Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 4 Vallées 2022/2023

Poster: A snowHead
@under a new name, it's quite common in Austria for lift passes to start mid afternoon the day before the official start date. Less common in other countries though I think Les Arcs does it (or used to).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Come on Bobinch, where's the videos?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Retour Verbier. Back to the old haunting ground. Thursday = 20chf lift pass day at Bruson. Worth knowing about! Especially as under 8s ski free in CH. Family of 4 = 60chf.

Conditions today were pretty decent. More cream cheese than blower-pow given rise in temperature. Still good skiing. The new La Pasay chairlift and cafe is pretty bourgeois Shock Bruson defn more a Verbier suburb than Pays st Bernard micro station these days.

Kids were flying...

latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Look at those temperatures! Wrap up warm and you get some cracking skiing this week!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi All,

Just want to thank everyone for their contributions to this thread; we had a fantastic time in La Tzoumaz/4V and your recommendations definitely helped! So thanks again! Very Happy

Cheers,
J
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
niyebe wrote:
Hi All,

Just want to thank everyone for their contributions to this thread; we had a fantastic time in La Tzoumaz/4V and your recommendations definitely helped! So thanks again! Very Happy

Cheers,
J

Any highlights you can share?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BobinCH wrote:

Any highlights you can share?

In the end some in the group were unsure of the Bruson forest runs that you recommended @Bobinch (after looking at what Youtube showed of them and not being sure they could handle the tight trees), and the quality/quantity of the snow was so good that much time was spent off-piste on both sides of the Savoleyre (runs back down to La Tzoumaz and down to Verbier)
We also had really good snow down from Mt Fort, Attelas and Gentianes on the sides at the end of the week, but sometimes tricky conditions with the wind and changing visibility. Didn't manage to do the freeride itineraries as they were closed for several days and then on the days they were open, we couldn't get over for various reasons. So we have a good excuse to come back another time! Very Happy
Also appreciate someone mentioning the 20chf Bruson Thursday passes...we hadn't been aware of that and some of us are based in the Geneva area, so we'll be monitoring the snowfall and plan to make use of that 20chf offer to explore the Bruson forest one of these coming Thursdays!

Cheers,
J
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@niyebe, glad you enjoyed it. Yep that Bruson 20chf pass is useful if you can get Thursdays off.

Filling up nicely with cold, light pow snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Powder Extreme in Bruson
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CniAMMcqDDC/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Still dumping!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@BobinCH, I think we're about there in the garden at 1,050m snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sorry you missed out @BobinCH, must be double that in Chatel.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cracking Rock Garden with one of @rungsp, offspring.

Good skiing genes in that family!

http://youtube.com/v/hzCaaqu6AVI

Then took some hardy Scots down the Mont Gele Bouquetin couloir

And 3 fingers

Not a bad effort for a 13:00 start! Conditions are pukka
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Still getting freshies off Mont Gelé at 16:00 snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/r0PgL1RcmyE
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
orange wrote:
Random question on lift passes, do they 'start' later the day before i.e. if I want to sneak out for a couple of runs when i arrive in the afternoon but my pass doesn't start until the next day does it let you on for a couple of hours ? Some places do and not been to verbier forever (and looking forward to it). Equally if anyone wants a beer the week of the 22nd I am there solo on a course.

EDIT: I've found a statement that says "Passes of 3 days or more are valid from 3PM the day before your start date." - anyone confirm this ?

Did you get a definite answer to your question, @orange or test it out yourself?

I think I might do a quick trip to Verbier this coming week and might end up arriving just about early enough to get the lift up and have a couple of free runs if so. I know my lift pass allowed me to get from Le Chable to Verbier the evening before it officially became active when I went before, but can't remember what time that was from Puzzled
ski holidays
And another more general question for the class... has anyone ever used the self-service lockers at Le Chable? LINK

I'm aiming just to travel with my board bag and a light rucksack, so trying to work out whether on arrival and departure day, I would be able to stick those in a locker before check-in / after check-out?

The board bag ought to be practically empty if I've got most of my gear (but not toiletries and change of underwear!) on me, but still not sure whether that's really what the lockers are intended / suitable for.
latest report
jebroni3_16 wrote:
And another more general question for the class... has anyone ever used the self-service lockers at Le Chable? LINK

I'm aiming just to travel with my board bag and a light rucksack, so trying to work out whether on arrival and departure day, I would be able to stick those in a locker before check-in / after check-out?

The board bag ought to be practically empty if I've got most of my gear (but not toiletries and change of underwear!) on me, but still not sure whether that's really what the lockers are intended / suitable for.

I’ve not used the ones in Le Châble but assuming they are similar to the ones in Verbier you could fit an empty boot bag in there. We have a small one and can get 5 helmets in it.
snow conditions
@jebroni3_16, we have one on an annual rental.
You'll easily fit your stuff in there.
snow conditions
Thanks @BobinCH and especially @rungsp - your mention of annual rental made me wonder whether they might actually be booked out by lucky locals and well-organised folk and sure enough, it appears they are: LINK

Back to the drawing board Smile
snow conditions
jebroni3_16 wrote:
Thanks @BobinCH and especially @rungsp - your mention of annual rental made me wonder whether they might actually be booked out by lucky locals and well-organised folk and sure enough, it appears they are: LINK

Back to the drawing board Smile

You can take your gear up to Medran and ditch it in the lockers there? Or if your hotel isn’t too far from the Le Châble gondola station they should be able to store it u til check-in / after checkout.

If that’s too much hassle just take it up in the gondola to Ruinettes and leave it in the corner of the picnic room? Then download from there at end of day.
snow conditions
If I stay in Le Chable (still debating on whether to go to Interlaken, but the 4 Valleys forecast looks better), then it will be at a small, private and very cheap B&B I stayed at before.

Unfortunately, their storage space is pretty limited and it's only available until Thursday, which is a pain as I quite liked the look of the 20CHF day pass for Bruson which this thread drew to my attention and my return flight isn't until Friday evening!

First world problems Laughing

Thanks as always for the advice though snowHead
snow conditions
@jebroni3_16, consider cabane Mont Fort for your last night, which is a good cheap option for a 1 night stay and something a little different being up at 2450 metres with great views!
snow report
Or stay in the actual lift station hotel rooms at the Le Chable lift station
snow conditions
BobinCH wrote:
@jebroni3_16, consider cabane Mont Fort for your last night, which is a good cheap option for a 1 night stay and something a little different being up at 2450 metres with great views!

I love the idea, but the practicality of getting there in board gear, but with my board bag and extra bits on Thursday, and then making the trip in the other direction on Friday morning, but with everything packed up, seems slightly unrealistic.

I guess I could potentially leave a load of stuff in lockers at Medran, but I'm waiting on an email back from them to confirm they actually have any large storage lockers available, as opposed to just space for sets of skis / boards and boots.

rungsp wrote:
Or stay in the actual lift station hotel rooms at the Le Chable lift station

Fully booked. I can get an extra single night in an overpriced restaurant hotel, but might just get head out of Le Chable on Thursday evening and stay somewhere random on the train line back towards Geneva. Assuming I go to Verbier in the first place.

Should probably email the owner of the B&B really...
snow conditions
@jebroni3_16, if the lockers are full (I doubt it as the one next to ours is unlocked) most of the ski shops also do ski / gear storage eg Mountain Air, Number 1, Ski Service Ruinettes branch.
latest report
Thanks again @BobinCH. This is what I got back from the very efficient Téléverbier first thing this morning:
Quote:
À l’arrivée du train, il y a les consignes des CFF, en principe elles ne sont pas toutes occupées.

Sinon, à Médran, nous avons des grandes consignes 90x50x40.

Pour Médran, vous pouvez réserver le casier à la caisse info en arrivant, le casier coûte Fr. 8.- par nuit.

Nous sommes ouverts de 80.30 à 16.30."

So, that response suggests that there are some CFF / SBB lockers at the train station itself and there are some available large lockers at Médran too. Not that it matters to me now as in a patented change of mind, I have decided to go to Interlaken and visit Mürren / Wengen / Grindelwald instead.

Appreciate the help both you and @rungsp offered, but will now vacate this thread and allow it to return to its natural / intended course.

Oh and when you have a massive dump of fresh snow this week, you can thank me for it Laughing
snow conditions
Post trip TR mainly as I was either to tired, out OUT or out post skiing. Just had 8 days, first time in Verbier and I was on the warren smith academy.
On the lift pass question - no they have stopped doing that so by the time i arrived last Sunday and had lunch i just went for a stroll and had a couple of beers in the sun (and cold). If you get the train to Le Chable or Verbier and you get a Day Saver it gets you up to Verbier on the lift (and back I assume) you just scan the QR code at the lift.

Great week on the WSSA, thoroughly recommend to improve no matter what level you are. Snow was great all week, we did all the itineries and I also had a few cheeky off piste runs as well after 'class'. Lovely town albeity eye wateringly expensive. Stayed at the Rotonde for most of it then the de la Poste. I recommend the latter if you wish to remind yourself what the 70's was like decor wise, food was very good. Rotonde nice, clean.
latest report
orange wrote:
On the lift pass question - no they have stopped doing that so by the time i arrived last Sunday and had lunch i just went for a stroll and had a couple of beers in the sun (and cold). If you get the train to Le Chable or Verbier and you get a Day Saver it gets you up to Verbier on the lift (and back I assume) you just scan the QR code at the lift.

Thanks for the update and means I'm relieved I changed my plans.

I'll email the person who answered my locker enquiry when I'm back next week about getting that removed from the website then.

Glad you had a good time otherwise though.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looking at the piste map, it looks like there's some public race courses set up in the Savoleyres area.

Is that correct?

After some GS practise while I'm out in April
snow conditions
@swskier, race gates are usually setup on both the Savoleyres and La Tzoumaz side of the top station, although usually by ESS or race clubs. I don’t think you can just pile in but worth asking the ESS office
snow report
@BobinCH, good to know, thanks.
snow report
@swskier There's an FIS-designated slalom run piste down from the summit of the Tournelle chair to the Nord chair, with a timing cabin at the bottom, and a designated slalom piste alongside the button lift below Savoleyres. But neither is permanently set up for slaloms. When they setup the former, they will close the piste with netting at the top and side, to preserve it for the competitors/trainees. If there's a race/training run on, I think the organisers will get pretty miffed at anyone unregistered who uses it - it's very clear that it's reserved. However, post the race/training, it looks like they sometimes open it up and leave the flagposts in place for a while before they're dismantled. You'll know it's OK because th top and side netting will be removed so the piste again has open access.

As BobinCH says, worth asking what the setup is first, if the run is all laid out for competition. Unless perhaps, there's no netting at the top or sides, the run is clearly already worn, and people are just having a go. On the FIS run, if this was the case, you'd need to be aware that recreational skiers may be joining from the right, around half way down. It's quite a steep red and if they're not aware, they may just traverse onto the run without looking.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 3-02-23 21:20; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@LaForet, thanks also.

So it sounds like there's no public GS course set up like you find in many resorts?
snow conditions
Another question for those in the know. As season pass holders, do you get any discounts for friends/relatives on day passes? Or do they have to purchase at full price?
ski holidays
The GS set up that @LaForet is referring to is open for an "anybody who wants to" GS race on most Saturday mornings, organised by the Phillipe Roux shop in Verbier.
You have to subscribe in advance, I don't think you can just turn up.
snow conditions
rungsp wrote:
The GS set up that @LaForet is referring to is open for an "anybody who wants to" GS race on most Saturday mornings, organised by the Phillipe Roux shop in Verbier.

I did see that online, and looks like I could ski the last one in mid April.
latest report
swskier wrote:
rungsp wrote:

I did see that online, and looks like I could ski the last one in mid April.

Just ski the M25 at the end of the day. It’s like a live slalom with moving gates snowHead
ski holidays
The 4 valleys are looking like 2x 2 valleys at the moment, and perhaps for a while to come.

The absolutely vital Combatzaline chairlift in Siviez is totally out of action...all the chairs are off, it looks bad to me.
Without that it is simply impossible to link across in either direction....not good at all for the imminent busy weeks
snow report
I can report that pistes are hard and becoming quite polished.
Off pists is a mixture of bullet hard and chalky/grippy.
You'd need a good guide and a long walk to find any powder, and I would think that would be crusty anyway.

100pct coverage on pistes, no bare bits and no stones at all.

We need snow...none expected though
snow conditions
Good news , telenendaz saying combatseline is running again
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy