Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes and Tignes-Val D'Isere (formerly Espace Killy) 2022/3. Useful links on Page 1

Poster: A snowHead
Bergmeister wrote:
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
Though I wouldn't be surprised if the benefits/returns on the owner's scheme are diminishing
Speaking of benefits, I see the mainly-US Epic Pass (which is cheaper than an Espace Killy season pass) gets you 20% off accommodation and food and drink in mountain restaurants and a 3 Vallees pass gets you x6 free ski days in some Colorado resorts. Am I right in thinking that there are no benefits whatsoever associated with our first ever Tignes season pass? Not so much as a free cafe au lait or tacky buff? Laughing

As 3 Valleys season pass holders, in addition to 6 days free skiing in Vail resorts, we also get free skiing in Japan, Chile and Australia.

Mind those "freebies" cost us nearly €500 more than you are paying for your Tignes season passes. We paid €1464 each for our season passes yesterday in Val Thorens rolling eyes .

Also, those 'freebies' cost you travel, accommodation, food etc.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
2100?
That'll be the altitude of Le Lac, Shirley Puzzled

'Rugby n Tignes'? Is that Savoie rhyming slang? Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tignes season pass holders do get a couple of free days in Ste Foy (or did last year and before, still got to check on this season - polyvalence is the key word).

As for types of ownership etc, AIUI.

You can be a resident of Tignes as an owner, ie live and work there.
You can be a Proprietaire (where you own a second home). This entitles you to a cheaper rate, even cheaper if you join the Tignes Devellopment Proprietaires scheme, even cheaper if you then give up a week.
You can be a resident of Tignes in a rental if you work within Tignes, normally this requires a work permit.

(I suspect Bob has bamboozled somebody to get a cheaper rate).

Right off to get my head in the synoptic charts...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Righty O, this will not come as much of a surprise to those who watch the British weather but Western Europe is on the edge of the massive High that is over NE Europe. But, in the UK we are going to get arctic air, in the French Alps its southerly and its going to be quite warm for early Dec. In general for the next week its going to be mainly cloudy with light winds. Except over the weekend an area of precipitation will come from the Med, but it looks like most of the weather will pass up the Rhone Valley to the west or to the east. Its quite an unusual pattern so the models may well change over the days.

Tomorrow will be mostly sunny with light winds and coolish. Friday will see a bit more high cloud about so definition may reduce, still cool. Saturday will see cloud cloud and more cloud as this thing moves in from the south, it will bring a day of quite gusty winds, so it will feel cold. There might be the odd flocon after dark to welcome the bashers, if they drag themselves out of the Montreux Caf to get on the bus. Sunday will again be cloudy, but now the warm spell (all things are relative!) will set in. If we are lucky there may have been a few cm overnight. Monday looks like being a day of sunny periods with more sun in the afternoon. Tuesday mild and mostly sunny. From Wednesday on - we are into horoscope territory, but it looks more unsettled especially later in the week, but that much needed precipitation may well be rain in the lower reaches of the resort. But an early heads up for snow chains for Saturday 10th.

Edit: As for what is going to be open this weekend, mmmmmm - they are advertising nothing yet - draw your own conclusions. But I would hazard a narrow Anenome (Palafour to you and me chief) there seems to be a pisted band, but if you look at the Almes Black it would be unskiable, so it depends on the depth. There hasn't been any pisting on Bluet yet so maybe not. I would wager that Tommeuses will open, whether you will be able to drop into 'next door' for a coffee at Rosies - not sure. But there is unlikely to be any off piste given the amount of rocks sticking through, maybe the odd bit under the Vanoise but only on rock hoppers.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Any word on what's going to be open at Val D'Isere at the weekend?

The bowl over the back of La Daille funicular (pictured from Solaise) looked like it had fair cover on the runs two days ago - ie even before yesterday's new snow. Looked enough to open Solaise - if skiing from the top of the funi at least.

EDIT (See my further post below): Paragraph above should have read as follows:
The bowl over the back of La Daille funicular (pictured from Solaise) looked like it had fair cover on the runs two days ago - ie even before yesterday's new snow. Looked enough to open, if skiing from the top of the funi at least.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 2-12-22 22:31; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Doesn’t the funi from la daille exit onto the belllevarde side above val d?
Solarise access not direct??
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@mountainaddict, We'll find out on Saturday morning how much is open, they never announce early in case it deters local weekenders. I'll be very surprised if links are open, even before you look at the horrible forecast. It will definitely open though (the financial cost would be huge if they didn't). The word I heard from locals is the 1 week delay to opening was more to do with saving power costs than lack of snow. For comparison they opened last year with only Olympique, funi & marmots running.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well its happened again!
I’ve caught covid almost exactly a year since my last infection. Probably the Val d’Isere variant as the only time we were inside was on the way up the Grande Motte.
After a week opening up the apartment, stocking the freezer, garage etc, along with a few days skiing in Tignes we flew home on Tuesday night.
Scratchy sore throat and feeling nauseous (the same symptoms I had last time) on the way home so decided a covid test wise before going to celebrate my Mother in Law’s birthday.
Positive and now not going to the celebration which was the reason we came back rolling eyes

With the cost of pharmacy products in France it might be wise if you’re coming out to pack some paracetamol and throat/cough sweets.

Everyone is back greeting each other by hugging, kissing and shaking hands so it was probably inevitable.
Husband is currently negative and gloating.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
2100?
That'll be the altitude of Le Lac, Shirley Very Happy

But different routes down to each village. Some may be open, some not.
And don't call me Shirley. Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@snowornever,
The shot is 'from' Solaise, so across the valley to show the la Daille side (I think).
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Kenzie, you can't see the LD side from Solaise without x-ray specs. That's the top of OK run and an extremely sketchy looking spatule off piste area. Marmots lift just about visible, with Mont Blanc lift below going left to right.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dr John wrote:
@Kenzie, you can't see the LD side from Solaise without x-ray specs. That's the top of OK run and an extremely sketchy looking spatule off piste area. Marmots lift just about visible, with Mont Blanc lift below going left to right.

I was going by mountainadict's description.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@mountainaddict,

If you want the latest on Val d'isere their website shows all of the latest about lift openings etc..

https://www.valdisere.com/

The webcam shows plenty of snow on all of the slopes including those down to the town.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
JulieAimeLeSki wrote:
@bobski62, Thank you so much for your detailed parking investigation and sharing of all relevant information!
My car was inside the Golf car park since before last saturday, I am staying in Tignes untill this thursday.
The applicable Golf cost would be E 99 for saturday to thursday, if I didn't take my car out for a short outing.
However, I had an appointment in the valley today. I will also have one tomorrow afternoon afer skiing. Apparently, as I was informed by the parking staff today, it is no longer possible to go in and out of the parking with a paid ticket, as it was last year.
You have to pay upon exit for the period the car was parked. I could not pay 99E and then freely enter and leave untill thursday. I had to pay for the period of saturday to this morning (E 61). And when I re entered this afternoon, my time started running again from zero. There is a higher cost for shorter stays so I will end up paying more than the 99E if my car would have stayed the entire time in the car park.

Im looking to book parking Via Indigo and it definitely states as you go to pay "Unlimited entries and exits during the booking period"
I took a screen shot https://photos.app.goo.gl/3gzeXWAGVofcF2qX7

I haven't booked yet , Hows it work with rental cars as you dont know the car Reg ??
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

I haven't booked yet , Hows it work with rental cars as you dont know the car Reg ??

We've not figured that out yet either @wasley, might need another visit to the parking office to see what they suggest.
snow report
@bobski62, They are still working on the owners passes, still waiting for mine. Local spy has submitted my give back a week form!
snow conditions
bobski62 wrote:
Quote:

We've not figured that out yet either @wasley, might need another visit to the parking office to see what they suggest.

If you click whats your vehicle then add vehicle There is an option to select "Rental vehicle or on sale?"
But when you select that option the Add button is greyed out

Look forward to see if you can get an answer
ski holidays
Quote:
Doesn’t the funi from la daille exit onto the belllevarde side above val d?
Solarise access not direct??
Correct - and apologies from me for the errant inclusion of an extra 'Solaise' in my original post. It was late at night, I was knackered and had rearranged my original post wording - resulting in the error... rolling eyes

I've now edited the original post so that it is no longer nonsensical wink
latest report
@mountainaddict,
How do I pay to become a Super Snowhead?
snow report
sbooker wrote:

Click on the logo at the bottom of the page.
ski holidays
Quote:
See the Snowheads home page @sbooker - as highlighted on the screenshot below.

latest report
^^^
Thanks.
snow conditions
@sbooker did you find an off-piste group for January? Sorry I did not answer about Oxygene. They have only offered me private lessons previously.
snow report
@hawkesbaynz,
Im booked for the Oxygene ‘Steep and Deep’ one. I hope there’s not too much really steep to it. Very Happy
snow report
Apologies, I know you all have talked about parking a lot and I'm not sure if I missed this. I'm busy trying to book parking on indigoneo and it's asking me for a car registration. However I'm renting a car at the airport and won't get the registration until that day. Can I book parking now and change my registration later? It's unclear on the website if I'll be able to do that.
latest report
wasley wrote:
bobski62 wrote:
Quote:

If you click whats your vehicle then add vehicle There is an option to select "Rental vehicle or on sale?"
But when you select that option the Add button is greyed out

Look forward to see if you can get an answer

Have just booked parking at Tignes Golf with a rental vehicle. Came accross the same problem as you when clicking 'rental vehicle or on sale' so just typed rental vehicle in - where it says 'what's your vehicle'. Job done.
snow conditions
Salgar wrote:
Apologies, I know you all have talked about parking a lot and I'm not sure if I missed this. I'm busy trying to book parking on indigoneo and it's asking me for a car registration. However I'm renting a car at the airport and won't get the registration until that day. Can I book parking now and change my registration later? It's unclear on the website if I'll be able to do that.

I have just booked with a rental vehicle (needed to book now as going peak feb half term). Typed in rental vehicle in the type of vehicle section. Hopefully it will allow you to change the details on the day. (pretty sure I read that you can change details up to an hour before arrival)
ski holidays
Any sign of links between Tignes and Val D opening? Why are they closed? Seemed plenty of snow at altitude when we were at Tignes last week... Puzzled
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@mountainaddict, I think they were open, Piste Creux and Marmottes lift open as was the La D gondola, looks like a circuit to me. Fresse was shut but Borsat open, just need to be careful with route finding.

Tigski was over at Grand Pre today, so some liaisons must have been ouverte!
snow report
james75 wrote:
Salgar wrote:

I have just booked with a rental vehicle (needed to book now as going peak feb half term). Typed in rental vehicle in the type of vehicle section. Hopefully it will allow you to change the details on the day. (pretty sure I read that you can change details up to an hour before arrival)

That was going to be my next question. how you actually enter the car park as i thought it used ANPR ??? I was hoping they emailed you a unique code you punched in every time you entered for the duration of your stay
snow conditions
chocksaway wrote:
@mountainaddict, I think they were open, Piste Creux and Marmottes lift open as was the La D gondola, looks like a circuit to me. Fresse was shut but Borsat open, just need to be careful with route finding.

Tigski was over at Grand Pre today, so some liaisons must have been ouverte!

Definitely open spent most of the day on the Belvedere side.
latest report
Cheers - just that the Tignes app was showing the links as closed mid-pm today... rolling eyes
snow report
wasley wrote:
That was going to be my next question. how you actually enter the car park as i thought it used ANPR ??? I was hoping they emailed you a unique code you punched in every time you entered for the duration of your stay

I've got a week of parking booked and the confirmation has my car details but also an access code to use if ANPR doesn't. So I think you should be OK to access if your plates don't match your booking. Booked it a couple of weeks ago, after a solid week of trying. When I did book it I found it needed to be exactly a week (and no more) for it to allow me to make the booking. That was in Lavachet car park.
snow conditions
We were planning to go to Tignes for a 3-day ski trip this Friday until Sunday, but it looks like only a small amount of lifts and slopes are open.

Does anybody know what the chances are of more slopes opening by then?
ski holidays
@Skiwi222, all sectors apart from the Aiguille Percee have some stuff open, the links are open, and there is a bit more snow forecast for Friday, I would have thought plenty enough for a fun 3 days
snow conditions
Quote:
I would have thought plenty enough for a fun 3 days
We enjoyed what was open (only in Tignes) on 4 ski days last week - you've got over 1,200m vertical from the top of the Grande Motte for starters. IMO, you don't need 250km of piste to have a good time - it's just great to get out in the mountains early season.

Mountains + snow + sliding about = fun Very Happy
snow report
@Skiwi222, Page 1 has the links to live lift and piste openings for Tignes and Val'. Plenty to go at. Link to Val is open. Friends skied over at Solaise sector yesterday. Even Fornet appears to be open, but that might entail a (free) bus ride to the head of the valley. Little or no snow forecast before weekend but it's cold enough to run snow-making.

Don't book accommodation in Boisses (1800) or Le Breviere. It will be cheaper for a reason.
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/aQ0yGXJm224
ski holidays
I stopped by last night at the parking office to ask about "The Rental Car Conundrum". I explained the problem. First the girl at the desk suggested ringing the rental company to get the reg. of the car they are going to give you. I impressed upon her that rental firms simply don't work that way(!) - there's no realistic way you will known the reg till you get the car. I asked if you can book using any reg. and change it later; she believed not. Basically Indigo don't seem to have a ready answer. I suspect we may just have to see how the experiences of other folk such as @Jon_b, @james75, @Salgar, pan out.

The pass-holders' entrance to Golf definitely has ANPR but I have a card to scan if that does not work. Not had to use it yet. I don't know if ANPR has been installed in the other car parks. I'll try to take a look on my next walkabout.

EDIT: A short walkabout Le Lac just completed and it does look like car parks Lac 1, 2 and 3 have ANPR installed. Not looked elsewhere (need to fettle skis tonight) but looks like it may be a safe assumption that the others have it too.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 5-12-22 18:03; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Looks like a decent amount of snow is going to fall from lunchtime Friday to Lunchtime Saturday. For those on summer tyres some practice with the chains might be in order. Oh and move your car to the ground level on Lac3 so you can put them on in the dry, chains tend to struggle on the steep concrete ramps in there.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy