Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pyrenees 22/23

Poster: A snowHead
We had about 5cm overnight where I work which is more than we had at home (same height but about 10km north of work). I'm looking over in the direction of La Massana and there's no snow in the trees so it seems it didn't make it's way to that valley.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@luigi, Just thinking about equipment hire and any extras - it might be worth asking ATS about those too. They might get preferential rates. A lot of people swear by the lunch vouchers they package with lift passes. I think it gives a limited choice of what you can order and you would be slightly more limited with where you can stop, but considering nearly every stop is owned by the lift company and the menus are generally quite limited anyway...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cambre d’Aze finally have a black open and have now opened all runs on the run board apart from the 2 blacks into the Centre bowl that always seem to need a lot of snow to open. The Coulee de Font Frede (that long unpisted red in between Eyne and St Pierre seems to have disappeared off the piste board completely since the creation of the Trio Pyrenees site, not sure if they have abandoned it to be off piste only?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arcalis was excellent yesterday. Off-piste was technical. Good mix between soft snow, crust with hard pack underneath, and some serious moguls. Light dusting of snow last night probably even made it better today. Unfortunately for me I could go two days in a row.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bareges and La Mongie currently have good conditions for piste skiers, ie firm snow, with some loose covering snow. Not quite hard pack. Early morning, there are 'salt lick' zones in front of snow cannons, i.e. compacted manufactured snow. As a snowboarder id prefer it a bit softer, but even i couldnt really complain about the conditions. I was able to whizz around quite happily. There was one red in Bareges that had neen mogulled so much the undergrowth was poking through in the low bits, and people were still using it. The red next to it was perfect, but was closed at 10am onwards for a race.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@hammerite, yes, they do a package with equipment and lunch vouchers, seems well priced.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think the Andorra weather service are playing with us wink

Their Catalan saying for the day is 'Sol de febrer mai dura un dia sencer' 'February sun never lasts a whole day'...

...and then they go and give us over a week of unremitting sunshine and mild temps in the forecast!! Cool Laughing

http://meteo.ad/previsio

Bergfex are throwing in some cloud towards the end of next week with the smallest chance of precipitation, so worth keeping an eye on that

https://www.bergfex.com/grandvalira/wetter/prognose/
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@luigi, last season was wall to wall sunshine all January and February so that saying is rubbish! Depending on which forecast you look, there’s the possibility of some action on Thursday/Friday.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Great day at Arcalis mainly skiing the freeride areas. A bit crusty in the morning first thing but softened up nicely as the day went on.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Grandvalira today. It was fine, but not brilliant. Just had to keep an eye out for any scraped patches.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It seems that some of the fresh snow has melted away rather rapidly on the cams Confused I suspect just temp related or was not enough to form a base. Here's hoping it hangs on just long enough for when I'm out to the Pyrenees from 19th-26th.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
In Panticosa today. Blasting hot sunshine hitting 8 degrees at 1800m but snow was fine - firm but not hard - all day right down to town. Orientation is everything with exposed, South facing stripped while lots even low down if sheltered (Balneario cross country looks idyllic).

However, patches at side in main basin and expect a fair amount of deterioration through week given temp staying high and peaking very high next weekend with no new stuff in forecast. Will need something new in near future.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Something bubbling away in 10 days+ time but that's not particularly reliable.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Last 3 days in Andorra...

It's been pretty mild and sunny.

Best snow was in Arcalís on Monday, least busy too. Gem of a ski area in its remote high alpine setting.

Arinsal on Tuesday was packed with Brit families and school groups on HT lower down and higher was hard packed. Over at Pal the runs were pretty good, esp where they had softened a bit.

Today Wednesday at Grandvalira. First lift queues encountered. Snow was pretty good in most places. Some scraped patches later on due to heavy traffic. Pastora run from Pas to Grau Roig without snowmaking was wearing thin in places and sunny connecting pistes were suffering in the afternoon sun.

Needs another good dump really, but I enjoyed the sunny mild conditions, perfect piste skiing weather Cool
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@luigi, glad you had a good time. Pastora has hardly been open this season. In fact people in Pas were complaining only on Tuesday that it wasn’t open so that they were stuck in Pas (not confident to try the reds down).
snow conditions
Look like it's going to be mild and sunny for most of the week I am in the Pyrenees for (Sunday to Sunday) not sure how much longer the snow is going to hold out for but at least a temporarily forecast spell of rain has disappeared! Def not going to be off piste heaven but at least I get to spend plenty of time with my children as they learn to ski while piste skiing without feeling I am missing out on anything!
snow report
No worries. I'm be outside of Andorra in the week where Feb crosses into March. It is bound to snow that week. Same thing happened in January when I was not there. I tell you - it is a conspiracy!

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 16-02-23 20:26; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/3041563

A bit far out yet and I know it's for ALV but from Friday 24th it's forecasting snow everyday up to and including wed 1st march. Also that BBC forecast has always been reliable from what I've seen
snow report
@Dr. Will, That's a perfect description of my week here in Aragón. Some off piste crud giving a technical challenge high up if that floats your boat but simply enjoying the nicely groomed reds in the deep blue sunshine can be a perfect half term recipe. Has been a bit cooler last 3 days than had been forecast so snow hasn't depleted as much as a expected.
ski holidays
Now saying chance of some snow from next Wednesday in Andorra.

Although this time yesterday it was forecasting wall-to-wall sunshine so perhaps it will revert back by this time tomorrow!
latest report
@alicolthurst, @Maort, looking back at the past 5-6 gfs runs, they’ve been consistently shown something happening Weds/Thurs. possibility that it might be a touch to warm to fall as snow to village level but should fall as snow a bit further up (fingers crossed). Beyond that, it looks to be cooling down a bit with the possibility (fingers crossed again!) of something decent happening at the end of the month when @ysb33r, is out of Andorra! Very Happy

That said I’ll be back at work by then and back to weekend skiing.

Still, Fatboy Slim at L’Abarset tonight.
ski holidays
hammerite wrote:
@luigi, glad you had a good time. Pastora has hardly been open this season. In fact people in Pas were complaining only on Tuesday that it wasn’t open so that they were stuck in Pas (not confident to try the reds down).

I had my daughter with me who is only on her 4th week, so we were sticking to blue where we could. It was possible for an early intermediate to get around the whole GV ski area mostly on blue.
The top of Pastora said closed and was roped off, but you could still get to it further down via the Porta run. There was quite a bit of snow off to the side that they could have used to repair the patches where the grass was showing through.
snow report
hammerite wrote:

Seriously? Damn, I just thought it was your average bar with shots and loud beats.
ski holidays
Orange200 wrote:
hammerite wrote:

Seriously? Damn, I just thought it was your average bar with shots and loud beats.

It is usually. Every so often they have known DJs there. They had 2manyDJs/Soulwax at the beginning of the season.
latest report
Yep def precipitation on the horizon but really hope it doesn't fall as rain!
ski holidays
Hope no one minds me slightly hijacking the thread - you seem a friendly bunch! But it it’s a snowy/bad vis day in Grandvalira is there a particular area that’s usually better for visibility?

Would Pal-Arsinal or Arcalis be worth a day trip in snowy conditions? (Or even sunny conditions? Little Angel )
ski holidays
Pal is good in the snow. Pretty tree lined. In Grandvalira, any runs between the mid and base stations in Canillo, El Tarter and Soldeu have trees. Anything above the mid stations is fairly open.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Tue 21-02-23 10:51; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Semi dump forecasted a week away from today in Grandvalira - will wait closer to the 26th for more accurate forecasts until I book anything. Will echo prev poster, hope it doesn't turn into rain.

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I think a decent amount over the next few days too, albeit I think its focused on more Eastern resorts
snow conditions
@battlecat, depending what forecast you look at there might be a decent amount of snow in a couple of days. I’m hoping this happens…
https://www.meteoblue.com/es/tiempo/semana/soldeu_mundo_3038999?day=2

I skied Grandvalira on Sunday and Arinsal yesterday. Warm both days. There’s a decent amount of snow gone over the last week. Yesterday afternoon Arinsal was beginning to look quite grey in places so the top up in a day or two will be welcome.
ski holidays
@battlecat, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow report
Headed to la Molina next week, bergfex has snow until then

Snowforecast has snow all while I'm there

Surely I can't lose with this each way bet!
latest report
Been snowing on and off all day at times heavily. There’s probably been 3-4cm. Thankfully, it’s not been too windy either although the wind is forecast to come tomorrow.

It’s currently snowing heavily to about 1,600m. Fingers crossed this keeps up.
ski holidays
I’d say around 25-30cm have fallen in grandvalira since Tuesday evening. Still snowing too!
ski holidays
Is it Spanish holidays at the moment, much bigger queues than I'm used to seeing on the webcams this morning
snow report
Best days of the season for me yesterday and today. Snow off piste between ankle and thigh deep. On piste it got very mogully as the day went on today but just a lot of fun.

@8611, no. The Spanish don’t tend to have half term holidays. It’s some French regions and Andorran half term though along with most of Europe (Carnival). Queues were non existent yesterday but today they were huge for the Funicamp and in Pas this morning. That was because none of those lifts opened until a bit later due to the snow overnight. The Pic Blanc lift at Grau Roig seems to be out of order too so I think that’s having a knock on. It was pretty busy everywhere all day though. Probably the busiest day of the week.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 24-02-23 22:21; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Echo the above. Best day of the season according to the lift guy. But very busy. The lift back to Pas took 40 minutes this afternoon. Can’t complain though!

One of those ‘all time’ days when you got off to the side away from the crowds and through the trees!
snow report
@8611 Toulouse, Montpellier and Perpignan are currently on half term, so it's the middle weekend of high season in the Pyrenees.
snow report
hammerite wrote:
Best days of the season for me yesterday and today. Snow off piste between ankle and thigh deep. On piste it got very mogully as the day went on today but just a lot of fun.

@8611, no. The Spanish don’t tend to have half term holidays. It’s some French regions and Andorran half term though along with most of Europe (Carnival). Queues were non existent yesterday but today they were huge for the Funicamp and in Pas this morning. That was because none of those lifts opened until a bit later due to the snow overnight. The Pic Blanc lift at Grau Roig seems to be out of order too so I think that’s having a knock on. It was pretty busy everywhere all day though. Probably the busiest day of the week.

Good to hear the much needed snow arrived. snowHead

I don't envy the queues and crowds though! Shocked
snow report
@luigi, there were queues, but they weren’t actually too bad they were just bad compared to what I’m used to in Andorra! I’ve been in much worse. Yesterday, ended up being a no queue day strangely!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy