Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Menuires/Reberty advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Just booked us up for a group of 8 staying in the Reberty area of Les Men. We are staying a stones throw from La Ferme. From what I can see, pretty much everywhere in Reberty is a very short walk (or slide) to a piste down to one of the lifts?

Having never stayed in LM before, need some advice. We have a beginner in our group who will be wanting lessons. Can anyone recommend anywhere? We very close to the offices for both the ESF and Oxygene ski schools. I've used Oxygene in La Plagne and they were ok. ESF I tend to avoid if I can. Any other opinions? Are the meeting areas close by? I'm guessing by the Les Bruyeres area?

Need some planks, again any recommendations for hire?

Any must eat at restaurants or drink at bars?

Finally, we are going last weekend in January. With it's height, it looks like snow chains (or winter tyres) are a must? We are driving over from the UK.

Thanks in advance!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, getting onto the slopes is easy.

I can’t give you any particularly up to date tips on ski schools, but you could check out these guys as well as the other options https://www.skischool-lesmenuires.com/our-team/ . I think they still base themselves in the Reberty area and certainly some lessons started just by La Ferme, and there’s now a decent sized ESF hut piste side. Back when I worked there (05/06) Marcel headed up the local ESF, and was a total delight. I wouldn’t recommend a complete beginner try to ski to Bruyères to start a lesson on day one…it would feel pretty intimidating.

I’m not up on nightlife in the area as we are now based down the valley in St M, but for lunch, a beer or two and dinner La Ferme is excellent. Other good on piste lunch spots which are easy to reach-Roc 7-at the top of Roc 1 bubble, Chalet du Sunny (just below the top of Sunny express); the Grand Lac. A bit further afield, the Corbeleys at the top of the St Martin 1 bubble and La Loy on the blue run down to St M are great spots, especially on a cold snowy day.

Yes, make sure you have chains, and practise putting them on in daylight. Have something to kneel on, plus gloves and a head torch.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I wouldn’t recommend a complete beginner try to ski to Bruyères to start a lesson on day one…it would feel pretty intimidating

This. It's not a difficult ski down, really, but not one for someone who's never skiied before. If there are lessons starting at the hut opposite La Ferme, that would be better.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great. Thanks for your advice.

Our beginner has skied before but a long time ago, but I did notice that ESF hut right by La Ferme on google maps. So could be the ideal option.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I can't help on the lessons, but I believe snow chains are still a legal requirement during the month you are going. In my experience sometimes needed once you are off the main road to Val Thorens (D117), but sometimes not, completely down to conditions and how well gritted/clear are the minor roads. We have needed them but not with every journey (Feb half term week).

On piste eateries - Chalet du Sunny, it's our usual stop on our last run of the day as it's easy to get to most of Les Men if you miss last lifts (which we do regularly), but DJ usually plays in the afternoon but not the vibe of Folie, so those of us that are older with teen kids can feel comfortable Laughing

Ski rental: we have used Skiset for kids and my partner. Reliable, no quibble if you aren't content with the kit after a few tries. Easy to book online, give your measurements etc.

Have a wonderful time.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy