Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d’Huez, Oz, Vaujany, Auris, Villard 2022/23

Poster: A snowHead
For anyone heading out here. The pistes are in good condition and it is cold at times, but then burning in the sun (Classic AdH weather).
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@shrew, I would imagine all but not sure of the Oz and Vaujany area.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks. (I'm never quite sure whether the whole domain is run by one team or separate ones!)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I come on Saturday - very excited
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Any update on snow condition in montfrais, Vaujany oz area?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Got back from ADH on Sat 11th Feb.
We had a quite wonderful week with 7 classic bluebird days of varying temperatures, mainly cold enough to keep the snow in good order.
ADH, Auris and Oz were in ok nick - Villards was bare as hell after half way down Villarais blue. Right down to Vauj was also struggling.
But by Friday it was becoming clear that a good half a metre or more is desperately needed everywhere except up on Pic Blanc.
Bare patches and icy patches were becoming more prevalent as the week wore on.
Fingers crossed something happens as this coming week looks warmer and has the big footfall to contend with.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh boy. Glad to hear you had a nice trip. I'm boy headed there until March 11, hoping the alpes gets some big storms beforehand. Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have been to ADH that week and had great conditions inc a couple of big midweek dumps - so fingers crossed
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fingers crossed!!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looks like there will be no new snow for next two weeks. Hoping it will be passable when I'm out there Eh oh!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm heading out next weekend.

Any updates on conditions this week and tips of where to find the best snow?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ciderinsport wrote:
I'm heading out next weekend.

Any tips of where to find the best snow?

l'Alpe d'Huez today

erm, les 2 alpes maybe?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wow that looks pretty bleak. Can't see how the season will continue into April at this rate
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It is not ideal for February but a bit of snow would improve things while there is snow on the slopes
ski holidays
seems a lot of snow forecast for next week.
ski holidays
@davidof, blimey - which lift is that?!
snow report
Looks like the one at the end of Sarenne. Chalvet.
latest report
Looks like the new(ish) Chalvet lift going up from the valley at the very bottom of the Sarenne, but I could be wrong. The rest of the resort has much better coverage if you look at the webcams.
latest report
Agreed. About the snow next week. It's took early to have any real indication. An Sim headed there thr following week.
snow report
HeMan wrote:
Looks like the one at the end of Sarenne. Chalvet.

Yes, you are correct.
snow report
shrew wrote:
Looks like the new(ish) Chalvet lift going up from the valley at the very bottom of the Sarenne, but I could be wrong. The rest of the resort has much better coverage if you look at the webcams.

That's it, never great at the end of season.
snow report
Currently, it looks like ADH is going to get a week of precipitation next week that could dump about 50cm on the place - fingers crossed that it happens, and that the easterly coming in pops down more than anticipated
snow conditions
Keeping fingers crossed. Apparently, it's changed a bit for the worse. In any event, any amount of snow would help.
snow report
Back in Vaujany for the month. Bergfex currently forecasting 50cm down to 1700m. That would be very handy, looking a bit sparse out there.
ski holidays
Pls keep us posted and enjoy!!
ski holidays
Arrived today, the best way to describe the view from the window.........

Untill it snows, long lunches will be what we do.

So, fingers crossed for a decent dump midweek. I'm here for 2 weeks so hopefully get some some good snow for a week!

If not, I'm not at work and in the mountains. I (almost) couldn't be happier Very Happy

Oh, and the hire shop didn't want to give me the ski's I asked for as they are new! Not surprising but they will if the snow comes. Got some Atomic Redster G9's that have obviously done a few weeks to start with. Just a comment, not a complaint. I wouldn't want to trash a new set of hire skis!
snow report
Hahhaha makes sense re the skis.
Hoping you get snow asap. For your and my sake.

Keep us posted pls!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lovely day today, good snow up
high, increasingly slushy below 2000m as the day went on.
snow report
Makes sense. We are so excited. Pls keep us posted and enjoy the hell out of your holiday!
snow report
Petere wrote:
Lovely day today, good snow up
high, increasingly slushy below 2000m as the day went on.

The group I'm with had a relaxed morning so while waiting for them I got my legs going on the lower slopes. It was actually ok!

After a long lunch in the sun I called it a day. My legs were slightly tired and need to survive 2 weeks.

Tomorrow we are heading higher Very Happy
snow report
Enjoy!

Keep the info coming.....
snow report
davidof wrote:
shrew wrote:

Has that replaced the rickety old two-man chair that goes back into AdH?
latest report
Another fun, warm and sunny day.

Didn't venture out too quickly but once out kept going till 2.30 (apart for a quick drink stop). Then a nice long lunch in the sun before a couple of runs back.

The pistes were once again in good condition considering. Hard packed with a little powder build up at the sides. I mainly skied there Laughing

Coming back about 4.30 Les Jeux was a mess. Very slushy and lumpy with people struggling and laying down everywhere. The only bit I didn't enjoy today.

Favourite of the day was the red from the top of Marmottes 2. It was hard packed and quiet! Did it a couple of times Very Happy

The coming snow will change the holiday (hopefully!)
snow conditions
A view of the piste back to Auris village. Will it still be there after Saturday Puzzled

snow conditions
rainman wrote:
davidof wrote:
shrew wrote:

Has that replaced the rickety old two-man chair that goes back into AdH?

Yes, that’s correct. It is apparently the old
Marmotte 1 chair, relocated to a point about 400m up the valley from the Combe Haute restaurant that the old two man was adjacent to. I am told that the slope to the right of the lift line used to be marked on piste maps as Les Mines, and that there is a plan to install snow making on it. Think it might need refrigeration and sun shades too.
snow conditions
It's snowing!
ski holidays
Real snow!
latest report
FranzKlammer wrote:
Real snow!

Absolutely! There was some real excitement in the Spar from the staff just now!
latest report
Yes even snowing down here in Vaujany (1250m)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy