Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nassfeld, Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone been to Nassfeld (also spelt with a sharpish S 'B'-style) on the Austro-Italian border. Equity Ski have a funky former hostel there. It is now called The Cube. It offers hire of everything including a 'snow fox'.....

Its relatively cheap but the altitude seems to be in thr 1400-2100m range.

Any experiences?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Friends of mine were there late last season. They said it was really good (and they've skied all over the Austrian mountains), hardly anyone there and lots of snow = lots of untracked powder. Not a mega size resort but large enough to keep you busy.

http://www.bergfex.com/nassfeld-hermagor/

Southern Austrian / Northern Italy is not as snow secure as other places in Austria (e.g. Obergurgl, Sölden, St Anton) but the last few years have been very good on average. Very few Germans or English but more Italians than you could shake a stick at. Look out for a par of pink ski pants - it might be our Italian representative here (Matteo) Wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nassfeld, wet field? Doesn't sound very inviting! Still better than Arsfeld I suppose and that ski resort called Crap near St Moritz.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ta for the replies

Seems to be on the up, I found an old late 90's piste map on skimaps.com and there are a lot of dotted-line lifts. The resorts site claims it now has one of the longest gondolas in the Alps.

cheers
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy