Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheapest transfer Zurich airport to St Anton?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, husband and daughter are flying to Zurich on a Monday morning in February and need a quick transfer to St Anton. Train and Arlberg Express both leave a bit too late (12.00 and 13.00) when the flight is scheduled to land at 9.40am so I am looking into options for private taxi transfers. Please can anyone recommend a company they have used? Arlberg Express quotes me 450 Euros for a private transfer; I was hoping to pay a bit less than that. Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure where you're searching? Looks like there's a Railjet at 10.40 (from the Hauptbahnhof) direct to St. Anton. See https://www.oebb.at/en/

The connection leaves the airport at 10.18 (or I guess they could get a bus or taxi between the airport and main station).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes I saw that, just worried that if the flight lands at 9.40 and they have to collect their baggage including skis, it could be a bit tight!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If he's repaired the wooden-bead seat covers in his Zafira, then Stanton can do it in his Taxi.
Don't try and pay him in Sterling though.
He'll come out from under the wooden bridge that we're trit-trotting across very soon.
Though I'm sure he'll tell you to go to Zermatt instead.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Look for a taxicompany in Bludenz. Close enough to Arlberg, but without the Arlberg mark-up
(Normally I would suggest finding a taxi in your airportcity. Works well in Innsbruck e.g. But not in CHwitzerland Very Happy )
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
When we've been in similar situations in the past we've just chilled out had a beer or a meal and taken the next available train which is the cheaper option.There are plenty of eateries in the Zurich airport complex to chose from. Taxis are great cost wise when there's a group of you but expensive if there's just two of you. It's amazing how an hour or two can pass over a couple of beers and some food, I always think might as well relax we're on holiday. Zurich is far more civilised than Manchester. Eh oh!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Arlberg Express is one of the best options from Zurich to Arlberg @110€ round trip : they run 5 coaches a day and are a superb service
https://arlbergexpress.com/en/services/zurich-airport-bus-transfer
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We have made the connection in an hour between landing and train departure, but I agree it is tight.

Luggage is usually off fairly quickly, even from an A380. Possibly the most critical point is the connection from the airport to the HBf. If you just miss that train, then you likely miss the Railjet. To a lesser extent, it can also depend on which platform the train from the airport comes in - sometimes it is on the mainline platforms, which means a shorter walk, compared to the underground platforms.

If we miss the train, we usually stop at the cafe / pizza restaurant on the main concourse at the HBf. It is warm inside, finding room for luggage is not usually an issue, and the coffee is good.

Edit: worth adding… on the HBf concourse are also Nordsee and Sprüngli shops, which are good places to stock up on train snacks. Food sold on the train leaves a bit to be desired.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 28-09-22 22:59; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Zurich HB is quite a nice station to get stuck in.
Nearly as good as Munich
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@DrLawn, Munich HBf is a building site at the moment, not ideal for waiting for trains, though plenty of bars & restaurants nearby.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@ulmerhutte, Agree HBf pizza place is great.

@Tiefschneetaucher, I'd say timings are too tight and will miss train, ZRH airport not the quickest re bags recovery and also the train link from airport to HBf isn't always quick, and you need to buy a ticket. I'd suggest they fly in previous night and stay at Radisson Blu at ZRH airport and get first Railjet train Monday.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks all. Flying in on Sunday night was not an option, so I think they will need to wait around for the later train. Good shout re Bludenz taxi company, I did get a quote from them that was 100 Euros cheaper than what others quoted me!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Tiefschneetaucher, would hiring a car be an option. That is what we have always done and gives you flexibility as well.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy