Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotels in Wengen

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A quick question if that’s OK. Does anyone know what the Hotel Falken, Wengen is like & would anyone on here recommend? Thinking about booking for Jan for a week. We’ve previously stayed at the Belvedere, Silberhorn & Victoria in Wengen & the Derby & Wolter in Grindelwald but can see costs have risen significantly since our last trip to the area in 2019 (will be booking a package for the ATOL cover).

I won’t be skiing next season (at the moment), but MrChuckles3 is looking to join the DHO (or similar if anything else exists - previously used SCGB but no longer members) so he’s got some company on the slopes whilst I take a few walks.

Any info gratefully appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Chuckles3, yes I've stayed several times at the Falken. It has a certain old world charm, the lounge and bar areas are very nice. There's a piano in one of the downstairs lounge rooms and there used to be some brilliant evenings there with American jazz pianist Al Copley. Sadly he was poached a few years back by another hotel (in St. Moritz I believe) but I believe there are other musicians who still play there in the evening. However in recent years I've stayed at the Hotel Edelweiss, excellent value and the set 4 course evening meal is very good. https://www.edelweisswengen.ch/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Chuckles3, I'd echo Alastair’s thoughts about old world charm - rugs on parquet floors, sash windows, grand old pieces of furniture. One other thing worth mentioning is that the food is good. It’s 'almost' ski-in / ski-out too.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks both Madeye-Smiley
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy