Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

My 2023/2024 "where to go" topic - Les Menuires

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So, i thought is a goot idea to start a new topic with the subject where to go...as usual. Start opening a new topic everytime i want to ask something, i could change the title here and write in this topic.
After two trips in France last season (Flaine and La Plagne) i was really happy with the choices.
Unfortunately the only time we are able to go for ski holiday weeks, are the school holidays.
I am looking for something for the week 30 Dec till 06 Jan , knowing that is probably the worst time (with the mid Feb weeks) but it is the only period we are able to do it.

Unfortunately didnt find something in La Plagne or Les Arcs although i love the place , and the only good offer i have is from les menuires.
I find an appartment in a residence near this pedestrian bridge (Boduette is the name i think) .
I think the position is ok, but i dont find some info how can i drop the kids to the ESF meeting point which is on the other side of the slope
Can we walk / ski the slope from on side to the other? or we have to ski down, take the lift, and then ski till the school meeting point.

Except that, has this area (Reberty and Les Bruyères) something more except the appartments and a Sherpa? i dont mind for apres ski etc. But it will be nice if there is something to eat somedays (or at least take away) or drink a beer etc or we have to go to village centre?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@turms2, plan de station is here

Residence Boedette is shown in C7. The red circle symbol thing is the ESF meeting point.

Googling the residence I read "The Residence Boedette is situated between place Bouquetins and Reberty 1850. It's ski in ski out. You'll have a rapid access to the Bruyères area is by pedestrian bridge in front of the residence where you can find restaurants, shops, Tourist Office, French Ski School ESF, cinema, swimming pool and spa. You can join the center of les Menuires thanks to the 15 minutes footpath.

I've stayed in Adonis and remember there being a line of shops, restaurants, etc. where it says where it says Ski Pass so all good I think.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ok thanks for the reply.
It is just i wanted to know
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We stayed in here last year. Easy access to the piste - esf and Oxygen ski schools (not complete beginner) as you walk out the ski boot room.

There is a swimming pool, shepra, pizza take away, a few restaurants.

It is great for access and it’s basically ski down and one lift or two lifts up to access all of the 3 valleys. Found it a great spot.

Bus down into town if needed.

https://www.pierreetvacances.com/fr-fr/fp_RML_location-residence-premium-les-alpages-de-reberty
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oh and the bar / restaurant next to the apartments
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It’s a good spot I’d say. A few nice restaurants locally- the Marmite has always been good.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Perty wrote:
A few nice restaurants locally- the Marmite has always been good.

Depends who you ask - some love it, some hate it...

To the OP - Les Menuires has excellent skiing but I'd rather be somewhere with some trees at New Year, just in case it's stormy.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Haha! Further to my rather brief response above-yes, it's easy to walk across the piste (though it is a bit of a skier's thoroughfare at that point). From the Front de Neige at Bruyeres you can walk back up and/or there is also a magic carpet that gets you to the point where you would cross the piste. These things are all budget and availability dependent, especially regarding NY week, plus it's one thing getting about with older kids and another if they are in the under 5s category.

I worked a season up what would be your home run -based at the top of Reberty 16 years ago, so skied the slopes down to Bruyeres regularly, though there have been new lifts and some reconfiguration of the slopes since then which has improved things (Now we have a place down the valley-so still ski it from time to time).
If I was being picky, I'd say the main route back-the Boyes piste- does get busy can feel relatively steep to an early intermediate blue run skier. However, once up the mountain there are some great slopes and easy access to all of the 3v. You can't beat a morning warm up run down the Mont de la Chambre blue for example (starts from the top of the Bruyeres' bubble).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy