Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Portes du Soleil 2022/2023 - Avoriaz/Morzine/Les Gets/Chatel/Swiss Side etc.

Poster: A snowHead
@shep, FIFY SadGets Smile

Ski-Morzine mails dropped on Friday.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
klanfa wrote:
andy from embsay wrote:
@klanfa, you might be lucky, though i think you might have to get the €649 one in the flash sale on 6(?) April.

I dropped them an email last night and was told they had IT issues so not all emails were delivered. They plan to send out a new batch next week and I am supposed to receive it as well.

Châtel are offering U26 passes at the pre-season discounted rate until 30 September:

ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks though as I said, I'm sadly no longer eligible so looking to jump on private/pre-sale offer.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@klanfa, have you had a code now? I’ve just had another email with three codes on - I bought an adult one (me) and two for my kids last year (20 and 22) - I wonder if the other two are in case they’ve turned 26 (they haven’t, so will stick with boarder passes).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nothing in my inbox yet. Still holding out until next week and the start of the sale, will update here if something changes.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Guys, snow update from the region if anyone is there?

Heading out for the week before Easter and as ever, wouldn't mind knowing how things are...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Harry Flashman, Pistes were great at the weekend. On Saturday we did a mini-circuit from Gabelou lift via Linga, Plaine Dranse, Lindarets, Prolays, Crosets, Mossette, Champoussin and back to Morgins. Couple of the south-facing slopes on the Swiss side were suffering just a little, big but very soft moguls on one bit (that were bashed down by the next morning) and a few slightly brownish areas, but still plenty of snow, no rocks showing through, sort of thing. A little bit more snow Sunday afternoon/night should have been enough to keep them good still. ISTR someone posted in this thread that Super Châtel had been pretty good as well.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The forecast temps this weekend seem to have dropped a bit now too - snowline was forecast to be 1900m+, latest runs have it a bit lower down. Fingers crossed - out Friday for a long weekend.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks folks!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Has any of the 22/23 Adult season pass holders received their discount codes for the pre sale from SERMA yet? I’ve not seen mine yet.
I’ve had the notification email of codes to follow but no codes yet?
Concerned they might have been in spam folder and I’ve deleted them?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The code was right at the bottom of the email.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
No I haven't received any codes from SERMA either and they weren't at the bottom of the email.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Had email with codes from Domaine Skiable de Morzine
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@andy from embsay, @doddsie,

Yeah could not see any codes on tye initial SERMA email.

I’m sure they will follow (fingers crossed)
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@247snowman wrote:
@andy from embsay, @doddsie,

Yeah could not see any codes on tye initial SERMA email.

I’m sure they will follow (fingers crossed)

The mail I received says the codes will be issued next week on 28th.

Bob
latest report
@Ardoyne,
Cheers
latest report
Anyway - back to weather: this weekend is looking increasingly like there’s going to be some fairly significant precipitation, possibly snow to quite low levels. Any thoughts as to how low and how much from our resident meteorologists?

I’m out tomorrow for a long weekend then my daughters are out next weekend til after easter so a decent top up above 1400m or so would be most welcome!
ski holidays
@andy from embsay, I reckon, by the end of Monday, ~50cm above 2,000m, maybe 30cm at 1400m, a few cm at 1,000m.

Friday is quite warm - may only be a net gain at / around Avoriaz level by this stage. Sunday into Monday is the main event, again starting warm but temperatures dropping.

As you say, should be a good top-up for any piste that is already open above 1400m or so.

I'll be interested to see how much actually sticks lower down and / or on bare ground.
latest report
@denfinella, the wee top up a week or two ago made a big difference in the Super M sector and allowed them to keep the downward link (Tetras) open by the skin of their teeth and avoid downloading on Zore. Hopefully this will see them through until easter.
snow report
@andy from embsay, really , tetras was closed Tuesday and downloads were happening on zore, did it get reopened then as we went up by prodains on Wednesday ?
snow conditions
Phew. Sagets email dropped yesterday snowHead
snow report
@bigtoe, not sure as I’ve not been around this week, but the week before they were just reopening Tetras for a couple of hours in the afternoon to let people ski back to Super M. There’s still (from the Zore webcam) a wee bit more snow around than there was the first week of March (Tetras was about 20’ wide and brown in parts) so had assumed they’d done the same process and preserved it through the day and just reopened about 1500.
ski holidays
andy from embsay wrote:
Anyway, just so we can turn our thoughts to next season, it seems Chatel have emailed today (so I assume the other companies will soon) to say that folk with season passes can renew them in an exclusive advance sale from 30/3 until 15/4. Then the usual flash sale kicks in for new buyers.

How much?
ski holidays
Renewal is €570, flash sale is €649
ski holidays
Previously the flash-sale has been limited to 5000 passes. This year there's no limit, so if the sites don't crash on the day, all comers will get one Cool
snow report
Plenty of fresh snow around this weekend, a bit breezy on the tops and a few closures of high lifts, but PLJ and Lindarets sectors had good amounts of untracked stuff to go at. Still snowing now down to 1200 ( maybe lower ).
snow report
@OuatteDePhoque, Mostly wet snow and rain, lots of rain yesterday. Saturday we tried SuperChatel. Was not a success. After less than an hour we gave up on it, considered taking Gabelou over to Linga but the thick cloud at that point made vis very poor and we decided to go shopping instead.

It did freeze overnight and there's perhaps as much as 10cm settled here in Morgins, so today might have been a better day to try to find some powder.
snow report
@Chaletbeauroc, Saturday and Sunday, Crete was above snow / rain limit.
Ardent parking was rain, but light snow on Lindarets runs, also top of Rochassons / Chaux Fleurie was snowy, although visibilty was a bit poor on Saturday. Sunday nice fresh relatively untracked snow under Rochassons, also off the top of the ridge behind the Fantasticable hut going down and joining Chaux Fleurie red just before the road, also the ridge between Prolays and Blue Velvet. High wind and high traffic areas like Crete & Prolays were stripped of new stuff, but almost over any edge ( even crete towards Tannes, and between Tannes and Stash) there was untracked stuff to be had.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
In Les Gets today - anything above about 1400m has excellent new snow - even got some untracked fresh off the side of several pistes in the bowl (all skied out now!).

Yesterday we got some fresh

down the xmas trees (satellite?) run down from the Chaux Fleurie ridge in the hour of clear weather in the afternoon.
latest report
andy from embsay wrote:
Renewal is €570, flash sale is €649
Pretty good but with an added under 12 kid, a full price adult on pre-sales (912 via serma) is still better?
snow report
@patrick!, haven’t got one of them! I have two “young adults”, so about €400 each.
ski holidays
So for kid + adult the best seems to be:
- adult + kid>12 yo: Saget's private sale at 570 (adult) plus Serma's normal presale at 448 (boarder pass)
- adult + kid<12 yo: Serma's presale at 912 (adult, comes with free kid)

Now, do they all come with 3 discovery passes and days in Verbier...
snow conditions
Avoriaz today pretty foggy at height with occasional light snow showers. Best runs are Ardent and Prodains given these are below fog/cloud level. Tetras and Zore still closed, but a few folk daring to chance "em anyway given they look good up high, but may still descend into a thin covering over crud/ditches.
latest report
Sunny today. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
The Swiss Wall was nice and fluffy today, and sunlit. Pity the Grand Paradis run was closed tho.
snow conditions
crosbie wrote:
Sunny today. Toofy Grin
And powdery-ish. Hidden Valley was great Very Happy , all other off-piste a shark-fest Sad
snow report
patrick! wrote:
So for kid + adult the best seems to be:
- adult + kid>12 yo: Saget's private sale at 570 (adult) plus Serma's normal presale at 448 (boarder pass)
- adult + kid<12 yo: Serma's presale at 912 (adult, comes with free kid)

Now, do they all come with 3 discovery passes and days in Verbier...

Chatel do the PDS adult + U12 at the same price as buying an adult in flash sale + pre-season child. The bundle is available until September 30.
snow report
shep wrote:
crosbie wrote:
Sunny today. Toofy Grin
And powdery-ish. Hidden Valley was great Very Happy , all other off-piste a shark-fest Sad

I saw a couple of skiers extreme-cruising down from ridges through the powder (not that it was particularly deep powder).

A pretty perfect day, all told.

Still a tiny bit peeved that my favourite runs (Grand Paradis and Zore/Tetras) were closed. At least The Wall was open and in good shape. Can't have too much perfection, I guess.

Bit of a coincidence today. I was on a chair with just one other guy, and chatted to him. And then, 30 mins later, by pure chance, I ended up on a chair with him again. Irish chap, US based, usually skis in Lake Tahoe, but over here for a birthday celebration, and took the opportunity for a quickie in Morzine.
latest report
crosbie wrote:
Avoriaz today pretty foggy at height with occasional light snow showers. Best runs are Ardent and Prodains given these are below fog/cloud level. Tetras and Zore still closed, but a few folk daring to chance "em anyway given they look good up high, but may still descend into a thin covering over crud/ditches.

Tetras has been ok this week for getting back to Super M - certainly better than a couple of weeks ago when it was actually open!
ski holidays
I’ve just received my codes from SERMA for the pre-sale for my existing 22/23
Season passes to buy for 23/24.
Was getting a little concerned that they were not gonna arrive.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy