Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Corvara / arraba lessons

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
looking for recommendations for lessons for 9 year old kids for next seaosn. Preferably 2 or 3 private over ski school.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tanya at the Arabba ski school is excellent.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There are some seriously good ski instructors at the Corvara Ski school including national instructors, previous world cup competitors and even an ex Olympic skier but it really depends on what you're looking for from an instructor. In the last 7-8 years I've probably skied with something like 20 of them and they've pretty much all been really good. There's only one I would hesitate to recommend to others and that was really on his personality which I found rather slow, deliberate and hard to engage with.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@WASHOUT, Tania Crepaz in the Ski School in Arabba. I always have lessons from her. 4 of us this year on the Birthday Bash and all improved.

Here is a quote from Ronald on the BB thread

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=4927283&highlight=#4927283

"I did a 'quick' double Marmolada before picking up my backpack from the PV.

Then headed over to Kronplatz for lunch and a cheeky slushy but always epic Piculin... Which can be skied with 20 kilo on the back (Thanks to Tania whose lesson I shared with @Daishan, @diet fish and @GlasgowCyclops which much improved balance control) "

@WASHOUT, I can pass on your details to her via Facebook if you PM me a contact.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Glasgowcyclops I will take you up on that offer but one more question. I have never been to that area but how close is corvara to arraba? Girls are capable skiers we where able to get VT to meribel 1450 easily enough for 10 am lessons.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@WASHOUT, From Corvara, Up the Boe bubble, down to campolongo, up to Bec de rocs then down to Arabba. Probably an easy 25mins

Here is a video from about 1/2 way on the way back to Corvara and it is only 8 mins long.

http://youtube.com/v/ZJyBlym1G-8

Or up the Col Alto over the back way via paralongia, Visa to campolongo. A good bit longer but easier.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@WASHOUT, IMHO that area eg corvara, colfosco, Edelweiss valley is stunning and better than VT. IE id rather go on the BB than the EOSB any day Happy

See this vid from Igor and the kids this year (you can see how empty it was) ...... turn on the captions for an English translation.

http://youtube.com/v/sxMcsC8Y49A
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Glasgowcyclops PM sent

Excellent, never skied in Italy so looking forward to it.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Another question. Anybody used these guys? Might tag along with them for a day.

https://www.altabadiaguides.com/en/freeride-in-the-dolomites/
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quick question @Admin or @GlasgowCyclops is this her on the Web page (Tania C) https://scuolasciarabba.com/en/ski-instructors#
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@WASHOUT, yes that is Tania.

I've sent her your details but now PMing you her Facebook page.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cheers bud.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Any other recommendations apart from Tania?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wow, those kids in the last video carve better than me (not to mention the spins I wouldn't risk my knees on)!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy