Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for ski buddies/group

Poster: A snowHead
Hello hello! I’m a 28 year old female looking to find a ski buddy or group.

I’ve ALWAYS wanted to go skiing and have tried to convince friends and family to come skiing with me but no luck Sad I’m at beginner level and live in London. Does anyone here have any plans to go skiing in 2022/23 and wouldn’t mind if joined? I promise I am very sociable Very Happy

Cheers!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Orai, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

I'm sure many others will suggest this, but going on a snowHeads bash would be an ideal introduction to skiing, and very sociable too. As a beginner I think the preBBWUW week in Alleghe in the Italian Dolomites could be very suitable. It's a nice ski area, with well maintained and groomed pistes, great scenery and excellent mountain restaurants for coffee/hot chocolate and lunch stops (although the hotel has such abundant food at breakfast and dinner you may not want a large lunch!) The deal that admin arranges includes the local area ski pass so is really good value too. snowHead

Edit: Note the link in blue is to this year's bash which of course has already taken place (next year's will have its own thread later this year), but the information about the hotel and area is still informative. Very Happy

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 28-04-22 18:42; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you, Alastair!! Eh oh!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Orai, you're welcome!
Just a thought, you said you're at beginner level. Have you tried having skis on at all, if not then a beginner lesson at one of the indoor snowdomes, (Hemel Hempstead would be my first choice) or Milton Keynes are probably closest for you if you're based in London. It lets you get used to the feel of having skis on your feet and the first amazing feeling of moving downhill slowly on skis (hopefully under control, but all good fun!) Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another option would be something like HOFNAR's beginners week (https://hofnar.com/beginners-improvers/ - but looks like Dan's in the middle of a post season update so better to drop him a line for details). If nothing else you know everyone else in the chalet is in the same boat, being both beginners and solo travellers unable to find friends/family who want give skiing a try.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
This post is a few months old but If you've not booked yet I think you'll find action Outdoors worth a look. They have a number of centres in France, (I've been once, to serre chevalier) but the best part for you is that it includes lessons. I second the idea to have a taster at one of the indoor centres in the UK first but nothing will prepare you better than having lessons on a mountain.

I was worried I'd be the only English person but there were plenty of us and most people will be around your age.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Orai, Hi there, I'm a keen skier who would also love to go skiing in 22/23, but none of my friends ski and I'm also based near London. Let me know if you're still looking for a ski buddy!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi! Similar situation here. Moving back to Europe in a week and none of my friends here ski. Will probably join a bash, but would like to have a few buddies to go on other trips as well so hit me up if you're still looking for one. (I'm 24 yr old female beginner intermediate)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@claupoescu I'm a 24 year old female beginner snowboarder based in London! Would love to get connected Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Orai, similar situation! Would love to plan a trip
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hey,

Me too - intermediate (blue/red piste skier) from London - mid 30's woman, suddenly realised today I have 10 days of leave to use before 6 Jan (oops!) so hoping to plan a trip first week of January. Never been on a solo ski trip before.

Currently looking at this place https://www.clubmed.co.uk/r/arcs-extreme/y which seems to be pretty low faff and quite sociable...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Also worth a look at Singlesport.com ,ski and sailing holidays, been going for ages, on the xmas club med extreme trip this year if the french don’t cancel it again
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Orai,

Go with:-

https://www.singlesport.com
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Can really recommend action outdoors - great company and very sociable, I’m going to flaine w/c 28/1 with them
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Orai, @cuppatea, @regxoxo, @regxoxo, @claupoescu, @ellie77, @cuppatea, @silentice,

Hey guys,
I am a 24 year old girl living in london and I am very keen and looking for a group to join for a skii trip. I am planning between dec 15 - jan 15.
Can we connect somehow and discuss this in detail this week? I am planning to do the bookings by the end of this week. This would be my first skii trip as well so it would an awesome experience to find other similar people around.
ski holidays
Hi everyone I’m interested !
Fit mature British female / intermediate skier . Love Apres and very sociable !
snow report
I’m going to Chamonix solo at new year. If anyone else is there then or wish yo joint please Dm me
ski holidays
If anyone still interested in a group ski trip and want to joint me at nye in Chamonix I’d love to get connected
latest report
@Orai, I’m travelling yo Chamonix NYE 31st dec looking for ski buddies Eh oh!
ski holidays
@freyamehta, I hope I didn't see your post too late Sad Have you made plans yet? I'm down to coordinate.
ski holidays
@claupoescu, hi are you travelling yo Chamonix? I’ve got accomodation, ski group sorted and booked. But happy to share details with you
snow report
Hello ladies, are any of you still looking for a trip? I've got a space for a single female (in a shared room) on a trip to Solden, Austria, 25th March - 1st April.....
snow report
is anyone interested in a trip to Alps or Andorra in March when the sun is likely to be nice in afternoon. Looking on some sites e.g. Crystal there are some self catering holidays for around £500 including flights but not for the sole traveller. I could fly from most airports - I'd even be interested in driving across if that is economically feasible (never done it but can drive) with others.
latest report
@supasap, I’m thinking of Serre Chevalier on 23rd March. Found a nice studio with a good deal on Airbnb. Let me know what you think
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy