Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes CGH apartments

Poster: A snowHead
Looking at 2 bed apartments for 4 in Tignes in Janaury.
Anyone know if there is much difference between these

Residence la Ferme du Val Claret (base price) trip advisor 4.0
Residence le Telemark + £23 pp trip advisor 4.5
Residence le Nevada + £36pp trip advisor 4.5

Hard to tell looking online.

Thanks ... Simon.
snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
simonx wrote:
Looking at 2 bed apartments for 4 in Tignes in Janaury.
Anyone know if there is much difference between these

Residence la Ferme du Val Claret (base price) trip advisor 4.0
Residence le Telemark + £23 pp trip advisor 4.5
Residence le Nevada + £36pp trip advisor 4.5

Hard to tell looking online.

Thanks ... Simon.
snowHead

2 beds for four people?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yep two bedrooms for 4 people, but think they all three can do that
PS middle one is Le Lac (2100), the other two Val Claret(2300) - not familiar with them, not interested in night life, but want good ski location plus a handful of bars/restaurants
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@simonx,
Telemark would be the least convenient for lift access.
Don't worry about nightlife, Tignes has a free 24hr bus service between VC, Le Lac & Lavachet.
And VC is at 2150m, not 2300m.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
got the info here from google, bit not too bothered, Le Lac is probably high enough and more central.
here's what BA's (not very good) website says about each ...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
La Ferme du Val Claret .... 4 star Hotel rating
Perfectly located in Tignes Val Claret, opposite the Espace Killy chairlift, La Ferme du Val Claret consists of apartments spread across 2 semi-detached chalets. It offers free WiFi access and apartments with a private balcony. All are soundproofed and have a television and en suite bathroom. They also offer lovely seating areas and full equipped kitchens with a dishwasher and an oven. Guests to La Ferme du Val Claret can relax after a day on the slopes by the fireplace in the large lounge area. Complimentary leisure facilities include a swimming pool, sauna and hammam, in the nearby Le Nevada Residence (think it says somewhere ski-in/ski-out)

Le Telemark ... 5 star Hotel rating
These luxury apartments are matched by an excellent location at the entrance of Tignes Le Lac - one of the liveliest resorts in the Alps and a fantastic haven for families and groups of friends alike. The ski-in/ski-out access combined by the luxury and comfort of the apartments really do make this a firm favourite.
Guests will enjoy free use of the swimming pool and spa facilities, which include the Jacuzzis, sauna, hammam, gym and massage centre.
There is also a bakery delivery service so guests can enjoy fresh bread and croissants each morning.
Beds are made upon arrival and linen and towels are provided.

Le Nevada ... 4 star Hotel rating
Le Nevada apartments are right up there amongst our favourite apartments in Tignes. The range of apartments sleep from 4 to 10 people with Savoyard chalet style living areas and all your mod cons. It is located in heart of Tignes Val Claret and has a great location in resort, being located just 200m to the slopes and right next to the shops.
These luxury apartments are matched by the fantastic skiing in Tignes and Val d Isere. Inside the residence is the Centre O des Cimes Spa d Altitude which has an indoor pool, hot tubs, saunas, steam rooms and cardio room. Massages and treatments can also be organised on-site.
Facilities also include free WiFi access in the communal areas and one free access per apartment extra connections available to purchase locally, heated ski lockers, a luggage room, covered parking and bakery delivery service.

PS Why is Telemark not convenient for lift access?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@simonx, I wouldn't put much store on the first of your reports. There is no Espace Killy chairlift!

Indeed the Espace Lilly as a term has joined Monty Pythons parrot!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
I wouldn't put much store on the first of your reports. There is no Espace Killy chairlift!
Love it!! Laughing Was just about to say the same thing!

Nevertheless, the FDVC is still in a great spot in Val Claret for access to the skiing. A max 5 min walk (probably even less) to 3 or 4 lifts, including those up to the Grande Motte glacier. An excellent location.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Kenzie, i would go telemark......ski access is very easy..... ski down hill for either pacquis or chaudannes or palafour, so easy access.... le lac end is far nicer than VC end.... only slight drawback is if you walk in back to apts up steepish hill.... Nevada terrible location on all levels (ive stayed in that one) i would have a look at denali which is new and location is v good
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
That sounds encouraging - I’m booked for the Telemark for Dec 17th!

The other one that came up in my search was the Taos (also in Le Lac). That was actually my first choice based on the spec/location (though having stayed at neither) but some fitzwilliam booked the last three bedroom places available just before I pulled the trigger.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks all, have gone for La Ferme dvc
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pejoli wrote:
That sounds encouraging - I’m booked for the Telemark for Dec 17th!

The other one that came up in my search was the Taos (also in Le Lac). That was actually my first choice based on the spec/location (though having stayed at neither) but some fitzwilliam booked the last three bedroom places available just before I pulled the trigger.

We've done Telemark a couple of times. Really good. Location is great. 5 minutes walk to restaurants etc. Ski out to choice of two lifts. Coming back, we always went up the little free lift next to Palafor (Almes?). Slow but a fun little trip back.

Couldn't fault it.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Not done bus before, in "recent" years (not been since 2019) went with Mountain Sun who provided their own transfers. This time BA package of flights & hotel but not xfer.
Any transfer advice for 4 adults from Geneva airport Puzzled
Was going to book Ben's Bus - but bus times they suggest not great. Our flight due to land 11:45, they say 14:55 bus (over 3hrs) - although if pretend flight lands 5mins earlier then they say 12:35 bus.
Departure no better, for 12:55 flight they say 05:20 bus, if pretend flight 15 mins later then they say 06:50 bus.
Had a quick look at Alpybus, about £20pp more expensive, 13:00 bus on arrival which'd be perfect, but depart 04:30 !
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Alpybus out, Ben's bus back.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
certainly an option, all adds up though, wondering if any other options?
Just checked adds about a tenner each compared to BBx2 so not bad to save 2hrs on arrival.
snow conditions
@simonx, Have a look at Snow-drone for a shared transfer.. www.snow-drone.com
ski holidays
simonx wrote:
yep two bedrooms for 4 people, but think they all three can do that
PS middle one is Le Lac (2100), the other two Val Claret(2300) - not familiar with them, not interested in night life, but want good ski location plus a handful of bars/restaurants

With CGH, make sure you remove 2 people from the amount it can sleep as 2 will be on the sofa bed.
ski holidays
Stayed in Ferme a couple of times. 1 min access to skiing - out the boot room, up steps, ski; on the track behind the building.

Similarly you can ski back to 20m from the boot room.

Free access to the Nevada’s pool, although no pool of its own. Apartments vary considerably but are generally nice, just lacking in things like enough pillows and sharp knives (as normal for SC apartments!). No issue if you are driving, and it also has parking underneath.
ski holidays
anyone know which of these drop-offs for Alpybus is closer to La Ferme du Val Claret?

(a) MEETING POINT: RECYCLING CENTRE AT ROUNDABOUT, Tignes La Motte (Intersport) Bois du Laye, Val Claret

(b) Tignes Val Claret (Parking Golf), Rue du Val Claret

Looking at the following, I think the answer is probably (a) with La Ferme being brown (3)
https://www.powderhounds.com/site/DefaultSite/filesystem/images/Europe/France/Tignes/villagemap.jpg
latest report
Definitely A. B is on completely the wrong “level” - the different verticals don’t come across on the village plan at all.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy