Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomiti Superski 2022/23

Poster: A snowHead
Time for this one again Cool And there is currently a sizeable fall showing up for next week on Bergfex but probably not yet nailed on. Hopefully that snow won’t disrupt the rather more important business of snowmaking Laughing
https://www.bergfex.com/alta-badia/wetter/prognose/
Kronplatz target opening date is then a week on Saturday with the Alta Badia and most of the rest of the SR scheduled to open some skiing from the 3rd December. I wouldn’t bet against them hitting that target despite the recent warm weather. Looks to be cool enough by Friday to start making snow again on the upper slopes. Hope they have sufficient water available and lots of euros for the meter.
The currently modelled output after that looks to be staying moderately cool at the moment.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ciao! Booked a week at le dolomiti from the 10th Dec! Super excited, but slightly anxious about the current weather!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
One good dump of snow is all they need.
Twice we have booked after they had a dump early December
After that they had more or less none before we arrived after New Year and still had very nice skiing.
The unknown so far this year is the impact of availability and cost of power?
Last year it was covid.
There is always something to worry about rolling eyes
We are booked anyway. Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looking at the social medias of Kronplatz and Cortina they started the snow cannons earlier this week at higher levels! And yes, one good dump is all they need to make the scery spectacular, which I'm sure is likely at some point in early dec!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
New black variant at San Vigilio (Kronplatz).

The “dog leg” is, I think, Erta which is the black used for the Womens World Cup.
The variant looks shorter and presumably steeper

ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Snow this morning at higher altitude, Tuesdays forecast looks much better too! - Happy days
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snow cannons are 'blowing' up at Seceda !! Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes looks like the drier air has just arrived snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@JHS, Isn't Erta the black with the serious "cliff" at the end?*

Be a shame to miss that. Might have to do a loop and try both runs. Toofy Grin

*First time I went to Kronplatz, a group of us (I blame @Fingersfreddy) were tear*ssing down the run in perfect conditions. I didn't see the drop and nearly went over the edge at some ridiculous speed. Would have launched myself into serious trouble. Skullie Shocked

Thankfully, a kid swerved in front of me at the top and I had to take avoiding action. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
First time trying the dolomites! - Staying in Val Gardena so easy access to the Sella Ronda. How accessible are the resorts which aren't linked? Like Cortina? - Is there regular public transports? Or is it an expensive taxi?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
brianatab wrote:
@JHS, Isn't Erta the black with the serious "cliff" at the end?*

Be a shame to miss that. Might have to do a loop and try both runs. Toofy Grin

*First time I went to Kronplatz, a group of us (I blame @Fingersfreddy) were tear*ssing down the run in perfect conditions. I didn't see the drop and nearly went over the edge at some ridiculous speed. Would have launched myself into serious trouble. Skullie Shocked

Thankfully, a kid swerved in front of me at the top and I had to take avoiding action. rolling eyes

Was a good day though!

Funny thing is that I'm wearing my Kronplatz toque today! must be a sign....great ski area. Shame it's so far, but always worth the trip.

ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
geomar wrote:
First time trying the dolomites! - Staying in Val Gardena so easy access to the Sella Ronda. How accessible are the resorts which aren't linked? Like Cortina? - Is there regular public transports? Or is it an expensive taxi?

You can get to Cortina by Taxi from Armentarola - but, as it is your first time in the area I wouldn't bother ; there is more than enough skiing in the immediate Sella Ronda to keep you busy for several weeks.....
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@geomar, As @albob, says, plenty of choice on the Sella Ronda to keep you busy for a first trip.
Plenty of little, and longer offshoots for a day out.

The Edelweis Vallay, above Colfosco has some nice runs.
Sedecca is a good day, with La Longia, the longest run in the area (11km I think) down to Ortesei.

Plenty to keep you busy in the Alta Badia area.
Well worth visiting the little church at Santa Croce, (Badia), taking in Grand Risa on the way to La Villa.

Marmolada (via Arabba) for the highest run in the area.
Poza di Fassa has a couple of great runs. (Take the cable car down from Belvedere).
There is also an additional loop at Vigo di Fassa if you think you have time.
Alp di Suisi, with the recently reopened run back to Ortesei.
Plus of course, the Sella Ronda itself in both directions.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If you do want to try Cortina, there is a new Gondola from Batia bai de dones, at the bottom of Cinque Torri. Takes 20 minutes each way, and links with the Olympia lift above Pocol. Regular taxis/buses from Armentrolla up to Passo Falzarego.

It's a bit convoluted getting back, because you will have to navigate Cinque Torri, and possibly the Hidden Valley to get home.

You would be unlikely to get a taxi from Batia, but there may be the odd one knocking about at Falzarego. (It may be possible to pre book one on the way up)

You would need a very early start, gamble on a quick taxi from Armentarolla, and be very strict about your timing on the way back.
It's worth just having a day in Cinque Torri and the hidden valley for a day trip. You could do that to check your timings to see if you could take in Cortina at some future time.

Give yourself a good hour to get back from Armentarola to Passo Gardena
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Fingersfreddy, I'd have thought you'd have worn that hat out by now and be ready for a new one. Laughing Laughing
(It is 4 years since you got it).

Just don't go shopping on the way home when racing for the last lift. wink wink
ski holidays
@brianatab I don’t think there is a serious cliff. It is on the San Vigilio side, furthest away from Bruneck and the actual hill Kronplatz with the bell on top.
It starts at the same place as Piculin and effectively runs back to back with Piculin. Where Piculin takes you further away still from San Vigilio, Erta takes you back to SV.
Erta does have a serious “adverse camber” as you round that corner.
The only ones I can think of with anything like a cliff are the two blacks from Kronplatz summit (near the bell) down to Reischach. Sylwester and Hernegg
latest report
@JHS, Not a serious cliff, but it is very steep, especially on the far left. Quite frightening when you don't expect it. Very Happy

I now make a point of taking it as far left as possible. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Top vid on Ustaria Posta just released. Must watch.
snow report
brianatab wrote:
@geomar, As @albob, says, plenty of choice on the Sella Ronda to keep you busy for a first trip.
Plenty of little, and longer offshoots for a day out.

Sedecca is a good day, with La Longia, the longest run in the area (11km I think) down to Ortesei.

I think you meant Seceda..... wink
snow conditions
You can get to Cortina by Taxi from Armentarola - but, as it is your first time in the area I wouldn't bother ; there is more than enough skiing in the immediate Sella Ronda to keep you busy for several weeks.....[/quote]

……it’ll take you 10 years just to get an understanding of how much skiing is covered on your lift pass. (It’s plenty) Laughing

The Kronplatian’s have resumed snow making on the upper slopes snowHead
https://www.bergfex.com/kronplatz/webcams/c620/
The forecast (for snow making) looks ok in the run up to the 26th.
snow conditions
6 days to go (for some Dolomite ski areas) and the prospects for opening are looking good. Mostly dry cool and clear weather, ideal conditions for getting the snow down and moving it to where it is needed. Also a high chance now of a decent dump on Tuesday which then gives way to more dry and cool air.

https://www.bergfex.com/groeden-wolkenstein/wetter/prognose/
latest report
Some snow falling today but it should only interrupt the snow making for 12 hours or so. Back on track tomorrow Laughing
https://www.bergfex.com/groeden-wolkenstein/webcams/c561/
snow report
Looking very good!!!!
snow conditions
If conditions are sunny and eminently skiable on the 10th of December, I hereby promise to return to the fold and go back to mass.
snow conditions
Cortina, Kronplatz, 3 peaks, Val de Fiemme, Obereggen and Carezza are scheduled to open on 26th November. All being well, remainder should open on 3rd December.
latest report
All looking good on social media - reposts from restaraunts in the Villages opening up on the 26th are very much gearing up for opening!
snow report
Current weather at Kronplatz (San Vigilio) is looking……. well, pretty damn good I would say.
Snow cannon blasting away at village level. It is not wall to wall snow everywhere but it is looking promising for the opening on Saturday.

That’s the current view from my window. Snow cannon partially obscured by the tree.

And the view from the balcony looking up the valley. There is snow in the village and the lower pistes are looking good, but there is green grass showing at the sides of the pistes at village level.
latest report
Not weather related, but can anyne give any recommendations on the best place for Ski Hire in Santa Cristina?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Current weather in San Vigilio is :
Blue sky with a tiny bit of cloud
Crisp and cold (feels about -2 or so)
No wind
Lovely
The photo below (top picture) shows Pedaga (blue/ red) on the left, Erta (black piste with the “adverse camber) in the middle and the new piste Sorega (black) on the right.
I guess just portable snow cannon on the new piste which shows the benefits of using snow cannon to help form a decent base for later snow falls.
These are at village level. Still looking good for Saturday opening. Bottom picture shows snow at village level

latest report
A list of 'improvements' in the Dolomiti Superski area for next season

https://www.dolomitisuperski.com/en/Dolomiti-Super-Stories/dss/Novit--impianti-e-piste-
snow report
albob wrote:

https://www.dolomitisuperski.com/en/Dolomiti-Super-Stories/dss/Novit--impianti-e-piste-

Still no upgrade to that freezing cold chairlift (out of La vizza?). They should’ve sorted that with a shield years ago!
snow report
Yep - the Masarei chairlift (aka Misery chairlift Wink )
snow conditions
Today is the first week of the Dolomite ski season. Quite a few skiers out this morning enjoying the sunshine and early season conditions.
26 kms of red and blue pistes are open at Kronplatz with 8 gondolas and 4 chairlifts running.

https://www.dolomitisuperski.com/en/Open-lifts

It’s taken about 22 days from first snow to first runs open. Snow making has provided most of that with the canon running about 15 days.

No doubt they are anxiously watching their electricity meter but at least they should be getting some ticket revenue back in starting today.

Up the road in the Alta Badia Piste depths are currently 15cm on the upper slopes and 10cm on the lower. Its looking like they are on course for their opening too, next weekend.

https://snowreport.skicarosello.it/skicarosello/?lang=en

The Sella Ronda is scheduled to open on the 3rd December too, which sounds very early ?

The conditions look good on the webcams. Sunny with a North westerly breeze and freezing level up to about 1200m. The air is slightly drier today which will help preserve the surface quality of the snow. The outlook for December is more of the same.

https://www.bergfex.com/kronplatz/webcams/c14486/
latest report
AL9000 wrote:
albob wrote:

Still no upgrade to that freezing cold chairlift (out of La vizza?). They should’ve sorted that with a shield years ago!

Keeps the runs on each side of it quiet though Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Garfield wrote:
AL9000 wrote:
albob wrote:

Keeps the runs on each side of it quiet though Madeye-Smiley

True Madeye-Smiley

And what beautiful runs they are too!
Carving nirvana!

#SteepsR4Sheeps
latest report
Can anybody comment on the snow conditions in and around the Sello Ronda. I'm thinking of heading out there next weekend for a week with my children, but I don't want to take a risk on the snow conditions.
ski holidays
@Jcosh, Just check the webcams for the best view. I had a look this AM and the Snow cannons were on, it was snowing and race training was taking place at Piz Sella (Selva).

https://www.valgardena.it/en/webcams/
snow conditions
@Jcosh, Looking good, there was snow last week that turned everywhere white & there has been light snow over the last couple of days & more in the forecast, just small amounts but plenty for the dolomite slopes & the weather is staying below zero
We are heading out to Arabba Saturday 10th & looking forward to some great early season skiing.
ski holidays
[quote=" The Sella Ronda is scheduled to open on the 3rd December too, which sounds very early ? [/quote]

In Italy there is a bank holiday on the 8th. So they will always try to open it in time to coincide with that!

Seems to be a decent amount of snow on the way next weekend. Hoping most runs will be open!
snow conditions
Kronplatz has had the upper pistes open since Saturday.
The village runs in San Vigilio are supposedly opening tomorrow.
Yesterday some locals were saying that they didn’t think the skiing was as good this year, but it has been very acceptable indeed to me.
I wouldn’t worry too much about the Sella Ronda. I think it will be fine. They invest a lot of prestige in this.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy