Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes and Tignes-Val D'Isere (formerly Espace Killy) 2022/3. Useful links on Page 1

Poster: A snowHead
GeorgeVII wrote:
but Lavachet can be hellish tight approaching some of the ramps. Plenty of paint-scrape witness marks to prove it.

This is true of most of the car parks - the spaces aren't actually that bad, getting to the spaces can be the issue, particularly as you point out going round the corners to the up and down ramps.

If hiring get the 0 euros excess insurance!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yep, remember well the Lavachet car park being tight, even in the small Renault Captur rental we had.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Golf in Val Claret is the same. I witnessed someone having a nightmare in a BMW 5-series estate trying to just turn the corners onto the ramps. I wouldn't want to do it in our VW Transporter.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:
If hiring get the 0 euros excess insurance!
Or (much more economically) get an online insurance policy to cover car hire excess payments. Always cheaper than the rip off insurance charges at the car hire desk - and a bargain if you do a few car rentals a year and buy an annual insurance policy.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@mountainaddict, and get it through quidco for cash back
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
BOOKING TOURIST PARKING.

Someone has kindly posted on Facebook that the link to book parking on the Tignes.net site is incorrect and takes you into the "residents" section.
They have spoken to Indigo directly. The link required for tourist bookings is www.indigoneo.fr/en

"you will need to check availability, then create an account with an email validation process. Then it will ask for vehicle details".

The poster reckons it took them about 5 minutes. Hope this is helpful for those trying to book parking spots.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 9-11-22 20:46; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The tignes pass site does not seem to offer carte neige insurance as usual for a season pass? I am sure this is usually an option. I suspect I will pick it up at the VC office and might be able to add it then?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
GeorgeVII wrote:
BOOKING TOURIST PARKING.

Someone has kindly posted on Facebook that the link to book parking on the Tignes.net site is incorrect and takes you into the "residents" section.
They have spoken to Indigo directly. the link required for tourist bookings is www.indigoneo.fr/en

"you will need to check availability, then create an account with an email validation process. Then it will ask for vehicle details".

The poster reckons it took them about 5 minutes. Hope this is helpful for those trying to book parking spots.

Thank you for the link, however it took me longer than five minutes as I found the site a bit complicated. I am sure it was much simpler last year and I booked directly through the Tignes website.

Anyway job done. I got there in the end.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@GeorgeVII, I had a play around with this site as i'll need to book for Christmas, found it really simple, and 5 minutes was a similar time frame for me.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Is it not possible to just turn up at say lavachet underground and pay in office de tourism next door as we did in previous years??
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks @GeorgeVII, I've updated the info in Page 1.

@snowornever, there is no Office de Tourisme next door to Lavachet car park, it is above Lac 3 car park - the 'Maison de Tignes'. In previous seasons you could indeed park temporarily for free in Lac 3 and buy your ticket in person but until I get out there I won't know if this can still be done for the coming season. Will try to find out in a couple of weeks.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
One thing of note. When you go to the site, then put Tignes in as your desired location, it offers a drop down list of all the car parks. But it shows them all as FULL. You have to select one, then put in your dates to see the price and availability. Hope that makes sense.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@bobski62, There is (or was) an office next to Lavachet car park entrance. Perhaps not "the" Office de Tourism, but definitely an office there.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
GeorgeVII wrote:
@bobski62, There is (or was) an office next to Lavachet car park entrance. Perhaps not "the" Office de Tourism, but definitely an office there.

I stayed in Lavachet in early December last year.

There is indeed a tourist office close to the car park, however it may not have been open at all during the two weeks I was there. It was certainly closed when I arrived midafternoon on a Saturday.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yes, the building did contain a parking enquiries office (not a tourist office) but I'm not sure if it was staffed last winter (will check this year along with the other stuff once I'm there); my experience last winter matched yours @richjp, in that it was always closed, empty and with signs saying "go to Lac 3 car park".

There was also a small STGM presence in the parade of shops opposite, but from memory it was just machines to dispense lift passes.
latest report
@bobski62, that was staffed that office for lift passes in Le Lavachet, I used it at the Easter weekend in April.
snow report
Thanks @swskier, that's good to hear - must save a lot of folk a schlep on their first day!
ski holidays
Mark1863 wrote:
The tignes pass site does not seem to offer carte neige insurance as usual for a season pass? I am sure this is usually an option. I suspect I will pick it up at the VC office and might be able to add it then?

You have to buy Carte Neige at time of purchasing your pass and there is a radio button for “assurance” adjacent your pass selection. If you have Google translate on, then it translates the “Insurance” button misleadingly as “One Day” or “Day only”. Click the button and the insurance will be added
snow conditions
Has anyone had any luck trying to book parking in Tignes for any time period other than December? I'm trying to book 2 months in March and April, but it seems that every car park is full for every possible time period during that time (and, that you can only book for a maximum of 30 days at a time). I have tried the method of going into each car park individually, but it doesn't seem to work for anything other than December... Any help or insight much appreciated!
snow report
Quote:

Has anyone had any luck trying to book parking in Tignes for any time period other than December? I'm trying to book 2 months in March and April, but it seems that every car park is full for every possible time period during that time (and, that you can only book for a maximum of 30 days at a time). I have tried the method of going into each car park individually, but it doesn't seem to work for anything other than December... Any help or insight much appreciated!

Wed 09 Nov, 22
20:07

Update: managed to work out that you can only book a max of 3-week blocks during March and April, and only until 2nd April, after which it's showing 'full' everywhere, even for short stays. Even right at the end of April, well after Easter, so I struggle to believe that it's really full... this has to be the least intuitive website ever.
snow conditions
Going out early Jan
Going to just take pot luck on parking!
latest report
@BlueSky, You've posted whilst I've been looking at it. 19/20 maximum consecutive days? Had a look at the parking section of the Tignes site and the pricing matrix for parking suggests the same. Try contacting the office (details on www.tignes.net ).

Another possible option is to stick a post on the 2023 Tignes Seasonnaires FB page and ask if anyone has a private space to let for two months.
snow report
Good idea x 2. Thanks @GeorgeVII
snow conditions
@snowornever, just checked the booking site and it would let me book Lavachet parking for up to 20 consecutive days. ( 273 euros)
ski holidays
@BlueSky, No worries. I'm normally in the hunt for a few weeks parking myself. I'm just fortunate that the owners that I'm renting off are letting me use their underground garage (for a weekly fee). But it's a real tight squeeze with my van. I took the roof rails off right at the last minute before we set off last season. I think @chocksaway saw what a shoe-horn job it was rolling eyes rolling eyes

Speaking of @chocksaway..... a quick weather update. Webcams are showing a bit of snow in 'Lac but it looks wet and slushy.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 9-11-22 22:41; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@GeorgesVII yes I have a van too. Helpfully booked Lac 2 twice before realising it wasn't going to fit rolling eyes
snow report
@GeorgeVII, Indeed, I was a witness to Operation Shoehorn. Some of the underground parts of Tignes should have their own series on Yesterday!

Even the relatively modern Lac 3 is a labyrinth, like the night of, IIRC, the New Year concert, when the Maison was in lock down for the 'talent' @tigski appeared in the Maison much to the consternation of the staff. Even they had forgotten to secure one of the secret passageways.
ski holidays
@chocksaway,
Quote:

Even the relatively modern Lac 3 is a labyrinth,

Didn't there used to be a sort of free standing broom cupboard somewhere near the ESF ski school meeting points. I've a very vague recollection of wandering around the lower levels of Lac3 then exiting onto the square. Might have been absorbed into the underground workings of the Toviere base station.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
GeorgeVII wrote:
@snowornever, just checked the booking site and it would let me book Lavachet parking for up to 20 consecutive days. ( 273 euros)

Thanks
Will give it a go see what happens!
I need 28 days tho a tough problem I know!!
latest report
@GeorgeVII, Yes there was, I also managed to appear in the middle of the roundabout in Lac through a similar Tardis like door.
snow conditions
Knowledgable Tignes'ites, recommendations for Christmas meals please. This is our first time in a resort at Christmas

We're planning on going to Brasero in Le Lavachet on Christmas eve evening, 2 of us plus the dog.

I know in France Christmas Eve is bigger than Christmas Day, but do people go out on Christmas Day for food also?

Any recommendation for somewhere in Le Lac/Lavachet for Christmas Day that isn't too fancy. It's the 2 of us again and the dog, so thinking more sports bar esque than fancy restaurant (hence Brasero on Christmas eve).

Any help appreciated.
latest report
snowornever wrote:
GeorgeVII wrote:

Thanks
Will give it a go see what happens!
I need 28 days tho a tough problem I know!!

@GeorgeVII
emailed indigo and they say no space left with them for January!!! Refer me to what they call the "boutique" the car park manager, which is currently not being answered other than a long gushy message about Tignes resort!

Seems to me they have only a limited number of spaces allocated to them for selling....will see what Tourist office has to say as and when they pick up the phone!
snow report
@swskier, Try the Queue de Cochon in Lavachet(contact via FB) more upmarket than Brasero but will fit the requirements. But do it soon!
latest report
@swskier, Plus one for the QDC. Never had a bad meal in there, and it's where we usually end up for Apres.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 10-11-22 20:21; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
@snowornever, Strange. I've just been on the site via the link above. Again it's let me select 20 days (7th of Jan to 27th) but will not let me book 21 days. Obviously not ideal.
ski holidays
@chocksaway, @GeorgeVII, had a fantastic meal in there at Easter, was talking about it the other. A bit more upmarket then we're looking for with the dog.
latest report
GeorgeVII wrote:
@snowornever, Strange. I've just been on the site via the link above. Again it's let me select 20 days (7th of Jan to 27th) but will not let me book 21 days. Obviously not ideal.

I’m trying the tourist office forclarification if need be will try again!
Once it’s in it usually stays there for the duration !!
Possession is 9 tenths if the law !!!
ski holidays
After the frustrations of the Trussian new parking website it's time to start looking at the weather as it looks like late Autumn should be arriving later next week. The high pressure and higher temperatures will continue this weekend but then break down on Monday with showers so not a lot will change on the webcams until then. I think the showers will fall as wet snow in Tignes, maybe slush in Val Centre. The unsettled weather really kicks off on Wednesday as the wind picks up and the weather becomes much more like early winter. It will become much cooler, which should allow the cannons to run to ensure you can get down from the glacier first, on the other slopes it is much more difficult to provide enough snow for skiing using the cannons alone because of the depths required to cover the rocks and fill the deep gullies beneath our ski boots (its quite an eye opener walking up pistes in the summer). Wednesday appears to be one of precipitation, again slushy around the villages and maybe around 10cm on high, not a dump by any measure. Thursday looks more benign, it will be colder to run the cannons on the higher slopes only. Friday looks showery, but the snowline is sticking around the villlages. After that the appsa re indicating winter and quite a lot of snowfall, but the confidence in these forecasts is minimal.
snow report
@swskier, Not a lot more in Lavachet, of course its tricky to say who is and isn't going to be there, but Mendikoa and l'Arti don't fit the bill. You could try the Moose in Lac or Bagus Cafe.
ski holidays
@chocksaway, thanks, we're not staying in Lavachet, but in Les Almes, so just looking for anywhere really in the general Lac area.

Will check out the Moose and Bagus. Thanks

Edit: just looked at Bagus, and realised we went there at Easter. Think it could work, it wasn't particularly fancy, and there's a few tables tucked away that could be good with the dog.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy