Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

stopovers for a family of 5 in the vicinity of dijon

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Help! we are taking my nieces skiing with our daughter and had never quite realised how easy it to travel with one child!
I can’t for the life of me find a stopover in the vicinity of Dijon where we can stop with 3 kids!
we normally grab a last minute novotel depending on how far we’ve got but it’s not see easy with 5!

Any tips from larger families gratefully received

many thanks

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 1-02-23 23:18; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Holiday Inn Express in Saint Apolonaire is just outside Dijon. It doesn't have rooms for 5 (max room occupancy is 2 adults + 2 children) but the website does say it has connecting rooms available. It does mean taking two rooms but maybe a solution?

Stayed there plenty of times as 2 adults with a dog as it's a good dog friendly hotel in a convenient location. Buffet breakfast included.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You need two rooms. The Best Western Dijon Quetigny is nice and has secure parking. Also not too far from the autoroute.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I cant immediately find it in searching on here, but with location in Macon was widely discussed and thought particularly suitable on here a while ago.

Perhaps someone has more acute memory of detail to help.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Unless you need a hotel this place was great halfway between Troyes and Dijon, just off the autoroute. We took a frozen casserole and ate in but the village may have a restaurant https://abnb.me/v6BXBOjp5wb
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We used to stay at the Novotel Macon Nord (2 adults, 2 kids). One year I booked late and could only get a 3-person room (Queen bed and single sofa). Hubby said he'd sleep in car if needed be but we were sneaky and just all stayed in the room. Queen bed could easily sleep 2-3 people (3-4 kids) plus sofa bed. Granted, I checked in with kids and hubby followed after, but after that we all left the hotel and came back together and no-one checked. Not sure if anyone has done that before!

We've also stayed at B&B Hotels and Ace Hotels and sure we've had 5-bedroom rooms before even though we needed a 4 - but maybe not around Dijon.

However, to help you, we've stayed in a little place called Tournus the last few winters/summers on way down to Alps (having done hours of research). Literally just off the motorway. The place we stay at are only 4-person rooms max but there is a hotel across the road that does up to 6 in a room. It looks a lovely secure place and I'd definitely recommend the location (there are 2 x fuel stations across the road and a McDonalds within a 100m walk!): https://village-motel.com/en/chambres_gb/
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@SkiAdd, you have not said when you are going, but have you looked at booking.com for apartments
in the area you want to stop?

sometimes you can get good bargains with a lot more space than a hotel room, and as @MHskier, stated, you then have the option to make your own food.

i generally go down this route, as i like to be able to make my own coffee/tea/hot choc and breakfast options
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy