Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2021/2022

Poster: A snowHead

Right, lets see if we can go skiing this year!

https://en.la-plagne.com

https://www.skipass-laplagne.com/en/tarifs

https://www.edenski.com/cms/eden-price

https://www.skialacarte.fr/FrontOffice/

https://presse-laplagne.com/en/welcome-to-la-plagne/

New Ski area Development https://www.skipass-laplagne.com/en/projet-domaine

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 8-09-21 8:48; edited 3 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
First lift out of 1800 on the 11th December Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

@Timg60, Some of us have to wait until the 18th!
https://en.la-plagne.com/opening-dates
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Will be there on the 22nd…..looking for those elusive 6 day ski pass promo codes on the links..any suggestions or too early?
And best Christmas Day lunch in Belle Plagne?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whoop, whoop, marked.......
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well done boredsurfin.
Ski a la Carte have added 3Valleys.
And Edenski window for reduction in Season Pass has been reduced Oct 15 to Nov 15.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

And best Christmas Day lunch in Belle Plagne?

Out of curiosity why would lunch on Christmas day in Belle Plagne be any different to, let us say, Monday lunch?

If you want a special lunch I'd be tempted to ski down to Champagny for lunch
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jonpim wrote:

Ski a la Carte have added 3Valleys.

How does the ski a la carte work out cost wise?

I'm skiing 8 days in the 3 Valleys in January and then 4 days in Tignes/Val D'Isere in April, is it something that'll work out cheaper? I've looked online, but no prices up yet.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
swskier, Professor boredsurfin compared Season Pass with Ski a la Carte. He may know more.
Outcome depends on how many days you don't go skiing. With Ski a la Carte you only pay days skied. If you are intending to Ski all of you 8 + 4 days, then a standard Ski pass probably better option.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Jonpim, thought that might be the case. Not buying anything yet anyway, so will compare prices when it's all available.

Thanks
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@swskier, as Mr Pim says. Plus it very much depends on which days you ski - The more I ski, the more I am rewarded: indeed my 9th day is at 1€, as well as every 5th day after that (the 14th, 19th, 24th...)
The key to ski ala carte is the use of the 'free' days and the reduced Saturday rates. Another consideration is it is charged per day even if you go on just one lift for a quick last minute ski. A few seasons ago my daughter, an accountant, compiled a complex spreadsheet taking into account the discounted days etc. It worked out that my Annual/season pass saved money as break even was 16.5 days. Ifirc the ski all carte saved money after 22 days. However, the true benefit is the ability to use the card in the other resorts without need to buy another pass or card. With the addition of 3V it broadens the appeal.

The La plagne ski-pass website says its re-luanch for 20/21 is tomorrow (Sept 8th) keep an eye on it as it did say Sept 6th!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boredsurfin, seems up and running this morning snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Jonpim, Yep, but no ability to buy season/annual passes yet. There is a nice Lavatiere video and some developments plans. ( I notice that Lavatiere is not for use by 1800 residents wink )

https://www.skipass-laplagne.com/en/projet-domaine
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boredsurfin, you are right!! Shocked
Only for "skiers starting in Plagne Centre, coming down from Plagne Aime 2000 or arriving from Plagne Montalbert". Sad
So, you're ok.
We'll just have to use our Touring Skis (got for last season but never used).
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Jonpim, Nice that we have an exclusive lift Smile
There are some rather nice new build ski in ski out apartments for sale in Montalbert Toofy Grin

https://www.terresens.com/en/programmes-immobiliers/invest-in-plagne-montalbert/
ski holidays
New lift looks good - with the planned introduction of the new lift across to the glacier (December 2023) will that mean you can access the top as well (with chairs) or will it be from 3000m and below from then on?
latest report
Looking for some local knowledge. I'm just exploring possibilities for Easter in April, we have flights Weds 13th returning Monday 18th. The girlfriend's sister and fella are coming with us and they're total newbies.

I've looked at Tignes and Val Thorens so far as I know the areas, so know some runs around there that'll be ok for them.

La Plagne and Les Arcs I have skied once, as a 13 year old in 2004, so don't really remember anything of the place.

As Easter is so late i'm looking for high up, hence Tignes and Val Thorens, but I also think the Paradiski area could work. (assuming it's a normal season snow wise)

Does anyone have any ideas on which villages within the area would be best suited to total beginners?
snow report
@swskier, Plagne Bellecote or Plagne Centre I would say or Arc 1800 on the other side.
snow conditions
@Layne, thank you. I'll have a look around for apartments
snow report
I'd agree with Plagne Centre/Bellecote. In Plagne Centre there is a very easy flat run that goes under the large building that has it's own lift (Boulevard), this lift never has a queue and we had a number of beginners in our group (kids and adults) that got confidence going up and down that run. From there you then have the option to get a lift up towards Plagne Bellecote (Bergerie) where you'll find some more good runs for beginners and some stuff they can progress to as well. If you get the Arpette lift from Plagne Bellecote there are loads of long easy blue runs in the direction of Les Arcs as well.
latest report
Plagne Villages - Jan 8th - looks high enough to be snowsnure? Is that a fair statement?
snow conditions
@ado, yes
ski holidays
@boredsurfin, @Jonpim, Do you know if the 'free' days on the ski a la carte card apply when you ski in some /all the resorts available on the card or does it just apply to each individual resort?
This year we are thinking of just buying the La Plagne season pass rather than the Paradiski season pass and also taking out a ski a la carte pass and maybe have a day a week in some the resorts available on the ski a la carte pass.
So for instance, if we skied 3 days in 3 Valleys, 3 days in Tignes and 2 days in Serre Chevalier would that give us a 'free' day at any of the resorts on the pass or would we have to ski 8 days in one resort to be entitled to a free day at that resort?
ski holidays
@skichampcouk, I think - it works by number of days skied not where skied. My kids use the pass in La Plagne and then Les Arcs for the free day seems to be ok. Maybe worth dropping ski all carte an email to check other resorts are ok...
snow report
@boredsurfin, Thanks, I had an online chat with somebody via the La Plagne skipass website but she didn't know. She is going to get back to me when she knows the answer but I thought somebody on here may know.
latest report
The answer I received was -
Following your last request , I confirm you can add up you days of ski in any ski area you want (except on Grand Massif ski area) and will get the loyalty day for 1€.
snow conditions
@skichampcouk, Result! Very Happy
latest report
skichampcouk, glad you got an answer coz i didn't know.

Interesting idea of yours to combine La Plagne pass with A la Carte rather than full Paradiski pass.
Have you got spreadsheet to confirm an advantage? Toofy Grin

We intend to go for Paradiski pass. We never manage the required trips across to Les Arcs to cover the difference, but always thought only the Paradiski pass would get the free days in St Foy and half days in La Rosiere. Now not sure if this is correct. Any ideas?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Jonpim, If you collect Eden ski points purchasing the passes has given enough points for a day in Paradis ski - although that's not on the spreadsheet (:
ski holidays
skichampcouk wrote:
The answer I received was -
Following your last request , I confirm you can add up you days of ski in any ski area you want (except on Grand Massif ski area) and will get the loyalty day for 1€.

Surprised they say Grand Massif not included. I've had Ski a la Carte since 2010 and different areas have always been included towards 1 euro days, other than La Rosiere which works differently. 2019/2020 I had 4 days of skiing in Les Arcs in December, then early February 1 day Flaine and 3 days Grand Massif. Next trip was end of February Les Arcs and the first day was 1 euro.
ski holidays
@Jonpim, I didn't realise that it was only 21 euros a day on top of the La Plagne pass to go to Les Arcs for a day and we probably only go over 3 or 4 times a season so it is now not worth the extra for us to buy the Paradiski pass.
When we go to Les Arcs we always seem to be clock watching and don't want miss the last lifts back so it is never a very relaxed skiing day.
We've bought the Paradiski pass for years, initially it gave us free days in 3 valleys, espace killy etc, then we used it for the 6 days of epic pass in the US but now there doesn't seem that much benefit to it for us.
I'm not sure what discounts / free days are now offered with the Paradiski pass but they seem to be offering less each year.

Now ski a la Carte has the 3 valleys included it will be a lot easier for us just to nip across to Le Praz in the car and spend a full day in the 3 valleys without having to worry about missing the last lift back.
It also gives 15% off at Valmorel, Ste Foy and La Rosiere so we can still meet up for a nice Italian meal next season.
It also offers Carre Neige for 19 euros for a season which I assume covers you when you are using the ski a la carte but not too bad an offer.
latest report
@swskier, La Plagne would be an excellent place to take a couple of beginners in mid April. I've been in late April in the past and the snow stayed really well even though the temperature was in the 20s occaisionally. At just under 2000m Plagne Centre has the altitude and aspect to retain snow well and is suitably flat for your first expereince on snow. I woulod highly reccommend it. In fact for your party I would rate it above both Tignes and Val Thorens
snow conditions
Yes, skichampcouk, you do have much further to go: all the way back to Champagny. You need that one extra lift.
Standard adult Paradiski pass minus La Plagne pass divided by 21 = 5.73. La Plagne/Ski a la Carte pass seems sensible.

And i can't find anywhere (so far) that states what extras you now get from a La Plagne or Paradiski season pass.

Still, all this discussion about buying passes does add a little lift snowHead
snow report
Snow at Roche di Mio
https://www.la-plagne.com/decouvrir-la-plagne/domaine-skiable/webcams/roche-de-mio
Mist (and a bloody great crane) at Montalbert.
https://www.la-plagne.com/decouvrir-la-plagne/domaine-skiable/webcams/montalbert
snow report
Video of the first snowfall https://fb.watch/8tidxHUJCQ/
ski holidays
@Marsbar6, I received an email this morning saying that there'll be 10% off 6-15 day passes for a month after the 15th of October. There's no special code that I can see.

Can't comment on the Xmas day lunches though Happy
ski holidays
@jd_evans, @Marsbar6, Wild boar stew was on the menu at the Roc des Blanchettes in Champagny the last time we went for Xmas lunch, Mrs skichampcouk thought it was delicious.

I think it is on the menu most days and the price doesn't go up just because it's Christmas day.
Probably worth booking a table though and a very easy ski back to Belle Plagne.
ski holidays
+1 for the Roc Des Blanchettes. Best food we had in the area and the prices and staff were both great! If you're down in Les Coches, Le Sauget was also good - the braised beef in red wine with polenta and gruyère was excellent..... with more red wine. There are chickens laying eggs on the windowsill in the toilets and they have a big open fire and fur rugs for relaxing .
and swingers Toofy Grin.
Not really swingers... .
Go on then, it's Christmas.
snow conditions
Not sure if this is new or not for users of Ski a la Carte cards
Quote:
Benefit from a 15% discount on the price of my adult day skipass (public price including VAT) in these Tarentaise ski resorts:
- Sainte Foy Tarentaise
- Valmorel Le Grand Domaine
- La Rosière Espace San Bernardo
A checkout is required to purchase your skipass

Using our average season using a season pass v. Ski a la carte with its €1 days and €37 Saturdays, the season pass breaks even on day 21 on skis. Oddly the €1 days often ends up on a Saturday.
Quote:
The more I ski, the more I am rewarded: indeed my 9th day is at 1€, as well as every 5th day after that (the 14th, 19th, 24th...)
latest report
Is there a promo code this season for Ski a la carte ?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy