Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Never learned any trick AT ALL in my 14 years of skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Noob here. I mean kind of ig, I don't know what qualifies as a noob here or not, like I'm pretty good for world standards but not for this niche, I don't have the level to be a ski instructor. I haven 't skied in the last two years but ever since I was 3 --I'm 17 now-- I skied every winter and several summers as well in Europe and America (I'm from Argentina). I can ride almost any piste with ease and mostly good technique, and the same for most skiable off pistes I suppose. But there's one thing I missed out on: tricks. I never practised or attempted any trick whatsoever, not even shifties or easy grabs . So my inquiry lies there, what can I do? where can I try them? how can I start? how long does it take for me to learn that and to progress to more complicated ones? Is it too late?

btw I only at the moment possess some pretty wide and tall freeride nordica skis so I don't know if that's any relevant to my question, maybe it makes it harder.

So yeah, thank you guys in advance
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well given you're 17 you're still relatively made of rubber so shouldn't be that hard but if you've gone through your teenage years without a burning desire to get air or send drops then why start now? If you do start It would be relatively easy assuming your skis are twin tipped to start with a bit of switch and some straight airs then adding in some oldskool spreadeagles and helis before progressing to modern tricks.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Well given you're 17 you're still relatively made of rubber so shouldn't be that hard but if you've gone through your teenage years without a burning desire to get air or send drops then why start now? If you do start It would be relatively easy assuming your skis are twin tipped to start with a bit of switch and some straight airs then adding in some oldskool spreadeagles and helis before progressing to modern tricks.

yeah, they're twin-tipped, they're the Nordica enforcer 93 if I'm not mistaken. Thanks for the reply.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.

http://youtube.com/v/3f6l9z8kYrQ
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

http://youtube.com/v/oQIwAzlduzU

I’d recommend a real life instructor to get you going.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The only trick I learned is Disappearing Kaiserschmarrns. Taught to me by the ten time Olympic Champion in the discipline, LechBob Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@AL9000, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I never learnt any tricks either, in half a century. I'm 75 so it's probably too late now. Sad
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

how can I start?

Take a park lessons/clinics.

Don't know about Europe, but in north America, just about any mountain will have lessons about riding in the terrain park. Sign up and they'll get you started.

Though as @Dave of the Marmottes pointed out, if you haven't had a burning desire to get air, you may not like the experience? Still, only one way to find out. Get some professional instructions to do it right.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w wrote:
I never learnt any tricks either, in half a century. I'm 75 so it's probably too late now. Sad

It’s never too late to turn tricks.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w wrote:

When I was 17, tricks weren't as popular as now. Had it been, I definitely would give it a try. (truth being, I did try, when parks became common place. Didn't much like doing it. Though it left me with some understanding when watching others trying it)
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
abc wrote:
Quote:

how can I start?

Take a park lessons/clinics.

Don't know about Europe, but in north America, just about any mountain will have lessons about riding in the terrain park. Sign up and they'll get you started.

Though as @Dave of the Marmottes pointed out, if you haven't had a burning desire to get air, you may not like the experience? Still, only one way to find out. Get some professional instructions to do it right.

linds and I are both in our 60's and we started going to freestyle coaching sessions last year for the first time, albeit in a snowdome! Apart from being great fun it added to our toolbox of options for when things went wrong on and off piste.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy