Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Prestige Residence L'Eclose - Alpe D'Huez

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We need to move our holiday around such that we are now going in half term. One of the possible locations is the brand new Prestige Residence L'Eclose apartments that have been built in Alpe D'Huez. We were in the resort last year and the building looked like it was a good way to being done but its not due to open until Dec 22. Do any locals know much about it, its being marketed as a 4* apartments / 5* hotel. Been trying to find info like size of apartments etc but struggling and as its new no reviews etc.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
https://www.peakretreats.co.uk/winter/ski-resorts/oisans/alpe-dhuez/leclose

I'd absolutely trust what peak retreats have to say about the place.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sunweb are also offering this, and they include a liftpass!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have booked this hotel with Sunweb for our first trip to ADH. Got a pretty good deal for 17 Dec, hoping it will snow a bit more by then! Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
+1 for Peak Retreats. Peak Retreats also offer Cristal D'Alpe and Dari i noor and mention both of these as being luxury properties and I notice they do not give this label to Residence L'Eclose.

The advantage of Residence L'Eclose will be that it is new. However the drawback is that it looks like there are extra costs for steam room etc.

I would probably book either Cristal D'Alpe or Dari i noor as these appear more luxurious and are likely to have more included in the price. I haven't stayed in these specific residences but have stayed in residences built by the same companies in other resorts.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Rob_Quads, am booked here weekend of 14/15th Jan Blush
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi there

I was doing a search on reviews and feedback regarding Residence L’Eclose when this thread popped up. I was wondering if anyone has stayed there recently, and could offer any tips/ advice. I don’t see too many positive reviews and am starting to get a little nervous.

Thanks very much for any thoughts.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@cakerawala, ask away. We enjoyed our stay there. We were in the aparthotel bit.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We stayed just before Christmas, also the Aparthotel. We enjoyed our stay too, first time in Alpe D'huez. The hotel is obviously very new so our apartment was in good condition. We had a 1 bed apartment which was plenty big enough for our group (2 adults, 1 11 year old) but any more than that may feel a bit cramped. Room was well equipped for SC but we ate out a lot. The hotel facilities were fine. Nice pool and sauna. Restaurant attached to the hotel was nice and reasonably priced. The hotel does breakfast but we did not use it.

Hotel boot room was not great but mostly because there are no seats. Locker was a reasonable size, heated too so you can leave your boots. The hotel has a ski shop on the side for rentals and Eclose has another Henri Sport shop.

Location was ok but could have been better, it was a few mins uphill walk to the Alpe Express gondola, not so much fun carting equipment. It's not ski-in ski-out as advertised, which was a shame. With good snow you can ski from the main lifts to the bottom of the Alpe Express and then ski to the hotel (just about).

Eclose itself is a fairly quiet area but has a supermarket and a few nice low key restaurants. A bit out of the way but still easy to get to the busy areas on foot. Bergers is pretty close by with lots more shops & bars. We used Bens Bus which dropped us off about 5 mins walk from the hotel.

Not sure I would pick this hotel again but we got an amazing deal with Sunweb so you never know. You could do a lot worse
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi there

Many many very much for the feedback. I guess I am getting cold feet (literally and figuratively!) as I feel I have paid quite a lot for the package and haven't seen many favourable reviews mainly the SC apartments on Google, Tripadvisor and the like. I can't change that but I am hoping with a bit more prior knowledge, I'd be able to manage my expectations and make the most of it.

I read a few reviews about the boot room not being that great (don't think I can get my feet in those wretched boots standing up!) and I wondered if it's worth renting ski lockers (at Place du Paganon) instead. Is it possible for me too use the Alpe Express from the accommodation to get to Place Paganon and then get myself comfortably booted up there or is it too much of a faff?

I am hiring ski equipment from Cyril's which I think is in Les Bergers Commercial Centre. Hope that's decent.

Also are there any restaurants to recommend?

It will be my first time in Alpe d'Huez, my first ski after 4 years and I am hardly a competent skier (started in my late 30s)! And as always, 2 weeks to a ski holiday, the nerves set in and I ask myself "Why am I doing this?". I go all nervous and then a week later, I am planning the next one!

Thanks again.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ADH is great and staying in L'Eclose is nice. If you have reservations about those apartments take a schufty on VRBO and AirBNB for private rentals - there are some great options in L'Eclose and in the main village - but they are close to each other and can be gondola'd or walked fairly easily - I'd say a 20 min saunter by foot or the Alpe Express. I would find the uphill climb to the Alpe Express a major pain in the arrrse and we have been careful with our choices to avoid the climb up from some accomodation, although there is a lift from some of the apartments
Cyril's is an ok ski shop but you may want to consider one of the hire shops in L'Eclose to save you trooping your kit all the way over from Bergers and back again.
You have a couple of good restaurants in L'Eclose itself - a really nice pizza restaurant with a wood oven - although I can't remember its name, sorry.
If you like burgers then visit Smithys Tavern on a Monday night for their burger night - it is very good and decent value.
And there are good restaurants throughout the area - L'Edelweiss is a more expensive option but good.
Seems a bit counter-intuitive to book lockers all the way by Pagagnon - if the ski room in your accomodation is a bit pants then dry your boots in your room and put them on in there.

But the bottom line is: It is a fabulous resort, well linked, with loads of skiing of all levels.

I am next there from this Saturday. We aren't staying in L'Eclose this time, but in Veil Alpe. I can't wait
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy