Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 2022 / 2023

Poster: A snowHead
I’ve done the black down to Bourg a few times including a big crash once which broke a few ribs. Not for the feint hearted! There are some great bits of biking in Les Arcs as well as La Plagne (Mont Jovet being especially memorable), I’ve gone to White Room every time as their guiding is superb and their accommodation and food is pretty good too!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@johnE, re: registering - also in the process. Since we rent out through P&V there's been discussion over the SIREN to use, so it will be a couple of days before we complete I 'm sure!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good going, some skinned up to the top of Aiguille Rouge this morning...

ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
A lot of heavy machinery at the top of Arcabulle. Is there something new being built?

snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thefatcontroller wrote:
A lot of heavy machinery at the top of Arcabulle. Is there something new being built?
Ground works for the replacement of the TransArc just beginning, perhaps?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar wrote:
thefatcontroller wrote:
Ground works for the replacement of the TransArc just beginning, perhaps?

Sounds logical, thanks...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Still a lot of snow around. I wonder what the mountain bike tracks will be like in early July?

Good to see some work on the Transarc replacement at last starting.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Still a lot of snow around. I wonder what the mountain bike tracks will be like in early July?

Good to see some work on the Transarc replacement at last starting.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Some big work going on now at the top of Arcabulle..
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We received a letter this morning from ESF 1600.

Firstly they acknowledged that Arc1600 is not a good resort for beginners, especially small children and stated the improvements they plan to make to the jardin d’enfants entre l’ESF et l’Arcelle, l’ESF Arc 1600. This will include a covered conveyor belt at the western end and replacing the tow row with an uncovered belt plus some landscaping and a snow cannon.

It still doesn't make it a great place for adult beginners but it will probably attract more families. Or rather stop them being drawn to the more family friendly villages.

Similar facilities already exist at Arc 2000, 1800 and Vallandry
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This proposal for parking in Arc 1600 may be of interest to some:

https://www.trois-a.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/Presentation-stationnement-payant-Arc-1600.pdf

Looking at the Arcabulle webcam this morning the work to build the new top station of the TransArc gondola looks to be in full flow.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for the post@rob@rar, it is of course of conseiderable interest to us. There is a public meeting about the proposal on August 3.

Ever since they started charging for parking in Arc1800 parking in 1600 has become more and more of a problem as people have unloaded in 1800 then left their cars in 1600. It looks as if the problem will now be shifted to the road leading from 1600 to 2000 as people will just park further up on the road. It is odd that they mention 3 reasons for this change yet do not mention the obivious one - to raise more revenue. We will have to see what happens in the meeting.

Unfortunately I cannot make the meeting in person as I have just had a total knee replacement and the surgeon has said I must not have any holidays for 3 months.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@johnE, hope your recovery goes well and we can meet up this coming season.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@johnE, @rob@rar, are either you you out in the summer? - we arrive 2nd August for 19 days.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Arctic Roll, not this year; Boston, Cape Cod and New York bound...
snow report
@Arctic Roll, I was hoping to get out before my operation on July 1st, but got rather overtaken by events. It looks as if the recovery is going to be longer and much more painful than I anticipated. it is looking as if it is going to be 6 months before I can manage much at all. I still hoping to get out over Christmas, but not sure how much skiing I'll be able to do. In fact the surgeon said I cannot ski again Sad We'll see.
ski holidays
@johnE, that not a good prognosis. I presume your surgeon isn't a skier...

@rob@rar, sweet. Enjoy!
snow conditions
More construction spotted via webcams and Facebook. First, is there a new building or picnic area at the top of the 2300 Chairlift (the little chair serving the nursery slopes above Vallandry)? Appears (from the Grizzly webcam) to be small, perhaps with a couple of terraces? I don't use that lift so it might well have been there for some time and I've not spotted not before.

https://www.trinum.com/ibox/ftpcam/mega_peisey-vallandry_grizzly.jpg

Spotted this photo on Facebook (I think the URL will soon break as FB seems to do dynamic links). Middle station of the TransArc also has a crane on site so guess construction there as well?

@Arctic Roll, thanks. I'm sure I will.
ski holidays
Well I'm glad I am not in Les Arcs today (it is very rare you'll hear me say that. This is probably the first time) but the web cams do not look great. It is raining heavily in Arc 1600 and 1800 and snowing above about 2300m The webcam at the top of Arpette shows lots of snow. The bike rides down from Arcabulle will be quite challenging.

@Arctic Roll, How was your summer trip. I gather it was rather hot.
latest report
It's finally stopped raining in Bourg now after a lot in the night and this morning.

The Transarc 2 has been out of action all week, so I doubt that there is much activity up top apart from the building works I guess.

It was REALLY hot last week, high 30's all week, (we saw 40 degrees on the van dash when coming through Lyon last Sunday), and it wasn't much cooler up the mountain either.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy