Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So after looking at a different resort hubby decided he would like to go back to Avoriaz Eh oh! Eh oh!Eh oh! ️ (Thanks for help on previous post)
Looking at prices Jan 28th or Feb 25th look a good deal.
Thought they would be busy weeks any thoughts ? Thought all of Feb would be chocker and expensive Nervous skiers so the quieter the better .
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jan 28th will be the final week before it's mental busy with school holidays, Feb 25th likely to be the last week of the school holidays.

I'd pick the January date of the two personally.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@swskier, +1
Hols run 4th Feb -> 6th Mar
The locals finish on Feb 20th, and only one Zone is on holiday for the W/C Feb 25th so it might not be too bad, although that Zone is Paris, so the roads will be particularly hazardous, though with Avoriaz being car free you should be fine Smile
Late Jan will be less busy.
Snow is snow -it falls when it likes, so know way of knowing which will have more snow.
Jan is colder than Feb though.
The lifts will run longer in late Feb than in late Jan.
But I'd still opt for late Jan.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Historically peak snow depth’s are the first weeks of March, I don’t ski Avoriaz but I’ve always considered the last week in Feb and the first week in March the sweet spot of the winter , supposedly the deepest snow , slightly longer days and the sun just starting to have a little more warmth to it , whilst still being deep enough into winter, if it snows , to give you some decent powder .
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

the last week in Feb and the first week in March

Just after all the pistes have been scoured clear of snow by the French school holidays? Twisted Evil

Snow "depth" is not necessarily, in my mind, a virtue of itself.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy