Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d’Huez, Oz, Vaujany, Auris, Villard 2022/23

Poster: A snowHead
@Joshsnowfiend, most of the blues in the main bowl are fairly benign. Start with those under the Romains chair (and the greens!).

At Montfrais / Vaujany: the main blue under the Clos Giraud lift down to the top of the Montfrais gondola should be fine. Some of the other blues are a bit steeper but you can suss most of them out from the lifts. Edelweiss from the Vallonet chair is quite steep.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For me Jeux is the best blue, great consistent gradient for practicing turns. It was perfect today. Chez Roger is not so consistent but it is fun. Marcel’s is very easy and is seldom icy. If you don’t mind bumps, higher up Couloir is nice and long. But as the day progresses it can get mogully, in the top section and just above the mid station of the DMC.

In my opinion Montfrais is great for intermediates, but getting there might be a bit tricky depending on how timid you meant, though you can just use the cable cars down as well as up. There is a bit of a walk through Oz, but it’s not too bad. From Alpette, Les Chalets and Les Travers form a single long blue slope all the way down to Montfrais. No steep bits, a couple of schuss and lovely scenery amongst the trees. Then either back to the top on Clos Giraud, or use the Montfrais chair to try some other runs. Les Cascades is the easiest, Myrtilles is a lovely slope, steeper but wide and consistent.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Agree with the above - I had lunch at montfrais today. Our walkers go there entirely by lift - apart from 200m through Oz. One of our skiers took that route back getting out at the top of DMC1 has he was knackered.

The blue from Alpette to Montfrais was superb again today, worth heading over just for that as somewhere different.

I did a couple of laps of the Sarenne this morning before a midday stop at le Cabanne and getting carried away on their IPA - then realising I had lunch booked in Montfrias in 40 mins! That was a bit of dash. I had 9 mins to not be late from the top of DMC2. Just about made it but killed my legs after a couple of loops of Le Sarenne! Luckily lunch went on a bit and by the time I left it was a blast back with a couple of late runs on Jeux (excellent snow!) and a quick IPA in Plage de Neige alongside (and booking a table for lunch friday!)

2 more days then my ski season is over... Mid Jan for the next trip!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank all of you for your guidance and encouragement. Our family is absolutely loving adh/vauj/oz!!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hey Joshsnowfiend - sorry we didn't manage to bump in to each other!

Hope you had a fantastic time? Probably the least snow and worst weather ADH has seen this time of year for ages!

My group has booked again for 2024 from 2/3 for 2 weeks - 50 weeks and counting!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thinking of dropping by Oz/AdH for the first April weekend, solo skiing. Silly idea given the current snow conditions, or may be worth it? I reckon all the way up top will still be excellent skiing, and I remembered last year's April dump.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ciderinsport we had the best time! My boys enjoyed the whole mountain top to bototm and loved it. My wife had a significant breakthrough on the beginner terrain and we hope to be back next year. The instruction out of vaujany was excellent as was out instructor out of adh. An excellent experience. Thank you and have a great summer!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
samr96 wrote:
Thinking of dropping by Oz/AdH for the first April weekend, solo skiing. Silly idea given the current snow conditions, or may be worth it? I reckon all the way up top will still be excellent skiing, and I remembered last year's April dump.

The snow conditions have been remarkably good considering. I feel that we are teetering on the brink though. With each weather event that has a lpn of 1700m or lower, the bottom runs to Vaujany and Oz are getting progressively worse, same for the lower AdH ones too. If I were you I’d wait until next weekend, see what damage this weeks weather does. I’ll be here and will try to remember to post.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Petere wrote:
samr96 wrote:

The snow conditions have been remarkably good considering. I feel that we are teetering on the brink though. With each weather event that has a lpn of 1700m or lower, the bottom runs to Vaujany and Oz are getting progressively worse, same for the lower AdH ones too. If I were you I’d wait until next weekend, see what damage this weeks weather does. I’ll be here and will try to remember to post.

Thanks a lot, that's encouraging. I will need to make my decision by Saturday 25th, will be keeping a close eye on the weather over the week.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
was pretty excellent everywhere todat
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Franz is right, yesterday was excellent but exhausting. I took the day off! The forecast for the weekend is interesting, snow down to the village here 1250m seems likely, with over 30cms higher up.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
That’s me for the season, Tuesday was fabulous, more like the end of Jan than the end of March. Yesterday ok above 2000m, tragic below. Today was as sticky as I can remember, rain forecast tomorrow so we’re off home. A weird month, one day fabulous the next not so much. Seemed like April some days, then deep midwinter the next. All in all good fun had, no injuries sustained, looking forward to the summer now, sticky tarmac and dusty trails.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Good decision as lots closed today because of the stormy weather.

Snow level down to 1400m with around 20 cm forecast for tomorrow.

Looks like the correct decision to close the station on the 16th April.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
samr96 wrote:

Thought I'd follow up - I did go ahead with this. A day to forget on Friday 31st, but two of the most magical ski days I've had in some time on April 1st and 2nd. On the 2nd, even some of the lower runs were fantastic till late afternoon, Alpette and Signal being favourites. Even got in a tunnel run. Hope others managed to get out and enjoy the fresh snow and sunshine!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Alpe d'Huez is closing this saturday, a week earlier than announced to limit energy costs.

https://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr/auvergne-rhone-alpes/isere/video-malgre-la-neige-fraiche-la-station-de-ski-de-l-alpe-d-huez-ferme-en-avance-pour-faire-des-economies-d-energie-2755118.html?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1681724326
ski holidays
Interesting article. they say energy costs have gone from 2 to 20 million euros. I remember my son saying his university's energy bill had gone up by a similar amount this year. My parents in law had a similar issue in Grenoble and the central heating was turned off this winter ! People were told to heat their own appartments.

The issue is between commercial contracts where there is no price limit and individual residential contracts. Lots of copros have been caught out this year.
snow conditions
Another winter season comes to an end.
For the ski company could have been better but arrival figures were not bad overall.

Electricity costs have been very expensive and think that might reflect in ski pass prices next year.

Provisional opening dates for next year are 2/12 to 21/4.

Looks like Oz & Vaujany will be moving over to SATA which should be a good thing for the management of the whole area.

No new lifts planned this summer.

Tomorrowland will be happening again next March.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy