Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d’Huez, Oz, Vaujany, Auris, Villard 2022/23

Poster: A snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@MoodyFFS, SATA(lift company).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Alpinebear, cool! Can’t get much more on the ground (snow) than that!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Currently snowing and another 30cm due.

Last time there was snow, it seemed significant but didn’t seem to move the depth listings? I wonder if it will this time out.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just what is needed before the weekend. I’ll have to wait till tomorrow to see what conditions are like.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Any idea when additional lifts and pistes are due to open? Seems like the snow is there and it's just a financial consideration? Heading there on Dec 21, hoping for a bigger open by then...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Limited opening really for the first couple of weeks plus the lack of snow on some of the lower slopes. I think Vaujany suffered a bit more than the rest.
For example in Auris the Marrone and the Lombards lifts open from this Saturday along with the new Sûres lift.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Coming to Club med Alpe Dhuez on Sunday. Snow looking good for then?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes, I’m there now, lots of snow higher up but not accessible as bad visibility. Wet snow below 2000m but looks like the sun comes out at the weekend. Will be fantastic on the Sarenne by then.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Duck, at club med? Any good?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Heading out to App d'Huez for the first snowboarding I've been able to do since covid. Seems the temperature is due to pick up considerably next week. Anyone experienced in the resort know if its even going to be rideable? Feeling pretty down heartened.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Krampus, it will be awesome! 190cm up top and 60cm at resort level. Day time highs of 6 degrees is not gunna change that!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@MoodyFFS Ah man, you just put a smile on my face with that! Not too experienced so was half expecting to show up to no snow or just melted slush haha. Can't wait Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Krampus, I’ve turned up to resorts without snow… rhat ain’t happening in AdH next week. Might not be fully open but should be plenty to ride upon!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just back today. They were setting up the moguls World Cup track on Signal for this weekend. We had a look inside the broadcast truck which was awesome. Piste conditions are very good for the time of year. You will have a blast.
snow report
Forecast is for snow from 1800m and 2000m.
20 -30cm due and getting colder.

Looking out to FI 23/24 Dec could there be a snow event over the weekend!?
ski holidays
Snowing very heavily now. Should set the resort up for a great full opening this weekend.
latest report
We are headed out on Saturday, excited! Toofy Grin
snow report
@Krampus, told you you’d be fine! Have an awesome trip!
ski holidays
@pwharman, have a great trip! Plenty still falling!
snow report
@MoodyFFS Yes! Just arrived, looks great from what I can tell! Can't wait Very Happy
snow conditions
Starting to pack today to come out at the weekend; getting excited Very Happy but wondered what the conditions are like around AdH now?
latest report
We are arriving Saturday too. Getting nervous by reports of high temps next week. Hoping it cools down lower than forecast.
snow report
Bit cruddy and rainy today but what I've heard it's going to cool down over the weekend. Definitely had fun over the valley today. Slushy but quiet... Which I enjoyed. Walked across the romans and they do a good job grooming.... So at worst you'll get a bit hard snow. Plenty of snow though.
ski holidays
Around 2100 meters at l'Alpe today. Take a wetsuit.

ski holidays
Oh my goodness. Looks wet! And no fresh snow forecast, and temps due to be high for a few days. Eek!
latest report
Patchy down lower, especially on some of the side routes to the airport side, but higher up was fine and it was a lovely blue sky day.
snow report
More patchy now, still no sign of more snow, and gently raining outside Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@HeMan, is it patchy basically below 2,500m or is it patchy above that too?
snow report
It was pretty good higher up today. We went to 3300m first thing and conditions were beautiful. However after lunch we were lower and it was pretty slushy and some bald patches.

Still. Way better than we expected so can’t complain. And could be worse. We could be in Morzine or somewhere!
ski holidays
@Stinkpickle, glad to hear you are still able to enjoy it, even if conditions are far from perfect.

Is Sarennes open all the way?
latest report
Yes, serene is open all the way, although not done it yet so can't say what that last section is like!

Snow is fine up top, but so much is looking a bit tatty further down. Like Signal, which overlooks the town, is looking a tad brown.
snow report
I wanted to add a photo off my phone but can’t work out how to. Must be old age but yes sarennes was open all the way down and was perfect conditions at 9:45am this morning.

It’s just closer to 1800 where it is looking tired.
snow report
@Stinkpickle, upload to https://imgbb.com/ then it’ll give you a code to insert Smile
snow conditions
[img]https://ibb.co/7Vqq7Yx[/img]

The Sarenne yesterday morning
snow report

Code:
 [url=https://ibb.co/7Vqq7Yx][img]https://i.ibb.co/7Vqq7Yx/DCDF8449-9618-45-B8-A257-6-E3-FF42-B1-F2-B.jpg[/img][/url]
latest report
@Stinkpickle, awesome. Thanks for sharing!
snow report
Busy, busy today! Quite a lot of queueing at all lifts. But a light dusting of snow overnight made the higher slopes quite nice and the bright blue skies helped. Lower down there was a narrow band, probably at around 2,000m, where it got quite icy but as you passed that getting lower it then went soft again, but never slushy really.
snow report
HeMan wrote:
Busy, busy today! Quite a lot of queueing at all lifts. But a light dusting of snow overnight made the higher slopes quite nice and the bright blue skies helped. Lower down there was a narrow band, probably at around 2,000m, where it got quite icy but as you passed that getting lower it then went soft again, but never slushy really.

I guess you are getting all the Grenoblois coming up because this is what the pistes are like around our way. I've heard places like Flaine and Avoriaz are chaos.

snow report
A new dusting on snow in alpe Dhuez today then brightening up to become a beautiful day. Queues far less than the last few days. Still icy if you drop down lower than about 1800m but lovely higher.

Looks like more snow (or rain?) tomorrow and lower visibility.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy