Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach/super ski area off piste

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Summer blues kicking in and planning/scheming options for winter. One option is doing a few months in one area and setting up camp in saalbach for the super ski area lift pass looks like a good option. As I have only been in zell am see when I was just learning I have no Knowledge of this area. What's the lift served off piste and short hikes like. Would have transport so have a lot of options of area with the lift pass.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Google driving distances from Saalbach to other areas and you'll find that you are better off staying in Zell, or Saalfelden. This puts you in easy driving distance of Saalbach, Maria Alm, Bad Gastein, Hollersbach for Kitzbuhel etc.... Fieberbrunn has good lift served off piste which is easy to navigate. The Saalbach/Hinterglemm stuff needs a guide to find properly. Similarly Maria Alm, which I hear can be very good off piste and is delightful on piste.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Excellent. The best off piste is more accessible from Fiebebrun, but nothing happens there at all. I can recommend the all suite resort. Sounds terrible but nice rooms (get the ones on the top floor), great sauna and near the very few restaurants and a bar.
If you need a guide I will find the guy we used who was great. Mixed ability group and he did a great job catering to all.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was researching saalbach more than zell just because the larger area on the doorstep. Although zell would probably be a better town to spend 3 months.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Duplicate post

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 24-07-22 17:06; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

I was researching saalbach more than zell just because the larger area on the doorstep. Although zell would probably be a better town to spend 3 months.

No, Saalbach is generally acknowledged to be far superior in terms of just about everything: ski area, altitude, convenience, infrastructure, lift system, apres-ski, variety. Its off-piste is also underrated. Zell am See is nice in the summer though.

Watch this video:
http://youtube.com/v/CouveBx499c

Jimmy Petterson is a personal friend, as well as a fellow Snowhead. He's often available to do some companionable skiing, on or off-piste.

Also search Youtube for "Richard Bergenholtz Saalbach". Richard and his mates run the "Underbar" at night and make videos of Saalbach's off-piste by day.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy