really fussy about the way my skis are setup (ex ski tech just don't have facilities/time/inclination any more). Freeze were great and managed to do a good job for a very fussy bug (me!)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's the Leith Tiso/Blues rather than the one in town that does the Ski servicing if that's any use to you? Scott is the guy who does the ski servicing there and he's very good. American guy, very keen and knows his stuff. Did a good job sorting out some delamination on mine last year. Not used Craigdon but heard good things
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Meltus, Ta, I am near the Meadows and with the whole Leith Walk being shut etc not sure I cba driving down there either !

Will prob pop them into Craigdon as its handier.........and report back after.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
GreenDay wrote:
I have some Scott Punishers that I use in Glenshee / Glencoe and they need a bit of tlc.
I used Freeze Pro Shop in the past but they are sadly no more - cba schlepping them into Blues up town.
Anyone used Craigdon or anywhere else I can drive?
thanx

Another thumbs up for Craigdon.
Good shop (literally live 5 minutes away).
The guys in ski department know what they are talking about.

Also : Alpine Imports (Malcolm McKee) has a small unit on biggar road at bottom of hillend that most folk wont know about.
He mainly sells race kit for LSR kids on the plastic (Dynastar & Lange).
Also does a little boot fitting and ski tuning.

https://alpine-imports.myshopify.com/
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Haggis_Trap wrote:

Another thumbs up for Craigdon.
Good shop (literally live 5 minutes away).
The guys in ski department know what they are talking about.

Dropped them off earlier, spent a bit of time chatting to them - good guys.........and didnt try to oversell the service needed. Spent some time salivating at the new Scott Missions, not sure I can justify it tho !
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I’d mention ‘snowsports services’ on rodney street (near cannonmills) really pleased with their service and price! think they do a lot of servicing for people using/ racing at hillend.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just to update on this one, I picked these up a week or so ago (forgot I had started the thread.......... rolling eyes ) and as you guys predicted, Craigdon did a very good job, I now have nice sharp edges and actual wax on the base !

Good to see the first falls of snow, long may it continue, cant wait to get back up to Shee / Coe as soon as poss Very Happy

I picked them up last Saturday and they were doing a roaring trade in boots - the chap I spoke to said they had been waiting on the delivery and everything arrived at once !
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just to update on this, I used the serviced skis at Glencoe on Monday.

They had done a great job, fantastic edges, they worked an absolute treat, night and day from before.

Thumbs up for CraigDon.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A little off topic I know, but would be v grateful for any suggestions for servicing in North West England (Cheshire/Staffs/Derbyshire). Need a proper base-grind I think...
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Rivington Alpine at Adlington just off the M61 at Bolton or Chorley. Full workshop including belt grinder and stone grinder. All done on site, usually 7 day turnaround in winter
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy